Questions & Mysteries So why didn’t the WG catch Luffy sooner?

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Well, they tried, they just couldn’t.

The first the Gorosei are aware of him is after Alabasta. Luffy gies shooting up to Skypiea after that.

Then Aokiji goes hunting him down. He says that’s he’s always paid attention to Luffy (probably because he’s Garp’s grandson) and he’s frightened of his potential. He could have captured Luffy if he wanted, but didn’t.

Then they strike the deal with Robin that she comes in exchange for the Strawhats freedom. Would they have been better just capturing them both, yes. Here’s where it’s important that Luffy is not the only person who has eaten the Gomu Gomu since Joy Boy. If there has been eight hundred years worth of ‘failed’ GG eaters, then it makes sense he’s not a huge priority and they chose to focus on Robin instead.

If there hasn’t been, horrible mistake.

EL finishes, again, Garp and Kuzan don’t do their jobs. Luffy escapes to Thriller Bark, Kuma, again, does not do his job.

Saobody, Kizaru does do his job, but Ray and Kuma get in the way.

ID and Marineford, they try to kill Luffy, doesn’t work. Vanishes for two years. Resurfaces again, in PH Smoker tries to hunt Luffy down but works with him instead. Also couldn’t actually capture Luffy if he wanted to.

Appears on Dressrosa, if Fujitora does his job he’s captured. Instead he… does not.

Then Zou and WCI, out of WG aim, and Wano, where the legendary Mr Go finally has the chance to intervene.

So this is not one of the areas where I’m overly bothered with the reveal. Luffy’s escaped mostly because of Admirals not being mindless slaves to the World Gov (do they even know about Nika) and powerful people protecting him when he was weaker. The only wrinkle is W7 where they chose to focus on Robin instead of him, that can only be explained by them

-not knowing Luffy had the fruit (possible, but makes them incompetent)
-knowing, but not caring because many others have eaten it over the years.

Oda really needs to go for the second option.

Well, they tried, they just couldn’t.

The first the Gorosei are aware of him is after Alabasta. Luffy gies shooting up to Skypiea after that.

Then Aokiji goes hunting him down. He says that’s he’s always paid attention to Luffy (probably because he’s Garp’s grandson) and he’s frightened of his potential. He could have captured Luffy if he wanted, but didn’t.

Then they strike the deal with Robin that she comes in exchange for the Strawhats freedom. Would they have been better just capturing them both, yes. Here’s where it’s important that Luffy is not the only person who has eaten the Gomu Gomu since Joy Boy. If there has been eight hundred years worth of ‘failed’ GG eaters, then it makes sense he’s not a huge priority and they chose to focus on Robin instead.

If there hasn’t been, horrible mistake.

EL finishes, again, Garp and Kuzan don’t do their jobs. Luffy escapes to Thriller Bark, Kuma, again, does not do his job.

Saobody, Kizaru does do his job, but Ray and Kuma get in the way.

ID and Marineford, they try to kill Luffy, doesn’t work. Vanishes for two years. Resurfaces again, in PH Smoker tries to hunt Luffy down but works with him instead. Also couldn’t actually capture Luffy if he wanted to.

Appears on Dressrosa, if Fujitora does his job he’s captured. Instead he… does not.

Then Zou and WCI, out of WG aim, and Wano, where the legendary Mr Go finally has the chance to intervene.

So this is not one of the areas where I’m overly bothered with the reveal. Luffy’s escaped mostly because of Admirals not being mindless slaves to the World Gov (do they even know about Nika) and powerful people protecting him when he was weaker. The only wrinkle is W7 where they chose to focus on Robin instead of him, that can only be explained by them

-not knowing Luffy had the fruit (possible, but makes them incompetent)
-knowing, but not caring because many others have eaten it over the years.

Oda really needs to go for the second option.
90% of the things you said are correct, but honestly as much as i love oda and One piece and this chapter, most of these were Marine Order to kill luffy not gorosei or WG, which is the problem. Tf where gorosei doing all these years? They have connection with shanks never did they ask him yo where is the fruit you stole from us its important to us.
anyways all these said, i think oda will fix it up, we just gotta wait.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
It’s clear Oda massively jumped the shark with this dumbass reveal. In a series that actually knew what it was doing, CP-0 would’ve been down Luffy’s throat from the moment he defeated Lucci and Luffy would’ve likely never made it to Marineford. I mean wtf was CP-0 even doing lol, begging Orochi to keep buying guns from them? How about you go capture the legendary mythical Zoan that is in the hands of a 17 year old weakling?

I think Oda doesn’t realize that the majority of teenagers that his manga was aimed at 25 years ago have grown into adults who are smart enough to see through his terrible writing choices.

But like I said in the past, the main is just aiming for retirement at this point. He legit does not care about this series anymore lol.

Same reason Akatsuki couldn't capture Naruto as baby, plot.
Naruto was under the protection of elite ninjas and konoha, plus it took some years to complete akatuski they werent powerful since day one.
Maybe Luffy was under shanks's protection too, and probablt garp too? Lets see
Post automatically merged:

But like I said in the past, the main is just aiming for retirement at this point.
Not really, i think he wants to write another manga with robots and stuff.

We went from loveable goofy guy with rubber power to the son of the most dangerous man in the world, the grandson the strongest marine, the brother of Pirate King's son, trained by the Pirate King's right hand, some reincarnation of a god with a mythical zooan devil fruit.

I don't know what else? Is he god himself? Oda keeps adding more and more shit as the series goes on.

Awakening the fruit is incredibly difficult and they thought it wasn't going to happen until Luffy showed himself to be a legit yonko level combatant fighting equally with Kaido.

Luffy humiliated them in Enies Lobby, Shabondy Archipelago, Impel Down, and Marineford.
Nika aside they should have tried to finish him multiple times anyway.

They are stretched thin because of the great piracy age, and SINCE POST TS NONE of the marines apart from Akainu could steamroll Luffy, and Akainu is busy doing other things, and not fast enough to deal with characters who want to flee.

Naruto was under the protection of elite ninjas and konoha, plus it took some years to complete akatuski they werent powerful since day one.
Maybe Luffy was under shanks's protection too, and probablt garp too? Lets see
Post automatically merged:

Not really, i think he wants to write another manga with robots and stuff.
Elite ninjas who couldn't counter obito or zetsu's powers even if they wanted to. They could've taken and hidden him some places until they needed him lol. Plot saved him.
Shanks couldn't shit, if they sent their full force of soldiers after luffy and Garp is the government's dog. Luffy is under his protection as Ace was and we all know how that went