Future Events Sanji will fight Aokiji

I readed it.
Honestly? It's unlikely to happen, imo.

First, my opinion is that Lafitte will be Sanji opponent, there are many reasons that point at this conclusion:

- Chief of Staff, basically not the best fighter under but the best tactician. Lafitte has always been reliable, sneaky and unprerictable: a subtle menace. Sounds like the guy Sanji should take care of when you look at his peak moments (Mr. Prince/Justice Gate stuff).

- Introduced together with Shiryu, similarly to King and Queen. Another reason that rafforces the pattern.

- He flies. Leaving aside the King arguments, I'm pretty sure that Sanji will display an serial battle at some point. Who better than Lafitte as of now?

- This one is just personal to me but they kinda match, aesthetically speaking.

The real point that will probably interess you is that Sanji could play the very same payback/chivarlious role for Robin but against Lafitte. Seeing his curriculum (infiltrating Marie Joise, ipnotizing the guards of the Justice Gate ***agaaaain***, former sheriff) Lafitte is the man I can see the most hunting Robin, when the time comes, and that's when Sanji will kick in.
So I totally agree on Sanji protecting Robin in the future.

As for Kuzan, I don't think he'll be an open opponent to the SHs.
In the case he really is an opponent, then I have another theory for the matchups (even there Sanji is not paired with Aokiji).

But who knows :kayneshrug:

Robin vs Aokji? WTF
Shanks lost an arm and still a Yonko, why Kuzan isn't admiral level???
But how long did it take for Shanks to become a Yonkou after losing his arm? He had a lot more time to adapt himself to the disability.
And losing a leg is much worse than losing an arm.

Also, there clearly a big difference between Shanks and Aokiji, because Shanks is in fact a Yonkou, while Aokiji is not an admiral anymore. Aokiji leaving his position indirectly symbolised that he is not strong enough to be an admiral anymore.

So yeah, there's a lot of reason to think that Aokiji is not admiral level anymore.

And I'm not saying that Robin would beat Aokiji now. But she is not among the weak ones in the Straw Hats, and as a main character, it seems to make sense that she should be able to beat Aokiji by the end of the series.
She is also the one with the strongest connection with Aokiji, so if someone in the crew should fight Aokiji, then it should be Robin.

Y

YASER

Okay this will be controversial so I’ll try to be quick. People don’t read walls of text here.

Many people guess who Sanji’s opponent could be for the BB pirates. Some say Lafiette, some say Pizaro and others Vasco Shot. And I think the fact no singular member of the crew has resonated strongly with the fandom is telling. No one fits the bill. And while Aokiji isn’t perfect, I think he is better suited to be Sanji’s opponent.

Reason #1 — Sanji and Robin’s relationship

In Onigashima Oda decided to give us a touching moment of Sanji relying on Robin when he was in trouble. He absolutely trusted her and this meant a lot to both of them.

Sanji famously cannot condone a woman crying and will fight to make any woman happy — more ferociously the better he knows them — and Aokiji is heavily tied to Robin’s trauma and past. While he doesn’t bare all the blame, murdering Saul in front of her and leaving her with a thinly veiled threat to come after he is traumatic. I can see what Oda did in Onigashima coming back around with Sanji rescuing Robin from her past trauma via defeating Aokiji.

Reason #2 — Sanji’s usual match ups

Sanji will always fight someone who mirrors him in some way. Bonclay’s a very feminine man to mirror Sanji’s machismo attitude. Jabra was a ferocious scoundrel whereas Sanji’s royalty with ethics. Absolom reflects a Sanji without restraints. And famously Queen represents Sanji’s Germa hatred. So what does Aokiji represent for Sanji?

A compassionate man whose heart is frozen over with a sense of duty. Aokiji is relatively good though still very questionable morally. He was a dog of the world government through and through despite his reservations with how it operated. But at his core Aokiji is a good person with a weak spine. Sanji is a stubborn person unable to bend to another. Even Germa or a Yonko.

Reason #3 — Fight Itself / Powerlevels

Okay so famously Sanji does not do well against very fast characters. Just now it is. His biggest advantage has always been speed over his opponents. And you might assume that will be the case here, but it’s not. Aokiji has never been depicted as fast. Kizaru is the fast admiral. Akainu the sturdy admiral. Aokiji the admiral with hax. Aokiji was somewhat keeping up with Marco who is a little slower than Sanji normally let alone invisible speed.

Likewise, Sanji’s Ifrit Jambe is a perfect counter to Aokiji’s ice. Thematically it’s great, Sanji’s passion versus Aokiji’s callousness.

Now people may say Sanji is too weak to fight an admiral. And that’s fair. But Aokiji is crippled and there’s no reason why Sanji can’t receive another power up. Against the Blackbeard pirates, I cannot fathom that Oda wouldn’t give the monster trio power ups.

Besides, Sanji mid diffed Queen with Ifrit Jambe and Queen is only a little weaker than King. That means Current Sanji would high diff King. One of if not the strongest right hand we’ve seen in action. The only place left to go for Sanji is to a top tier. Fighting another Commander opponent will be too easy for Sanji.

So that’s my reasoning — I know some people say Law will fight Aokiji but that’s literally random. Aokiji isn’t getting handed off to a side character. Yamato if she joins fits with an ice theme but has no other reason to fight him besides that.

What do you think?
@Chrono @BillSlipton @Big D. Kaios @Sentinel @Tyki_Mikk @nik87 @Yasheen @YASER @HA001 @Gol D. Roger @RayanOO @Blackbeard @Erkan12 @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @sanjikun @Veku @Natalija @Bogard @Pantheos @rerere
nice

Truly allying with Blackbeard and Turning evil is not the same thing.

Aokiji May have just bet on Blackbeard because he’s the most likely one to give Aokiji what he wants, answers.

Aokiji likely was fed up with the world government ever since Ohara when he had to kill his friend and watch a massacre. I can imagine he may have had a desire to see what all that bloodshed was defending, and it’s possible he worked to become fleet admiral in order to learn of it from the top, however, after they backed someone he couldn’t stand he may just take things into his own hands and believes the answers are on Raftel.
I like your approach but BB is pure evil and a man like aokiji is a man of justice imo.
You may be right about aokiji seeking answers but i certainly don't see aokiji doing evil and if he is truly allied with BB he will have to do evil actions. See how law is helping people because of luffy lol .
For me aokiji will try to stop BB from doing something that will change the world and he will lose his life.

I like your approach but BB is pure evil and a man like aokiji is a man of justice imo.
You may be right about aokiji seeking answers but i certainly don't see aokiji doing evil and if he is truly allied with BB he will have to do evil actions. See how law is helping people because of luffy lol .
For me aokiji will try to stop BB from doing something that will change the world and he will lose his life.
I’m not quite sure if Aokiji will need to do evil to join BB. I doubt Blackbeard would refuse someone as powerful as Aokiji, and since Aokiji showed up in punk hazard, I’m sure Blackbeard gives his allies freedom to do as they wish as long as they help him become the pirate king.

I still think Aokiji needed someone to give him answers, Luffy was dead to the world and the favor to become the next pirate king is the man who holds the power to destroy the world so it makes sense why Aokiji would ally with him.

I see Aokiji being a true ally of Blackbeard who’ll be fought in the BB arc.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Guess who's the Chief of Staff of the BBP and is also introduced alongside Shiryu, who's guaranteed to fight Zoro, and has a flying Zoan?
He’s the navigator, a corrupt sheriff from west blue with a bird theme and is good at sneaking around.

Nami’s the navigator, a good natured cat burglar from East blue with a cat theme and good at sneaking around (her time in Wano was spent with a literal ninja).

Lafitte never made sense to me. He’s Nami’s opponent.

People don’t read walls of text here.
I do and i usually love them
:neesama:
i like the reasoning,also Sanji vs his Ultimate counter ( Ice ) would be Fun and that'd set sanji as legit top tier, if oda wants to make Monster trio Powerhouse he is good option to show Sanji as true powerful character ( even tho he is already one )
Another reason i want to add is: So based on what oda has said in SBS's and How they act greenbull and Fujitora most likely betray marines and wont fight strawhats, so zoro imo will fight kizaru as how kizaru always fights right hand mans, and akainu is obviously for luffy and maaaaybe sabo
Only Aokiji remains for sanji, maybe thats an way for oda to have all three fight "admirals"

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Okay this will be controversial so I’ll try to be quick. People don’t read walls of text here.

Many people guess who Sanji’s opponent could be for the BB pirates. Some say Lafiette, some say Pizaro and others Vasco Shot. And I think the fact no singular member of the crew has resonated strongly with the fandom is telling. No one fits the bill. And while Aokiji isn’t perfect, I think he is better suited to be Sanji’s opponent.

Reason #1 — Sanji and Robin’s relationship

In Onigashima Oda decided to give us a touching moment of Sanji relying on Robin when he was in trouble. He absolutely trusted her and this meant a lot to both of them.

Sanji famously cannot condone a woman crying and will fight to make any woman happy — more ferociously the better he knows them — and Aokiji is heavily tied to Robin’s trauma and past. While he doesn’t bare all the blame, murdering Saul in front of her and leaving her with a thinly veiled threat to come after he is traumatic. I can see what Oda did in Onigashima coming back around with Sanji rescuing Robin from her past trauma via defeating Aokiji.

Reason #2 — Sanji’s usual match ups

Sanji will always fight someone who mirrors him in some way. Bonclay’s a very feminine man to mirror Sanji’s machismo attitude. Jabra was a ferocious scoundrel whereas Sanji’s royalty with ethics. Absolom reflects a Sanji without restraints. And famously Queen represents Sanji’s Germa hatred. So what does Aokiji represent for Sanji?

A compassionate man whose heart is frozen over with a sense of duty. Aokiji is relatively good though still very questionable morally. He was a dog of the world government through and through despite his reservations with how it operated. But at his core Aokiji is a good person with a weak spine. Sanji is a stubborn person unable to bend to another. Even Germa or a Yonko.

Reason #3 — Fight Itself / Powerlevels

Okay so famously Sanji does not do well against very fast characters. Just now it is. His biggest advantage has always been speed over his opponents. And you might assume that will be the case here, but it’s not. Aokiji has never been depicted as fast. Kizaru is the fast admiral. Akainu the sturdy admiral. Aokiji the admiral with hax. Aokiji was somewhat keeping up with Marco who is a little slower than Sanji normally let alone invisible speed.

Likewise, Sanji’s Ifrit Jambe is a perfect counter to Aokiji’s ice. Thematically it’s great, Sanji’s passion versus Aokiji’s callousness.

Now people may say Sanji is too weak to fight an admiral. And that’s fair. But Aokiji is crippled and there’s no reason why Sanji can’t receive another power up. Against the Blackbeard pirates, I cannot fathom that Oda wouldn’t give the monster trio power ups.

Besides, Sanji mid diffed Queen with Ifrit Jambe and Queen is only a little weaker than King. That means Current Sanji would high diff King. One of if not the strongest right hand we’ve seen in action. The only place left to go for Sanji is to a top tier. Fighting another Commander opponent will be too easy for Sanji.

So that’s my reasoning — I know some people say Law will fight Aokiji but that’s literally random. Aokiji isn’t getting handed off to a side character. Yamato if she joins fits with an ice theme but has no other reason to fight him besides that.

What do you think?
@Chrono @BillSlipton @Big D. Kaios @Sentinel @Tyki_Mikk @nik87 @Yasheen @YASER @HA001 @Gol D. Roger @RayanOO @Blackbeard @Erkan12 @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @sanjikun @Veku @Natalija @Bogard @Pantheos @rerere
About the Robin ties.
It depends to me what Aokiji's role is inside BB's crew.
Is he just another agent from SWORD like Drake? If he is, would he truly go all out against the SH's if he thought they would be able to take BB down?
Why would he go after Robin right now? I get the thing about Robin's trauma, but I have a hard time thinking why Aokiji would just go "Chase Robin" mode. Not saying it can't happen. I just cant see it right now.

Kuroobi was one of arlong top executivos always on his side with chew and Hacchi, zoro's opponent. Mr2 had that bickering against mr1, zoro's opponent, Jabura had that bickering moment with Kaku when he and zoro dropped on his room. Again, zoro's matchup. Absalom was also one of Moria's most trusted executives. Queen was shown bickering with King constantly, Zoro's matchup again. Aside from Wadatsumi, Sanji usually fights one of the "main executives" and it becomes even more evident when it's someone that has some sorte of interaction or placing with Zoro's opponent.
Considering that zoro vs Shiryu is a given, I usually try to look for the characters that fit those criterias that I said.
Lafitte being Chief of Staff, shown alongside Shiryu when Burgess called them, would indicate that. But Pizarro and Devon were on the island when Maria invaded there, so it would count something for Pizarro. (Devon, lol no)
Aokiji, so far, doesnt have any of these interactions ASIDE from a brief comment from Burgess telling BB that he doest trust Kuzan, and BB telling him that Aokiji would be like Shiryu.
I can totally see any of these 3 being Sanji's opponent at this time, I just think Lafitte has a better chance as things are right now. We will have more material to especulate later on, but Lafitte is still my bet.
There's the mysterious 10th Captain, that we dont know yet if it is Aokiji (probably is) or not.

But I like the Sanji vs Aokiji fight idea. Sanji defeating someone whose introduction was completely destroying the M3 would definitely be epic as fuck.

Last edited:
Hahah i have hard time believing Tac is not trolling here. Thread sound genuine but never expected Tac to vote for Sanji vs Admiral.

Anyhow the matchup may or may not happen,, the Robin plot you tried justifying it with is amazing. I have been believer of Sanji vs Aokiji for long time,, specifically since none of other BB pirates fitted in for me and it was also wishful thinking.

In case it do happens,, i dont see fight ending up with definite conclusion that is Aokiji defeated. Sanji can maybe stall Aokiji or prove he can match/beat Aokiji but don't do it actually. The true reasons arround Aokiji joining BB aren't known to us,, but everyone assume he's not genuinely joined to BB cause. As such his defeat doesn't get mandatory for the story or plot to move on,, not at Sanji's hands atleast.​

Last edited:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
He’s the navigator, a corrupt sheriff from west blue with a bird theme and is good at sneaking around.

Nami’s the navigator, a good natured cat burglar from East blue with a cat theme and good at sneaking around (her time in Wano was spent with a literal ninja).

Out of all the BBPs, Shiryu and Laffitte were the only ones who were given separate introductions and they were also reintroduced together in the post TS, both of them portrayed above Burgess (who seems like the Jack of the crew, no disrespect lol). It just seems perfectly fit for a Laffitte vs Sanji and Shiryu vs Zoro fight imo. Let's see what Oda does though.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Out of all the BBPs, Shiryu and Laffitte were the only ones who were given separate introductions and they were also reintroduced together in the post TS, both of them portrayed above Burgess (who seems like the Jack of the crew, no disrespect lol). It just seems perfectly fit for a Laffitte vs Sanji and Shiryu vs Zoro fight imo. Let's see what Oda does though.
There’s about a million similarities between Nami and Lafiette alongside the fact this will likely be a mirror match between the crews. The BB pirates won’t follow the same set up as misc. antagonists like the Calamities

See and I have Nami fighting against Pizarro more than Lafitte.

There’s about a million similarities between Nami and Lafiette alongside the fact this will likely be a mirror match between the crews. The BB pirates won’t follow the same set up as misc. antagonists like the Calamities
Okay that is plain wrong.

Nami and Lafiette are nothing like except navigator job .
As @rerere mention before sanji and lafiette did secret spy mission style . Both held authority power over crew like leaderships.

Nami will fight woman pirate, fodders, or team up with ussop to fight blackbeard pirate mate .

sanji vs lafiette, vs burgress, vs shyrui - invisible battle make more sense than sanji vs kuzan

Now you are using robin plot , it actually make sense sanji to fight gorsei , cp0 , or IM.