General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

One Piece isn't a slow starter of a manga. The first chapter does a great job of establishing direction for the series as well as gripping incentive to read and while most people say it doesn't get good until arlong park I think its already great by baratie without future context.

When you read series that get axed for example and compared the beginnings its not close. Usually those are easy to dismiss right away because they don't have a strong hook.

Last edited:
G

Gorosei Informer

Law should have got the finishing blow and even maybe kill ideally on Doflamingo.
Rereading part of his flashback makes it all the more bitter that Doffy survived, Law didn't get the final fight and blow on him and Doffy isn't even suffering and such.

I'm also really against the theory of Ushimaru and the two other samurai being the Numbers and I think Oda has also wasted the Nidai so far.

CP0 are really underwhelming so far and I'm disappointed that Oda has seemingly forgotten or more likely written the remaining CP9 out of the story, whilst for some odd reason promoting Kaku, Lucci, Hattori and especially Spandam to CP0 without explanation. I can accept it except Spandam regardless but I'd prefer him to explain how and why it happened but since its Oda I doubt he ever will.

I'm also frustrated with how Oda has still left Asura and Diable Jambe (now upgraded too) as an unexplained mystery in how they exist and work. Especially with the Lunarian tease for Sanji and could have explained Diable Jambe which was bait and CoC teasing for Zoro, which hasn't explained Asura still too.

I've hated Yamato's Oden obsession and even Oden himself but both have grown on me now. I think Momo gets a bit too much hate too. I used to really like Tama as a character until people pointed out she's a literal slavemaster and no better than what they are fighting too. I seriously dread her awakening if she gets one.

I think Whitebeard showed awakening at Marineford and used it via channeling his DF via his weapon and especially quaking the air maybe or and tilting Marineford and the ocean definitely. This also means Blackbeard can steal a DF if its awakened and use the awakening immediately?

Burgess should have died to Sabo and is annoying and pointless now. Oda wasted him hard. His only hope is a very powerful DF now or some kind of serious upgrade from Vegapunk or similar person somehow.

The Lunarian plotline has felt pointless and more carrot on stick/deliberate hyping and misdirection but I hope there is more to it in future.

I also believe Perona is from Wano too and has to be related to Toko somehow, Moria adopted Perona after she lost her parents its a similar situation to Kaido with Ulti and Page One for example.

I can't see Boa losing to Coby no matter what, despite how Oda disrespects women but she should be Devon's biggest target along with Hiyori if Devon is from Wano or is familiar with it, so I need to see Boa vs Devon happen but not if it means Boa will lose or even die.

I'm giving up hope for Smoothie for ever being relevant, especially also with how Oda handled Jack, her and especially Snack are doomed imo. Cracker wont be relevant again I guess too.

I feel Fujitora gets downplayed and underestimated way too much by some too. I'm losing hope for Green Bull to be relevant and important now too.

I still think Shiki will be involved in the canon present storyline of OP but not certain how, too many deliberate breadcumbs and also mysteries setup by Oda that could involve him to ignore. I really want Zephyr and Tesoro to be canon too. But fuck Bullet, I hate him.

Iirc Oda specifically said it wouldn't be something like that.
He definitely has:

http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/2014/07/27/oda-reveals-what-the-one-piece-isnt/

Oda: Yes, I already decided on how it’s going to end. Should I tell you now?

Sakura: …. Well, I want to know, but I probably shouldn’t. BUT, the One Piece, it’s not something like “the growth your heart went through”, right?

Oda: Hahaha, no no, I won’t be pulling off some kind of Wizard of Oz thing like that. After having gone through an adventure like that, it wouldn’t be fair to not actually give them a reward.

Franky vs Senor Pink was the best fight in Dressrosa both choreography and narrative wise.
Narrative driven fights >>> Well choreographed fights
From an emotional standpoint it was totally like that and even the most manly imo
Completely agree with these, these are some of the things Oda truly excels at.

One Piece isn't a slow starter of a manga. The first chapter does a great job of establishing direction for the series as well as gripping incentive to read and while most people say it doesn't get good until arlong park I think its already great by baratie without future context.

When you read series that get axed for example and compared the beginnings its not close. Usually those are easy to dismiss right away because they don't have a strong hook.
Definitely agree with this too, One Piece hooked me from the first episode. I was already deep into it when Baratie came along and then Mihawk and Sanji happened and shit got REAL! Arlong Park too...How can people not be impressed that early on!?

They also missing the point of One Piece, the spirit, the adventure, the charm and humour.

I was hooked on the potential direction of it with the 4Kids intro and Roger's speech of all things but Luffy's dream and character and his quirkiness, shenanigands and search for the OP as well as trying to be PK.

OP was amazing from the beginning.