Fanclub Eustass "Captain" Kid FC

This might sound dumb as hell but I think The reason I wanted to drop one piece was because I was sick of literally the entire fanbase bashing my favorite character
Same lol, tbh I was hoping after 2 decades of one piece, this chapter would be a turning point for Eustass Kid, but it wasn't. Instead this was quite possibly the worst outcome possible. I always thought Oda had grand plans for Eustass later on, but seems like it was all for nothing. It feels like a cruel joke tbh. And the sadder thing is, I don't think there is anything that can be done to salvage the character. I think this is the end for Eustass kid. Even if he goes to fight on kaido or someone else, what has been done today has butchered the character permanently. Ive been a diehard Eustass kidd fan since he was introduced, but as of today, I dont care anymore. All the build up for a ending like this, just leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. Idk what to say honestly. Doesnt feel real tbh.

Kid really should have been the stannis baratheon of one piece
Post automatically merged:

This might sound dumb as hell but I think The reason I wanted to drop one piece was because I was sick of literally the entire fanbase bashing my favorite character
Its like, whenever I read posts where people talk about Kid being Mid, I feel humiliated. Because for so long I was sure that there was going to be some payoff for the rivalry Oda created between Kid and Luffy.
  • Kid having a higher bounty pre-skip
  • Kid wanting to be pirate king
  • Kid wanting to go after shanks
  • Kid having a supernova in his crew
  • Kid having conqueror's haki
  • Kid and Luffy's interaction in Udon
What was this even for?

Last edited:
Kid really should have been the stannis baratheon of one piece

Its like, whenever I read posts where people talk about Kid being Mid, I feel humiliated. Because for so long I was sure that there was going to be some payoff for the rivalry Oda created between Kid and Luffy.
  • Kid having a higher bounty pre-skip
  • Kid wanting to be pirate king
  • Kid wanting to go after shanks
  • Kid having a supernova in his crew
  • Kid having conqueror's haki
  • Kid and Luffy's interaction in Udon
What was this even for?
It just doesnt make sense, feels like a bait and switch, oh well..it was nice having hope while it lasted

I agree with you guys I hope you understand that it no longer was a character issue but rather the author that didn't know how any better. We were all coming up with amazing ideas. I suggested a way in which these bombs could KO BM but involving kids magnetism with an upgraded version of assign. That would've been decent.

If it helps, most likely he will get another triumph moment down the road.

Take it easy lads, cheers

I think I'm going to stop trying to defend kid in the battledome

i've realized that at this point if you still want to bash Kid, no amount of feats or explanation can really do it for you. I was thinking about making a thread about his haki because everyone somehow believes that Kid has poor haki feats. irl haki is confirmed to be invisible and Oda doesn't highlight it every time; haki can be indirectly scaled via endurance. The fact that Kid can take linlin's strongest attacks means that his mastery of hardening is probably better than most of the characters in wano. He just doesn't have advanced ryuo or ACoC

but if I make that thread, half the comments would be anti-kid fans posting a laughing emote, so why even bother

Why people in here so mad? While the way they won against Big Mom was lowkey kind of lame, Kidd was still very damn impressive as a fighter lol. Y’all need to stop letting the fans who hate Kidd sway your opinion on the character. You need to realize that Kidd could’ve 1v1ed Big Mom and they would still find a way to downplay the character. Forget what they think.

Kidd just got done taking a healthy Yonko down in a 2v1, still has a role to play in the story with his connection to Shanks and goal of finding OP, and is one CoC coating power up away from being a legit yonko level fighter. Stop acting like this is the end of the world, Kidd didn’t die lmao.

Why people in here so mad? While the way they won against Big Mom was lowkey kind of lame, Kidd was still very damn impressive as a fighter lol. Y’all need to stop letting the fans who hate Kidd sway your opinion on the character. You need to realize that Kidd could’ve 1v1ed Big Mom and they would still find a way to downplay the character. Forget what they think.

Kidd just got done taking a healthy Yonko down in a 2v1, still has a role to play in the story with his connection to Shanks and goal of finding OP, and is one CoC coating power up away from being a legit yonko level fighter. Stop acting like this is the end of the world, Kidd didn’t die lmao.
Everything would be fine if the chapter would end after 1039. But Oda straight uo disrespected Kids trump card by Big Mom tanking it. There was literally no reason to expand the fight in 1040.
Not only that but Kid is a confirmed CoC user. Was it that hard for Oda to draw 1 panel of Big Mom and Kid CoC clash ? But Zoro awakens and masters his CoC in a span of minutes. This is just BS.
The only thing that Oda cares about is his Condomboy and the SHs a little bit.
I dont even have the motivation to continue One Piece...