Character Discussion One Piece fans that mocked Naruto for destiny bull shit look like clowns now

When it was revealed that Naruto was a reincarnation of Ashura, and everything he’d done had been pre-destined, people lost their fucking minds.

“What happened to themes of willpower and effort overcoming adversary?!!”

“The appeal of Naruto being a protagonist who overcame more powerful antagonists with creativity and effort is ruined!!”

Does any of this sound familiar?

It should, because what happened with Naruto’s character is literally happening to Luffy before our very eyes.

For an entire decade, One Piece fans have shit on Naruto for the MC becoming a tool of destiny.

This is a bruh moment of epic proportions.
:ihaha:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
But it was about a kid with a bizzare fruit overcoming overwhelming adversity through creativity. We have literally multiple indications of that being the case from Oda.

Well that’s a joke now.
It was mostly fans who preached that shit. Luffy has always been presented as a highly blessed kid. The Child of Prophecy thing is new but we were never told anything that isn't consistent with what's been happening now. But it's a different story for Naruto; Kishi contradicted what he preached so the criticism was well deserved.

One piece story is about Luffy goal is to become pirate king along with bunch of nakamas who has their own dreams....not the show about the talentless kid that has to prove himself that hardwork triumphs talent...fate, destiny, choices, will power are integral part of one piece since the beginning....guess people have blissful ignorance or started reading from wano....

PS: One piece began before Naruto...it is Naruto that turned into One piece not the other way around...

It was mostly fans who preached that shit. Luffy has always been presented as a highly blessed kid. The Child of Prophecy thing is new but we were never told anything that isn't consistent with what's been happening now. But it's a different story for Naruto; Kishi contradicted what he preached so the criticism was well deserved.
Sure. It was mostly just fans.
:ihaha:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Where does he say Luffy's not a blessed kid? He only said Luffy is weak and that he doesn't wanna make his protagonist too OP right of the bat which is true given how strong the people he's been fighting throughout his journey are. That doesn't imply Luffy can't be a Pirate Jesus.

Kagu Nyan

✨✨✨Hibernation mode on 🎵 ✨✨✨
This^

Feel bad for poor Neji. All that talk to write your fate yourself but look what happened in the end lmaoo

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Kubo wrote 1 great arc, and the rest is mediocre to shit. Cool characters and action though, Bleach will always have a special place in my heart, but I think Kubo earned every bit of the criticism. Bleach lacks substance, it's pretty shallow.
I agree with all of that but I feel like he didn't deserve the amount of criticism he's received. I mean he was bashed worse than Hiro at times lmao. He at least gave us some of the most memorable characters; I think he deserved better treatment for that at least.

Kubo wrote 1 great arc, and the rest is mediocre to shit. Cool characters and action though, Bleach will always have a special place in my heart, but I think Kubo earned every bit of the criticism. Bleach lacks substance, it's pretty shallow as a whole.
Completely disagree

Bleach is just as good as the other two of the HST, and it got by far the most hate out of the other two, which ironically has largely disappeared now that it's made a resurgence which goes to show how much of the hate was exaggerated and how quickly people switch bandwagons

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I agree with all of that but I feel like he didn't deserve the amount of criticism he's received. I mean he was bashed worse than Hiro at times lmao. He at least gave us some of the most memorable characters; I think he deserved better treatment for that at least.
Well yea what do you expect from online communities, I mean Oda isn't even 20% of that but you would think he murdered some of these peoples' mothers the way they talk about him.

I think people forget that these dudes are on a weekly schedule, have like no time to look things over, all of the greatest works of fiction go through countless changes and drafts before the final product. All of these masterpieces people talk about had that luxury. This weekly slavery SJ has going on will always lead to quality being deteriorated, it's a marvel Oda is still going as strong as he is this deep into it.

Togashi is a smart man, he said fuck all of that. I'm doing it my way, and thus his quality hasn't suffered yet, the only thing suffering are his fans for not having any content lmao.
Post automatically merged:

Completely disagree

Bleach is just as good as the other two of the HST, and it got by far the most hate out of the other two, which ironically has largely disappeared now that it's made a resurgence which goes to show how much of the hate was exaggerated and how quickly people switch bandwagons
Humans in general take things for granted, you don't know what you had till it's gone. It's really that simple. Most things/people are appreciated when they're gone.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Completely disagree

I wouldn't say it was as good as the other two. I am not denying Bleach received more hate than what was deserved but the main reason why it was treated as badly was that the other two were performing better back then. Bleach has its strong points but it was overall the worst out of HST.

I wouldn't say it was as good as the other two. I am not denying Bleach received more hate than what was deserved but the main reason why it was treated as badly was that the other two were performing better back then. Bleach has its strong points but it was overall the worst out of HST.
That's entirely subjective, I think Bleach is just as good as Naruto or One Piece and One Piece specifically as of late has definitely dropped from what it once was