Character Discussion Death Eyes ZKK - Iconographic of Zoro

Hell of a theory. But knowing Oda Zoro most likely lost his eye because one of the monkeys spat in it and he forgot to clean his eye out, so it had to be removed.

Lol imagine the Shinigami is Ryuma? Wano parallels Thriller Bark in some ways and who did he fight in TV? Ryuma's body. Now he's in his homeland, it's the day when people send off messages to their dead and Zoro is on the verge of his own "death", wouldn't be surprised if this is Ryuma's ghost, body & soul type of thing.

Hell of a theory. But knowing Oda Zoro most likely lost his eye because one of the monkeys spat in it and he forgot to clean his eye out, so it had to be removed.

Lol imagine the Shinigami is Ryuma? Wano parallels Thriller Bark in some ways and who did he fight in TV? Ryuma's body. Now he's in his homeland, it's the day when people send off messages to their dead and Zoro is on the verge of his own "death", wouldn't be surprised if this is Ryuma's ghost, body & soul type of thing.
Damn! The Grim Reaper being Ryuma is a twist I did not see coming! :christindeed:

That premise kinda reminds me of The Phantom Carriage (1921), the classic Swedish silent horror film, where a sinful person who died last of every year will lead to the said person being made to take the role of the coachman of the Phantom Carriage and act as a the Grim Reaper, doomed to wander and reap souls until replaced by someone else. Maybe something happened to Ryuma that made him take up a similar role? :quest:

And if what you said is true, maybe this will lead to a bargain between Zoro and the Reaper, after all? Where the main condition or one of the conditions is Zoro having to replace Ryuma as the Grim Reaper once he dies or if he fails to fulfill a certain condition? :hope:

Anyway, this is certainly an interesting possibility. Good call, mate! :datas:

Nah man, was Ryuma a bad guy tho?
The thing is, we did not know much about his past aside from his heroic tales. If One Piece ever teaches us anything are that there is always more than meets the eye and good & bad are not so easy to decide. Maybe this will also lead to a brief Ryuma flashback that gives us a clearer picture of his life? Or the working of the afterlife in One Piece?

An interesting trivia: Enma is said to be accompanied by a disease demon called Turdak, and Turdak assumes the form of a skeleton. Let's hope this becomes even more interesting. :myman:

Damn! The Grim Reaper being Ryuma is a twist I did not see coming! :christindeed:

That premise kinda reminds me of The Phantom Carriage (1921), the classic Swedish silent horror film, where a sinful person who died last of every year will lead to the said person being made to take the role of the coachman of the Phantom Carriage and act as a the Grim Reaper, doomed to wander and reap souls until replaced by someone else. Maybe something happened to Ryuma that made him take up a similar role? :quest:

And if what you said is true, maybe this will lead to a bargain between Zoro and the Reaper, after all? Where the main condition or one of the conditions is Zoro having to replace Ryuma as the Grim Reaper once he dies or if he fails to fulfill a certain condition? :hope:

Anyway, this is certainly an interesting possibility. Good call, mate! :datas:
The protector and saviour of Wano, Shimotsuki Ryuma's, drive was so strong it carries on even after death. This like you said with the 'Phantom Carriage' could be him passing on the protect Wano objective to Zoro. What's the best way of protecting Wano? Killing the thing threatening it :crazwhat:

I think ZKK chance of happening kinda high in my opinion. Because atm i dont think luffy can solo kaido and the only one who can help luffy is zoro itself. In the beginning we already see how strong the connection about Kaido>Oden>Enma>Zoro and there is more connection that connected to zoro.
Like Ryuma the dragon slayer>Shisuui>Zoro.
And many more hope this will happen.
But its up to the author how the end will be.

I just realized why they think we are a cult cause Wow Grandmaster sounds hella cult like.
Post automatically merged:

I asked my friends who dont really watch or read one piece if this sounds culty and now they think I'm in a cult, But I still believe

Last edited:
Shiva ('The Auspicious One' ) is one of the principal deities of Hinduism. Lord Shiva is said to be the deity of death and time. Shiva as we know him today shares many features with the vedic gods Indra and Rudra, and both Shiva and Rudra are viewed as the same personality in Hindu scriptures with fearsome powers of the roaring storm. Indra, "slayer of obstacles", is the king Heaven and the gods. He is associated with lightning, thunder, storms, rains, river flows and war. He was associated more than any other deity with Soma, a stimulant holy drug. Indra's weapon, which he used to kill the evil Vritra, is the Vajra or thunderbolt. Shiva bears on his head the crescent moon, may be due to the identification of the moon with Soma. Shiva typically carries a trident called Trishula. The trident is a weapon or a symbol in different Hindu texts, representing Shiva's three aspects of "creator, preserver and destroyer". He is not only the god of death, but also the god of renewal.
Just to add some more info on this :
in the older Hinduism, Shiva was known as only Rudra, and Indra was the King of heaven. While in later Hinduism, the kind and loving Rudra is known as Shiva, and Rudra is known as the dark personality of Shiva. Also, Indra in later Hinduism is no longer superior. He became a lesser God with Brahma, Visnu, and Shiva as his superior. Actually Visnu shares more similarity to Indra than Shiva to Indra.

Another note: there are some more symbolism of Shiva's Trident other than the representation of "his" three aspects of "creator, preserver and destroyer". I find this one is the weirdest one since Shiva is always known as the destroyer only while the creator is Brahma, and Visnu as the perserver.

Great work btw 🍻