Did Kanjuro Kill Big Mom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bombs are literally a plot device to KO Big Mom.
I think they work well. Its not like they came out of nowhere. They had a ton of set up and were a major plot thread in their own right. Really happy with how Oda intermingled these plot elements as opposed to following the trend of keeping things feeling very self contained.

The borderline non-conclusion of this fight and the obvious return of Big Mom in future arcs, paired up with the absolutely terrible handling of her as a character in Wano has me seriously questioning Oda's competency as a writer.

Like straight up, if you remove Big Mom from this arc, not only does nothing change, it probably becomes better.

Like don't get me wrong, if Law and Kidd had won with the attack at the end of last week it would have been very questionable/inconsistent, but in all honesty, I think the implications of what we're getting this week for the rest of the story is even worse.
Oda had two choices
  1. not bring big mom into wano, Kid and Law get their moment to shine against kaido
  2. Bring linlin to wano, but actually set her up as Kid and Law's opponent and give them the tools to defeat her
Oda somehow chose the worst option
  • bring linlin to wano, have her do nothing, have Kid and Law get a fake W against her without set up

I

Indigo

The bombs are literally a plot device to KO Big Mom.
Oda created that entire subplot of the bombs + the fire demon by Kanjuro to keep Yamato running around for 4 months / 12 chapters, and then in the end it was just setup to give a "solution" for Big Mom

and it was a shit solution in the first place

also, weren't the bombs suposed to create this insane shockwave? that even when Onigashima was only "kinda close" to the Flower Capital, it would kill everybody? Now Onigashima is pretty close, even if Momo has stopped it and is pushing it back a little, i doubt the explosion on the panels are gonna be big enough to compare to the fake threat

once again, another use of fake tension by Oda

just like how last chapter, once again, Law said that was gonna be his last move / energy, and in this chapter he is stopping Big Mom again with something

Oda had two choices
  1. not bring big mom into wano, Kid and Law get their moment to shine against kaido
  2. Bring linlin to wano, but actually set her up as Kid and Law's opponent and give them the tools to defeat her
  • bring linlin to wano, have her do nothing, have Kid and Law get a fake W against her without set up
Yip it's something kidd and law fans aren't thinking about. If these bombs dont knock her out exactly what stops her from just flying straight to luffy and kaido? Kidd and law stopped her temporarily but nothing stops her from still being relevant by simply skipping past kid and law once she is healed again and going straight for luffy

Oda had two choices
Exactly.

Oda created that entire subplot of the bombs + the fire demon by Kanjuro to keep Yamato running around for 4 months / 12 chapters, and then in the end it was just setup to give a "solution" for Big Mom

and it was a shit solution in the first place

also, weren't the bombs suposed to create this insane shockwave? that even when Onigashima was only "kinda close" to the Flower Capital, it would kill everybody? Now Onigashima is pretty close, even if Momo has stopped it and is pushing it back a little, i doubt the explosion on the panels are gonna be big enough to compare to the fake threat

once again, another use of fake tension by Oda

just like how last chapter, once again, Law said that was gonna be his last move / energy, and in this chapter he is stopping Big Mom again with something
Onigashima is not close to the flower capital at all.

And there is a giant hole that Law made that will help contain the explosion.

Yeah she’s done. But if this counts as a victory than King fucking solo-ing the BMP is legit which is r*tarded.

And if you think there isn’t very obviously set up for her to return in some capacity later I don’t know what to tell you.
There is no setup. The era of the Yonko is over. Katakuri will lead the BMPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.