Who is a better character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How the fuck is there tension when luffy is literally undefeatable?

Luffy gets KO'd 3 times on the rooftop and he comes back with a new power up every single time
No shit sherlock. He's the main character.

Were you hoping Luffy would lose and everybody would die. Or were you really expecting someone else to take Kaido out besides the one who was destined to do so?

No shit sherlock. He's the main character.

Were you hoping Luffy would lose and everybody would die. Or were you really expecting someone else to take Kaido out besides the one who was destined to do so?
I was expecting that Kaido would be defeated in a logical manner, just like Oda promised.
What is logical about Luffy jumping leaps and bounts in the span of 30 chapters simply by getting KO'd?

Oda could have just had the roof 5 beat kaido, but I guess it is better to make Luffy a literal god than give shine to other characters

I was expecting that Kaido would be defeated in a logical manner, just like Oda promised.
What is logical about Luffy jumping leaps and bounts in the span of 30 chapters simply by getting KO'd?

Oda could have just had the roof 5 beat kaido, but I guess it is better to make Luffy a literal god than give shine to other characters
Because this was Luffy's fight from the start. It was never about Rooftop 5 vs Kaido. Last I checked every single one of those people got to fight 1v1 with the exception of Kidd and Law who fought Big Mom together. Luffy's fight with Kaido has hardly been a 1v1 anyways.

Luffy's growth out of every single person has had the most focus. Luffy didn't just jump tiers. He had already beaten a YC1 in the previous arcs. And yes haki bloom is a thing that requires constant struggle.

How the fuck is there tension when luffy is literally undefeatable?

Luffy gets KO'd 3 times on the rooftop and he comes back with a new power up every single time
Well thats due to his own durability as the result of Udon training then. Oda's neglected homework was to emphasize that through Kaidou's praising Luffy's dura, instead of leaving that unexplained. Doesnt mean Luffy is undefeatable though, Kaidou still defeated him multiple times even though the damage Luffy suffered was minimum.

Because this was Luffy's fight from the start. It was never about Rooftop 5 vs Kaido. Last I checked every single one of those people got to fight 1v1 with the exception of Kidd and Law who fought Big Mom together. Luffy's fight with Kaido has hardly been a 1v1 anyways.

Luffy's growth out of every single person has had the most focus. Luffy didn't just jump tiers. He had already beaten a YC1 in the previous arcs. And yes haki bloom is a thing that requires constant struggle.
I still feel like a few scabbards should have died and gifters/tama plot was stupid.
Post automatically merged:

a logical way to spell kaido's defeat is to coat acquire a non-zoan devil fruit and coat zoro's blade with the fruit's juices then have him stab kaido, who will explode in the process
Basically poisoning a devil fruit user.But you would waste a fruit in the process.Orochi could have sneaked a slice of df into kaido's breakfast,it would also work.

Luffy vs kaido was the worse fight in OP's entire 20+ years of serialization. It is such a bad fight that even novice writers with less than half the fame or recognition than Oda could write something better.

Luffy vs Kaido was so bad that there are deadass fanfics that are probably better than the canon.

Zoro is special because of his hard work, ryuma doesn't give Zoro a genetic modification nor does he have Ryumas devil fruit.

It might be Zoros destiny to surpass Ryuma but he will literally do it due to his hard work.

Sanji getting a genetic modification and daddy suits and more genetic modifications and is still a literal fodder compared to Zoro who is literally there due to hard work.

Even his supposed "power up" is a nerf and he had to bust his ass to get something out of it. Same thing in Sanjis hands and Sanji dies.
He destroyed the suit to prevent him from getting extra unlike Enma which game Zoro enma and allowed him to use ACoC

Sanji’s modifications didn’t give him anything he didn’t already have like immense super speed and strength. He could always use Ifrit but it’ll burn him.

Only thing he didn’t have was hardened skin amd regeneration

Status
Not open for further replies.