Who has the best fighting style l?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Why not let SH like Nami shine. Why it has to be trashburds. Their role should have ended after their fight with Kaidou.
Me and a friend have been saying the Scabbards replaced the SHs this arc and took their screentime/roles. We waited years IRL for them to reunite after being split up so much and now they are the side characters in this arc and the Scabbards are the MCs. Oda really wanted to do his own version of Seven Samurai or something.

I said to my friend the SHs should have replaced the Scabbards in the present, inherited their wills and played the roles of them, fighting for their cause and avenging them.

At least if nothing else, as you said, they should have stopped being relevant after fighting Kaido and failing to avenge Oden. Denjiro hasn't even done anything so far and been missing for about a year IRL!

I do kinda like the Scabbards but I hate that the SHs are being replaced by them and suffering in screentime for it. But given how Oda is writing Usopp and Nami, it's kind of a blessing too I guess.

Wano is a 7/10 to me

Without the Red Scabbards it could actually be a 9/10

Never seen characters so boring get so much screentime from the author

Arc could be 50 chapters shorter without them
Its a recurring problem in part 2.

On PH, we spend too much time with Kin'emon and Momo. Oda really tries to make us care about Brownbeard who terrorized innocent civilians protected by Whitebeard before the TS. In contrast, Smoker, Tashigi, and G-5 are really entertaining and get the least focus.

DR has loads of characters introduced that I can't remember and because of this we spent a whopping 102 chapters on that island. In contrast, the Crocodile saga covers 117 chapters and we get to visit Reverse Mountain, Whiskey Peak, Little Garden, Drum, and Alabasta against the Doflamingo saga with 148 with only PH and DR. It makes the NW look smaller in scale in comparison to Paradise.

WCI is more simple and straight forward but I really don't understand the inclusion of Pedro and Carrot who is essentially Chopper 2.0. Adding Robin would have made more sense and brought actual stake to the plot.

Chap 1042-1045 were so good like chap 100-1003 then like 1004(tama) we skipped to Raizo:seriously::seriously:
they were only good cause the Author realised he had to change the MCs fruit to make everyone keep their interest in the arc
Post automatically merged:

What about Kyros? I dunno if he's really a side character but he was a one legged badass, he was amazing tbh, but that could just be me
He was good as well. It’s not like he was being given this importance that the Scabbards are though.

That’s the difference between them and other side characters

G

Gorosei Informer

I made the mistake of being hyped up for Orochis elite ninjas somehow especially with that double spread I think it was of them confronting Robin like that I think it was and two of them being called fucking Raijin and Fuujin too!

Also same for his samurai squad especially Hotei and I was hoping Kyoshiro would remain a villain and Hiyori was much better as Komurasaki too imo honestly. Denjiro not training Hiyori to be a samurai is beyond logic/reason for me too, the daughter of his beloved and fallen idol/hero and such.

I know I keep harping on about it too but the situations with Nidai Kitetsu and Ame No Habakiri really bother me too, especially the lack of the latter compared to Enma's sheer importance and screentime and not being present vs Orochi at least.

they were only good cause the Author realised he had to change the MCs fruit to make everyone keep their interest in the arc
Post automatically merged:

He was good as well. It’s not like he was being given this importance that the Scabbards are though.

That’s the difference between them and other side characters
Tbh yeah, I wish the Scabbards were less...idk, just...I wish they were more unique, the only TRULY unique ones are Kinemon, Ashura (mf'r fought Jack like it was a chore), and I'd say Neko, but that's just me. Doesn't mean I hate any of the others but I wish they were given more to do aside from just yelling about killing Kaido and then never even do lasting damage to him

Status
Not open for further replies.