Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Don't call N.ami pathetic :few:
But she is. An empty protest and crying helplessly for someone to save you isn't bravery, it's just pitiful.

See this post:
The only part I really liked about this chapter was Mr. Go's determination and resolve:

Just take a look at this expression:

Compare Mr. Go's determination to fight to the very end. To rather die than live in servitude and oppression to Mr. Go's empty resolve. She offered an empty protest at Mr. Go's death, but in the end she could do nothing but cry helplessly on the floor while Marco protected her:

Maybe Oda thinks that he's making Mr. Go look brave and determined. But making her so helpless and unable to do anything but cry for Mr. Go, he makes her pitiful.

I've said that one of the reasons I like Mr. Go is because she's a strong woman (in a setting that is very sorely lacking in it. Being strong is about more than just combat ability. Determination, resolve, the strength of one's moral fibre — they're all part of "strength".

The willingness to take a stand and fight for what you believe in. With every fibre of your being. Until your very last breath. That's a strength all of its own.

It's a strength that Mr. Go showed in this very chapter and Mr. Go did not. It's a strength that several One Piece men have (see Kidd and Mr. Go in this very chapter), but so very few women in One Piece ever exhibit.

I like characters with that kind of strength.

@Den_Den_Mushi.

Hope CP 0 man surivives, we get a tragic bacstory for him being a government stooge and he decides to leave them and become a Strawhat. If not, RIP to the nameless legend.

A decent enough Nami moment of her standing up to Kaido was nice. I don’t care about Kid or Law’s plotline or if they get back up.

Two good strong speeches from the oni family, Kaido’s victory one and Yamato’s refusal to accept defeat.

I like the drums of liberation. Got some real revolutionary take down the man vibe.

Now, for the meat of the ending.

I have no problems with Luffy being a chosen one. That’s been clear since chapter 100, I’d say.

I can live with Luffy’s fruit being special. Would prefer it wasn’t, but the very fact it was in Shanks possession does give a lot of credibility to the plotline. I don’t think it was always the plan from Chapter 1, but I can beleive it and it makes sense.

I do not like the Gomu Gomu not being the Gomu Gomu. I think it weakens a strong part of Luffy’s thematic identity- the rubber boy who always bounces back. I think it’s been a very important part of One Piece up until now. If the fruit was special, I could deal with it being so because it was Roger’s or Rocks’ or Joy Boy’s. It probably being Joy Boy‘s and an entirely different fruit, I think Oda needs to pull maybe the best explanation of his career for this one and I don’t think he can pull it off. Especially since Oda himself has that quote about how he gave Luff his fruit because it wasn’t too powerful or special.

It may still come about that whatever change to the fruit we get doesn’t actually make it overpowered or change the fundamentals of what it does. In that case, I’d ask what the point in changing its name is.

Luffy
Post automatically merged:

Bitch

Zoro

Zori

Usopp

Sanji

Kaido

TAC's a genius.

Anyway, chapter 10/10 because of Mr. Go, Mr. Go and Mr. Go. I liked how Mr. Go was just accepting his upcoming fate whilst Mr. Go demonstrated his wrath against the alliance and announced how this country will only be a weaponry factory while everyone will be slaves. And at last, Mr. Go finally comes back with a very big bomb!

Status
Not open for further replies.