Not open for further replies.

Town: Eliminate all threats to town

[Slice and Dice] Target any player and steal their vote in the dayphase

(The Butcher) You have the following one shots
-Role Block a player for the phase
-Cut a players ability usage in half for a cycle
-Paralyze a player for a cycle
-Reuse one of your one shot abilities

[Into Shreds] Target a player about to be lynched and chop up their role. Select 3 of their abilities as one shots. Works once

(Chance at Redemption) Challenge any player to R/p/s, if you win gain a one shot ability. Works three times

[Suit of Armor] You are immune to role/vote blocks in the game. You cannot be paralyzed or have your abilities burned

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
@Ratchet ur talking mostly about protown indies. im talking about indies in general

protown indies r a different breed from neutral/hostile ones
I'm not really. It's any kind. I mean I'm mostly used to indie being neutral rather than skewed against factions heavily but that aside, I mean you hosted Arcane yourself. I wasn't leading town there and I wasn't a super role, and I spent half the game blocked and/or controlled. What do you think will happen as an indie entirely dependent on that not occurring?

@Ratchet ur talking mostly about protown indies. im talking about indies in general

protown indies r a different breed from neutral/hostile ones
nah just learn better thread presence when being non town indie is all

a lot of these issues you speak about can honestly be taken care of if you played vanilla games at the start of your career well this goes for everyone tbh most all of the top tier players started or play a handful of vanilla games cause if gives you all the skills to actually play mafia overall

Emil

Certified Memelord
I will agree to disagree on this in general, but this part I just don't think is right at all. Because it's not about thread play, it's about who you are too and what you can get away with.

Let's say I roll Survivor. I play like Town, but not accurate in my reads. What are the chances I make it to the end of the game? Probably slim. Mafia will usually shoot me thinking I'm a power role making myself look scummy, or town will say because I've been wrong too many times I must be scum power wolfing.

If I play scummy, but not quite scummy enough to be easy to case, I probably get shot later in the game due to power role fears or get lynched too. Same reasons.

I play super townie I get killed with two cycles. Maybe one. I play super scummy I'd get investigated and lynched.

It's not possible. I would have to just coast and barely play the game and skate by as an inactive. When the role essentially asks me to not play, it's not a good role. There is no element of skill there, if I win after that it's luck at best. More likely is I claim Survivor, Town gets rolled and scum happily accept my extra vote at the end of the game.
u will be provided tools to survive without claiming. thats how its balanced. survivors obviously fit certain people more than others. can u say u were never alive until the end? nope. u made it to end very often as both alignment. the best multiball example is on big 3 game. even genshin game u made it far tho u were a sub. hxh u did

ik its easier said than done but its possible to play neutral enough to not be vigged lynched or factional killed. and also if mafia decided to still waste resources on u despite u playing neutral then they more likely lose if the game was properly balanced.

the idea that u claim to get outta PoE doesnt sit well with me. that just makes the game harder for mafia for no reason. there shud be sort of nerf to u for claiming. losing abilities or vote power or a bounty on ur head. u r free to claim but u shudnt expect not to be punished for doing it.

we will just agree to disagree on it. to each is their own. there is no right or wrong to this concept. indie is a broad topic and each host handles them differently so irs refreshing to see them from game to game

Emil

Certified Memelord
I'm not really. It's any kind. I mean I'm mostly used to indie being neutral rather than skewed against factions heavily but that aside, I mean you hosted Arcane yourself. I wasn't leading town there and I wasn't a super role, and I spent half the game blocked and/or controlled. What do you think will happen as an indie entirely dependent on that not occurring?
u will be given tools to resist that as indie. although yea like i said sometimes mafia just decides they wanna ruin someones day. if u were indie and they wasted resources on u they simply lose the game ratchet. its not rly an argument. its one faction throwing their own win to ruin someones else game

Ratchet

u made it to end very often as both alignment. the best multiball example is on big 3 game. even genshin game u made it far tho u were a sub
How many times have you seen me alive at the end of the game as Town? I can only think of Big Three. And in Big Three, I was shot with a superkill night 1, and only survived because the other scum faction busdrove me out of complacency.

As Mafia, yes. As Town? Very often? Since Genshin, where I also died three cycles after subbing in, granted I died to a town misfire, I can't think of a single other game I've been alive when it ended as town. Genuine question.

Emil

Certified Memelord
How many times have you seen me alive at the end of the game as Town? I can only think of Big Three. And in Big Three, I was shot with a superkill night 1, and only survived because the other scum faction busdrove me out of complacency.

As Mafia, yes. As Town? Very often? Since Genshin, where I also died three cycles after subbing in, granted I died to a town misfire, I can't think of a single other game I've been alive when it ended as town. Genuine question.
more than most players i know

usually its inactives at the end

me u flower fuji etc all rarely make it to the end as town. it do be like that

Ratchet

more than most players i know

usually its inactives at the end

me u flower fuji etc all rarely make it to the end as town. it do be like that
One game is more than most? A game where I only survived due to sheer luck otherwise I would have been the first killed? Come on Ekko.

Also gonna say this but I am not a fan of entering a game and trying to change your win con. I'm aware my games have alot leeway of crazy things happening but their has to be a limit of what you can or can't do. Yes it doesn't go against the "rules" nor are you harming or screwing anyone over but I think it goes against the spirit of the game and the players you are playing with. Allowing it would just set a bad precedent because eventually people aren't going to try to play to win but look for ways to break the game, loophole or exit the game. I'm all for fun and memes but it has to be organic. The reason these games are fun is because the funny shit happens organic, it's not forced down your throat in game. Shit just happens.

Another thing concerning amps, I love ya, I love the enthusiasm in thinking up plans but please let the host do their jobs when it comes to what an amped ability can or can't do. It should not feel like the host has to fight to regain control of the game they are hosting
Thing is I get that. But if somebody else can just screw you over when you didn‘t even want to harm or screw anyone this is just not fair game. Hell, we were screwed by a forum bug. And when that happened I was already dead, too, so I couldn‘t even play for Town anymore or look for other ways.

Stuff like this just takes away the fun from playing.

Emil

Certified Memelord
One game is more than most? A game where I only survived due to sheer luck otherwise I would have been the first killed? Come on Ekko.
yea more than most of the active players. thats true. u do last until cycle 4 alot

have u ever seen us in lylo?

and thats as town not as indie. as indie u will try to survive more

u have to think of it this way. a reverse psychology into the scum team. if u lynch scum day 1 or appear too towny, i noticed mafia leaves u for a bit cuz they r afraid u r watched or protected. its true lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.