Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Raiden Tameemon vs Shiva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddha vs Zerofuku/Hajin

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
N

NeutralWatcher

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie: Record of Ragnarok is a Japanese manga series written by FUKUI Takumi & UMEMURA Shinya and illustrated by AJI Chika.

Plot

The story begins when the gods call a convention to decide whether to let humanity live or die, and settle on destroying humanity. But a lone valkyrie puts forward a suggestion to let the gods and humanity fight one last battle, as a last hope for humanity's continued survival. 13 gods will fight against 13 human champions in one-on-one battles to decide whether humanity lives or dies.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NeutralWatcher

What do you think about the last chapter, have you read it? The Last Labour
The chapter is hype. Hercules is disappointing imo. He charges like a raging bull. No strategy whatsoever. He even lost an arm. Has to sacrifice his lifespan to defeat Jack. Jack seems overwhelming. Why do these Gods fight like human? Can't they control weather, magic summon beasts or something like that? Only their weapons make them way stronger than humans. But I think Volund also play important role. All tools in the arena is Jack's Volund and Jack also very agile, has quick reflex and an amazing tactician.

I also find it bullshit the author portrays Hercules as hero even though he is on God side and his win will cause humanity one step closer to destruction.

But I think from the pattern of the story so far, those who gained advantage at the start of the battle usually lost.

Lu Bu gained an upper hand against Thor but lost in the end.

Adam overwhelmed Zeus at the start but lost at the end.

Kojiro got overwhelmed by Poseidon but he won in the end.

If the same pattern happens again, I think Hercules will win.

N

NeutralWatcher

I think it has somethingt o do with Heracles being a demi-god and not an actual full god. He is fighting rather poorly, I must say, but he is a tank and can endure a lot.
I think that's also the reason. I think Jack also has the strongest Volund. Anything he touches turns into Volund but it is still bad potrayal on Hercules part that he lost an arm and had to sacrifice his lifespan to defeat Jack.

N

NeutralWatcher

I started it yesterday after reading the profile posts, and i have completed upto Zeus vs Adam fight. Have to say the fights are actually great in this Manga.
I think Red Hare loyalty is amazing to Lu Bu. Both Lu Bu and Thor have good backstory but I find Thor backstory to be more enjoyable. If you read Romance of Three Kingdoms Lu Bu and Three brothers were enemies(Liu Bei, Zhang Fei and Guan Yu) but in this manga Three Brothers cheer Lu Bu for the sake of humanity and put their rivalry aside. This will happen for every human who fight God.

Also every time human loses Brunhild will lose a sister which add more tragedy to this manga.

I think Thor should be able to summon Thunder. Poseidon should be able to control sea. But I think they will be too overpowered lol.

But nonetheless the battle is still good and entertaining.
I was so disappointed in Poseidon, because I thought he was gonna do some insane water abilities, but that never happened. What even was the reason for all the water surrounding them? Still, Poseidon is really powerful.

The chapter is hype. Hercules is disappointing imo. He charges like a raging bull. No strategy whatsoever. He even lost an arm. Has to sacrifice his lifespan to defeat Jack. Jack seems overwhelming. Why do these Gods fight like human? Can't they control weather, magic summon beasts or something like that? Only their weapons make them way stronger than humans. But I think Volund also play important role. All tools in the arena is Jack's Volund and Jack also very agile, has quick reflex and an amazing tactician.

I also find it bullshit the author portrays Hercules as hero even though he is on God side and his win will cause humanity one step closer to destruction.

But I think from the pattern of the story so far, those who gained advantage at the start of the battle usually lost.

Lu Bu gained an upper hand against Thor but lost in the end.

Adam overwhelmed Zeus at the start but lost at the end.

Kojiro got overwhelmed by Poseidon but he won in the end.

If the same pattern happens again, I think Hercules will win.
Oh, I hope Hercules loses.
There is a really more meaning behind his loss than any other combatant. You see, hercules was chosen by the Greek God, specifically just as a way to tell the human side "YOU FUCKED UP" because you defeated one of our Greek Gods "Poseidon". So, in my personal opinion, it's so much better in terms of writing to have their "Golden boy" Loses, and not just any loss, rather it will be one of the dirtiest wins. Because I'm counting on Jack giving a very dirty finish! To show how monsterous and cruel humanity can be!

That kind of win for human side, is NEEDED for the story in my opinion, which is a win done by a villain against a HERO from Gods. It has so much different feels than Sasaki Kojiro who was the underdog and a good guy facing an arrogant Poseidon.

So, I think that Jack will play on the fact that Hercules Labours has a time limit, and the moment he consumes every ounce of his energy, Hercules will die by his own powers.

Also, I have seen a very interesting comment about the idea that there could be a possibility for Jack's volund play part in Hercules defeat. Reason is, unlike all other Volunds before. Jack is the ONLY one who forced her to be his volund. While other joined voluntarily. So, basically Hercules by defeating Jack, he will KILL someone who had NO INTENTION of partnering with Jack against him. Basically killing an "innocent" life. And I believe Jack had him in checkmate the moment her forced that woman to be his volund from the get go. And from Hercules always saying stuff like "the moment I part with justice, is the moment I get the color of fear" which is the color Jack wants to dye him with.

So, for me, I see one of two endings!

1- EITHER, Jack wins by dirty method as hell, that makes humanity hate that type of win, and also make the Gods angrier and angrier! BUT it's a bitter end for Jack, because he will not get what he wants, which is to see the color of "fear" on Hercules. As Hercules will face death as a brave man

2- OR, Hercules will win, but he will be dyed with the color of "fear" because he will know in the process that he parted away from "justice" the moment he killed a soul that had no "intention" of being used as weapon in this fight! He will realize that for his pride, he was the cause of the death of innocent. Which will result in Hercules winning, but also Jack getting what he desires, which is seeing the color of fear on "Hercules" before he dies!

It's kinda twisted, but I feel it's one of those two ends. But I hope Jack wins, cause he's my favorite so far. So damn charismatic

There is a really more meaning behind his loss than any other combatant. You see, hercules was chosen by the Greek God, specifically just as a way to tell the human side "YOU FUCKED UP" because you defeated one of our Greek Gods "Poseidon". So, in my personal opinion, it's so much better in terms of writing to have their "Golden boy" Loses, and not just any loss, rather it will be one of the dirtiest wins. Because I'm counting on Jack giving a very dirty finish! To show how monsterous and cruel humanity can be!

That kind of win for human side, is NEEDED for the story in my opinion, which is a win done by a villain against a HERO from Gods. It has so much different feels than Sasaki Kojiro who was the underdog and a good guy facing an arrogant Poseidon.

So, I think that Jack will play on the fact that Hercules Labours has a time limit, and the moment he consumes every ounce of his energy, Hercules will die by his own powers.

Also, I have seen a very interesting comment about the idea that there could be a possibility for Jack's volund play part in Hercules defeat. Reason is, unlike all other Volunds before. Jack is the ONLY one who forced her to be his volund. While other joined voluntarily. So, basically Hercules by defeating Jack, he will KILL someone who had NO INTENTION of partnering with Jack against him. Basically killing an "innocent" life. And I believe Jack had him in checkmate the moment her forced that woman to be his volund from the get go. And from Hercules always saying stuff like "the moment I part with justice, is the moment I get the color of fear" which is the color Jack wants to dye him with.

1- EITHER, Jack wins by dirty method as hell, that makes humanity hate that type of win, and also make the Gods angrier and angrier! BUT it's a bitter end for Jack, because he will not get what he wants, which is to see the color of "fear" on Hercules. As Hercules will face death as a brave man

2- OR, Hercules will win, but he will be dyed with the color of "fear" because he will know in the process that he parted away from "justice" the moment he killed a soul that had no "intention" of being used as weapon in this fight! He will realize that for his pride, he was the cause of the death of innocent. Which will result in Hercules winning, but also Jack getting what he desires, which is seeing the color of fear on "Hercules" before he dies!

It's kinda twisted, but I feel it's one of those two ends. But I hope Jack wins, cause he's my favorite so far. So damn charismatic
I also hope Jack wins. Humanity needs it very badly and so far, Jack has always had the upper hand in his fight against heracles.

The idea that killing an innocent person will lead Heracles into despair is great, I would love to see Heracles' reaction when that happens. And honestly, he is kind of a hypocrite too.

N

NeutralWatcher

I was so disappointed in Poseidon, because I thought he was gonna do some insane water abilities, but that never happened. What even was the reason for all the water surrounding them? Still, Poseidon is really powerful.
Agree with sadisticsenpai Poseidon entrance is still one the best in the series imo especially when the water split.

I think author also nerfes some Gods. Poseidon almost defeated Kojiro using his fighting skill only and if Poseidon can control the sea Kojiro will lose 100% lol.

N

NeutralWatcher

I also hope Jack wins. Evil wins against good and moreover the evil is on humanity side will add more spice to this series.

That's an interesting idea. I like the idea that Hercules cannot kill Jack because he will kill innocent Brunhind sister too. I think this will lead to permanent trauma for Hercules.