How many more times will Luffy lose to Kaido?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They said it's to prevent the worst case scenario of Luffy's devil fruit awakening in the chapter.

It's just conjecture at this point, but the fact that the Gorosei are afraid of a Devil Fruit and it's awakening now after seemingly giving it free pass for a long time points to possibly Shanks telling them about the fruit that he stole from the WG and the rubber fruit possibly having ties to Nika/Joyboy/some part of history that the WG does not want people to know. Which would happen when the fruit awakens.
If this is true,, Luffy new bounty is going to surprise everyone.

Maybe Shanks had same intentions,, once Luffy was ready throw the WG at him.​

Luffy definitely ain't winning right now. He's gonna need another round, that's for sure. Everytime the climax of a Luffy fight draws in before he ultimately wins, all the other plotlines would be resolved and the arc's doomsday tension would be at it's dramatic peak, f.ex., the Birdcage in DR was really close, the SHs reached Cacao Island and it was Luffy's turn to keep up on his side of the promise in the Katakuri fight, the Buster Call had started in EL etc,.

Right now in Wano, there are tons of plotlines left to be resolved and the people of the Flower Capital don't even know that an Island is gonna fall on them.

It's gonna be atleast another 10 - 20 chapters before Kaidou is defeated by Luffy, probably after another powerup (DF Awakening if I have to guess).
unless there is a prolonged break from the fight ( where he is imprisoned,captured etc)
then he is still going to win "now" and "now " can still be 10 -20 chapters as these things do happen in the story synchronously.

those plotlines will simply be resolved in the meantime before we return to luffy fighting again
oden on the other hand didn't stand a chance at coming back after a blow like that
luffy will thats my point and oda is doing that for a very specific reason.

yes but at this point we don't know how one will awaken df right? . Oda making us see how one can awaken df through luffy and how one can turn blade into black blade through zoro .since these two are the main ones. Oda kept us in dark regarding this one.
But this will undermine Luffy’s win when it happens and ppl will claim that Luffy didn’t win with his own strength, when Luffy wins it wouldn’t be as rewarding cause obviously he would need help to get out of the current situation bolstering the notion that of it hadn’t been for these circumstances Luffy wouldn’t have won; therefore, he is not ready for the mantle of a great pirate just yet, he’s not an equal to them cause he requires massive help just to be on par with thema

oda is clearly doing it to parallel the kaido oden fight
but instead to still have luffy win
in essence
its surpassing a predecessor
He is but the problem is Katakuri already did it better.
With Oden's fight too Kaido was a coward...as he made the plans to appear stronger when he wasn't etc...even after defeating Oden like that...he could still have not imprisoned and executed him if he really wanted to honor like Katakuri. I still did not like that at one side he was cunning with Orochi and on the other side, he talks about honor with Oden.
If it was something like he regretted killing Oden the way he did...maybe he wanted to have a fair fight or something...it would make a good story. But doesn't seem like anything like that has been narrated as his main driving force...
With Luffy being down, I can only expect Kaido getting angry, Luffy waking up eventually, and finishing him off...
Or some other defeat for Kaido...unlike Oden's time where he still had stuff with him and an upper hand he has already lost everything here...so his winning won't do anything with that.
Or its time for ZKK I guess :kayneshrug:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
unless there is a prolonged break from the fight ( where he is imprisoned,captured etc)
then he is still going to win "now" and "now " can still be 10 -20 chapters as these things do happen in the story synchronously.

those plotlines will simply be resolved in the meantime before we return to luffy fighting again
oden on the other hand didn't stand a chance at coming back after a blow like that
luffy will thats my point and oda is doing that for a very specific reason.
Yeah I'm not talking about a prolonged break or the raid failing lol.

I simply argued that Luffy isn't getting back up for this round against Kaidou. He would need another round and another powerup to win by the time when all the other plotlines are resolved on Onigashima and the dramatic tension with the Island falling on the Flower Capital would reach it's absolute peak.

If this is true,, Luffy new bounty is going to surprise everyone.

Maybe Shanks had same intentions,, once Luffy was ready throw the WG at him.
Yeah, Shanks really doesn't look like a good guy now. Just to put things in order.

Shanks meets the Gorosei to talk about a pirate -> Gorosei going to Imu and asking for a light to be erased -> Gorosei realizing that a particular DF's name that they changed might just awaken -> Gorosei instructing CP0 to kill Luffy.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
I believe Luffys bounty will be higher than WB's after he beats Kaido tbh.
maybe if Luffy got credit for the defeat of both Kaido and Big Mom, but since Kidd and Law defeated BM, can't see it happening

Maybe it will be inbetween Kaido and Whitebeard's bounties?

Teach won't have a lower bounty than Luffy for long, raises the question exactly what will Teach do to get a higher bounty than Post Wano Luffy?

idc if he is fighting a yonko! making the fight longer doesn't mean it is better. i prefer quality over quantity! If he is fighting the strongest in the world than make it a team fight instead of this boring Luffy getting back up for the fourth time.
which is exactly what oda had luffy do till he could fight on equal terms and did so before the distraction tho...........
we are passed the point of said team fight .
who do you want him to team up with ?
the ones that just finished other high diff fights and are almost certainly in no position to do much?

Oda wanted to achieve many things with that, he wants to give us more about Kaido's personality too, he wanted that Luffy didn't lose all of his haki before he awakened since i assume awakening alone is not enough to defeat a haki user like Kaido, he wanted Luffy not lose in 1 vs 1 head on again. it is not perfect executed for sure but Luffy was always like that he get distracted, even lose to some fodders at time , on the bright side you can say even that Luffy has got better .
He could achieve awakening mid fight without losing and come out on top in a long battle. Let’s just be honest, Oda is not like he used to be he is old and sick now, he will not be able to perform as well as he used to

maybe if Luffy got credit for the defeat of both Kaido and Big Mom, but since Kidd and Law defeated BM, can't see it happening

Maybe it will be inbetween Kaido and Whitebeard's bounties?

Teach won't have a lower bounty than Luffy for long, raises the question exactly what will Teach do to get a higher bounty than Post Wano Luffy?
Get an ancient weapon and steal kaido's fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.