Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Denjiro was Oden's first fanboy. That kid adored this man.
When Oden got killed, Denjiro's world fell apart.
The transformation of his rage face can be seen as Oda's take at DID/multiple personality disorder.
Aye that makes a lot of sense. I remember the theories he would be Oden's Judas because he tricked someone with 30 pieces of silver, oh the IRONY LMFAO!

I never thought of it as DID/multiple personality disorder, thats very interesting. Another sort of Pudding and even Cavendish situation? Big Mom too even maybe?

I think this is no 'but' rather than a 'because'.
The scabbards are dead inside and turned into 'ghosts of war'.
They use what is left of their life force to achieve said goal and only then they allow themselves to rest.
In a way they are suicidal.

Ah yeah. Ghosts of War kinda sounds badass as ironic as that is. Makes me think of Ghosts of Tsushima even though I've not played it lol.

Also makes me think of these songs, it definitely fits for them imo:

They definitely do come across as death seekers or suicidal as you said, which makes an ironic parallel to Kaido too. This symbolism and thus theming of Oda making them ghosts of themselves, shells of their former selves is very profound and interesting tbh. Barely existing/alive, fighting to die gloriously/with honour or and avenge their fallen hero an leader and thus their country and loved ones, brothers in arms and such too.

Kinda ironic also with my name that I am not the one pointing this out instead hahaha, a "ghost" being educated on ghostly symbolism in a series!

:luffylaugh::nicagesmile:

Speaking of "ghosts" and war too, I'm also reminded of this song and video:

:neesama::crazwhat:

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Status
Not open for further replies.