My Hero Academia Chapter 349 : Battle Flame

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters

Kagu Nyan

✨✨✨Hibernation mode on 🎡 ✨✨✨
β€Ž
Nothing special about this chapter. Just start the fights already.

Looks like the second's power is going to be Deku's trump card.

Waiting for Todoroki to unlock some secret move to get advantage over Dabi.

I don't mind the talking, but there needs to be some more action too.

I'd much prefer it if Endeavor's sidekicks weren't there and it was a straight 1 on 1 between Shoto and Dabi. I'd like to have seen who inflicted that damage to Dabi and how. I know it was probably Shoto, but I'd like to have seen it and Dabi's reaction to it. I'd like to see Dabi's reaction to the fact that no "he hasn't surpassed the masterpiece". Bascially, these battles could be much better than they are. I'm hoping it turns around.

Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž
Second user quirk will be a huge deal and an overpowered quirk
I like how they built it up this chapter. I think it'd need to be something insane to take down this Shiggy!

Damn, that Mirko on the cover :steef:

I keep getting amazed by the art style of the manga, it's very good.

I think Dabi would beat Shoto and close to the end of their heated fight when Shoto is at death's door, he will persuade Dabi with his words. That'll be the end of the fight between brothers. I am curious to know Dabi's full story, it'll probably take a few chapters. But how long will the actual Heros VS Villains war last? I wonder. What will take to beat Shigaraki?

Break next week, that sucks.

I forgot to mention in the chapter review, Dabi's ripped mouth face gives me Tokyo Ghoul vibes, that scene reminds me of Hide's ripped face

Nice chapter but talk no jutsu is becoming a serious problem
Next chapter again talk no jutsu
Yeah, I don't think they're talk no jutsuing Dabi.

That man seems way too far gone at this rate.

The only one who seemed to have any potential to being talked down was Toga, and that seems unlikely now.
Post automatically merged:

I don't mind the talking, but there needs to be some more action too.

I'd much prefer it if Endeavor's sidekicks weren't there and it was a straight 1 on 1 between Shoto and Dabi. I'd like to have seen who inflicted that damage to Dabi and how. I know it was probably Shoto, but I'd like to have seen it and Dabi's reaction to it. I'd like to see Dabi's reaction to the fact that no "he hasn't surpassed the masterpiece". Bascially, these battles could be much better than they are. I'm hoping it turns around.
I'm hoping that Endeavours side kicks get done in helping Dabi to emphasize what an irredeemable asshole he is.

Dabi telling his story without Endeavor present seems wrong, but I just really have no investment in the Todoroki plotline if Endeavor isn't involved.

Just don't really feel any personal conflict with Shoto in all of this.
I feel like Shoto is the character who has the most investment to stop Dabi. Endeavour is too much out of Dabi's league, and him contending with someone like AFO is much more important than dealing with his backwards husk of a son.

Also, AFO vs Endeavour is a much much more interesting match up to me.

I feel like Shoto is the character who has the most investment to stop Dabi. Endeavour is too much out of Dabi's league, and him contending with someone like AFO is much more important than dealing with his backwards husk of a son.

Also, AFO vs Endeavour is a much much more interesting match up to me.
Story wise, Endeavor fighting the top bad guy does make sense considering he has the highest AP among the heroes with a great battle sense. I just like the narrative of him having to fight his son, there's a lot of emotion there that Shoto can't replicate. And fights between those with real personal connections (in shonens) always stand out to me.

It would also remind me of "shifu vs tai lung" from Kung Fu Panda (great fight) which had a similar situation.

Story wise, Endeavor fighting the top bad guy does make sense considering he has the highest AP among the heroes with a great battle sense. I just like the narrative of him having to fight his son, there's a lot of emotion there that Shoto can't replicate. And fights between those with real personal connections (in shonens) always stand out to me.
I think that Shoto and Dabi could have used more interactions with each other throughout the story, but at the same time, its always seemed pretty clear that even though Dabi wants revenge on Endeavour, he still views Shoto as nothing more than Endeavours tool, which is a perception of himself that he has needed to confront and overcome throughout the story. In this sense, Dabi is just a much better foil for Shoto than he is for Endeavour.

I think AFO is a better foil for Endeavour due to his relation to All Might. Endeavour, at the end of this story, needs to defeat the adversary that it took every last ounce of All Might's strength to overcome, and was All Might's final action as the number 1 hero. I think that is a really interesting sort of parrallel that has equally if not strong thematic depth for Endeavour, whose main struggle in the story has been coming to terms with being the number one hero and filling All Might's shoes. Its fitting that Endeavour has to literally do that now against AFO.