Theory The stronger the DF, the harder it is to awaken and master awakening

In regards to awakening, the distribution of this power in relation to powerlevel is kinda odd.

the impel down zoans have awakening, but they are little more than fodder
Katakuri and doffy have awakening and they can use this awakening casually, but they are just high tiers
Kid and Law have just recently awakened and are bad at using their awakenings, and yet they are inbetweeners(better portrayal than most high tiers, but not fully top tier)
Then you have characters like Luffy and Big Mom who are full on top tiers, yet they have never awakened.

On the latter, both big mom and Luffy have had their DFs since childhood and both are incredibly creative in how they use their powers. So why have these two never awakened? Why is doffy better at using awakening than Kid and Law despite being weaker? Why are the impel down zoans glorified fodder with awakening?

I think there is a correlation between the strength of a DF and the difficulty of its awakening. Luffy is heavy hinted to have a legendary DF. Hence it makes sense that he hasn't awakened despite being yonko level. The gomu gomu no mi is so powerful that the user needs to be insanely powerful in order for the DF to awaken. This is why not only has Luffy not awakened, the gomu gomu no mi itself hasn't awakened in hundreds of years.

The gomu gomu no mi is basically Luffy's excalibur. An ability only Luffy can awaken because out of the hundreds of users the gomu gomu no mi has had over the years, Luffy is the only one worthy enough to awaken it.

In regards to awakening, the distribution of this power in relation to powerlevel is kinda odd.

Katakuri and doffy have awakening and they can use this awakening casually, but they are just high tiers
Kid and Law have just recently awakened and are bad at using their awakenings, and yet they are inbetweeners(better portrayal than most high tiers, but not fully top tier)
Then you have characters like Luffy and Big Mom who are full on top tiers, yet they have never awakened.

On the latter, both big mom and Luffy have had their DFs since childhood and both are incredibly creative in how they use their powers. So why have these two never awakened? Why is doffy better at using awakening than Kid and Law despite being weaker? Why are the impel down zoans glorified fodder with awakening?

I think there is a correlation between the strength of a DF and the difficulty of its awakening. Luffy is heavy hinted to have a legendary DF. Hence it makes sense that he hasn't awakened despite being yonko level. The gomu gomu no mi is so powerful that the user needs to be insanely powerful in order for the DF to awaken. This is why not only has Luffy not awakened, the gomu gomu no mi itself hasn't awakened in hundreds of years.

The gomu gomu no mi is basically Luffy's excalibur. An ability only Luffy can awaken because out of the hundreds of users the gomu gomu no mi has had over the years, Luffy is the only one worthy enough to awaken it.
:steef::steef::steef:

Omg please make it come true Oda!

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Trash theard

1) Doflamingo/Katakuri > Midd/Low
2) You have no prove Linlin isn't awakend
3) Zoan-types can be influenced by drugs - they diffrent than Paramecia or Logia
4) Doflamingo's DF is very powerful he literally destroy entire nation with his ability

G

Gorosei Informer

I've been thinking of the same thing as well. Also with Admiral like Kizaru, I don't think he has awakened it too .
Enies Lobby suggests he might have though imo. I still feel some other islands are also victims of awakened DFs especially Logias.

I agree with all but not with Big Moms Awakening. We still not know what is her natural DF abilities and awakened abilities.
Post automatically merged:

I think Akainu and Aokiji have awakened their fruits at their fight on punk hazard and cause this there is everything burned and freezed
They used their awakening skills there for sure but I‘m also pretty sure that this wasn‘t the first use of both either.

Kid and Law have just recently awakened and are bad at using their awakenings
Excuse me? They have stamina issues but most likely because their awakenings are real shit unlike Doffy's and Katakuri's useless ones.

If that theory had any chance of being true than Luffy's DF that every Oda/Luffytard pretend to be a weak one would have being awakened way earlier(unless if it's really the legendary DF) or at least other DFs like Moria, Crocodile(maybe it was?). Pretty much experienced DF users would have it awakened. The witch with Bon Clay's DF for example. The old man with Bartolomeu's DF.

Are there any concrete counterexamples to this theory? Fundamentally, this makes sense. What it probably comes down to is one's mastery of their unawakened fruit, though.