Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy got incredibly ridiculous power up. I wonder how will Oda keep him in check (maybe time limits...), cause Luffy now seems unstoppable if he's being compared to Looney Tunes..:lusalty:
Oda always keep Luffy powers in check.....you should hhave known given the backlash he has all the time after G2, G3, G4....now hhe may lose backlash of G4 but now he will have it for G5....

Yamato, as I said earlier, admired Oden because she has a thing for being free, in the first place.
Actually she admired Oden because of his resolve and sacrifice for the people of Wano. She told Kaido she was Oden before she had even read his journal or knew anything about his adventures. Whilst his travels did also interest her, the core reason she wanted to be Oden is because of what he did for Wano.
You aren't necessarily free just because you get to make your own decisions.
If you get to make your own decisions, without hard coercion or obligation to choose, then you are free. A man could literally be sitting in a jail cell. If the cell was unlocked and he was allowed to leave whenever he wanted, then he'd still be a free man. Cell or not. Ironically, we had a similar situation with Luffy in Udon lol.
Yamato feels responsible for Wano because she thinks she's Oden—it's not her own decision.
Yamao genuinely loves Wano. She wanted to be a samurai ever since she was 8. She's just had no interaction with the actual people of Wano since she's been locked away on Onigashima for decades. Her thinking she's Oden is one of the reasons she feels indebted to Wano. But it's also the case that she legitimately cares for the country's wellbeing. And so it would be her free decision to stay and protect it if she wished.
There is a difference b/w what she wanted to be and what she's supposed to be. If you're just trying to say Yamato's character traits so far highly suggest she'll be Wano's guardian angel, then we're on the same boat.
I think not only do her traits suggest that, but she also partially wants. She's said she wants to sail, but she's also said she would die to protect Momo and longs to free Wano and its people.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Zoan awakening doesn’t consume stamina, it increases it
Post automatically merged:

It’s how Luffy recovered so fast
The more power you use, the more fuel you burn—It doesn't matter what type of fruit you have. Luffy isn't even your typical Zoan. While Zoans tend to have higher stamina than others, they mainly only get quick recovery out of awakening; they don't get unlimited stamina.

Oda always keep Luffy powers in check.....you should hhave known given the backlash he has all the time after G2, G3, G4....now hhe may lose backlash of G4 but now he will have it for G5....
He will suffer through constant amnesia, so he cant unlock it except against WSC, WSM, BB, Ancient Weapon, Imu. And the amnesia strikes the hardest while sparring against Carrot.

I like Luffy, but I will say Luffy being an overpowered ridiculous goof ball doesn’t make him a great character. I need more from this than just a power up, or a guy who can suddenly save everyone with a laugh (delusional), Oda.

I’m starting to think that a lot of people are using Oda’s long term story structure and expectations of future payoffs to justify bad writing in the present.

Like if this wasn’t One Piece, and there was wasn’t an expectation of future greatness, you would be seeing so many red flags.

I think I could write an essay on why this is the case.
Agreed. This to me is as glaring as something like Bleach or Naruto yet it is being praised because it had 1000 chapter build up. Then again the actual chapter is usually better than the summaries, but I think people just drink the one piece kool aid by now, too. Hard to look at it with a critical eye when it’s been around for decades and given so much life and fun.

I’m starting to think that a lot of people are using Oda’s long term story structure and expectations of future payoffs to justify bad writing in the present.

Like if this wasn’t One Piece, and there was wasn’t an expectation of future greatness, you would be seeing so many red flags.

I think I could write an essay on why this is the case.
Please do cant wait to debunk it

Luffy got incredibly ridiculous power up. I wonder how will Oda keep him in check (maybe time limits...), cause Luffy now seems unstoppable if he's being compared to Looney Tunes..:lusalty:
He will have a time limit yeah I think, seeing how Marco's healing ability consumes stamina, I think Luffy's broken powers will defnitely consume stamina and have a time limit too.

And when he hits time limit, Luffy will then revert backt o normal form and have to rely on his Haki.

Regardless of many ppl criticizing this chapter
I too don't actually buy the idea of this development ( but let's wait and see more to judge it)

But let me all ask you , Luffy is supposed to be one of the strongest if not strongest in the whole series when he reach his peek

We have ppl like Kaido, WB, Roger, BB etc who have top physical stats, broken and destructive DF, a supreme blade, etc.
To surpass all these monster what could Luffy have it, aside of just being a rubber boi and haki.

If you're in Oda shoes, what will be your ideas to make Luffy stronger than all these ppl.
I'm curious

It could be Oda's fault for introducing many broken and powerful foes such that he need to completely change Luffy to posses "most ridiculous power" to become the strongest.

I don't like this development, but at the same time what could we ask for??
Luffy having a broken abilities is best way to beat Kaido lol, otherwise it won't make sense
Resin?? What will that do to beat Kaido

And it isn't necessarily reality warping, but broken in it's way. Let's wait another chapters to see the full capabilities of the fruit
Use some strategy like when he fight foxy and crocodile?
Training more?
Be more careful?

One Piece is not One Punch man. Luffy is extremely special already. With too many gifts to Luffy, what's the point of story of a person trying to be something special (PK).

Status
Not open for further replies.