• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Lol Amaterasu was such a cool character in UMVC3

Loved watching their combo videos back in the day
Oh yes! I was naturally extremely happy to see her, Phoenix Wright, Frank West and the Resident Evil characters and such get added into it!

Honestly @Krusher1357 the beads are the most fun playstyle in Okami but Okami also rewards you the most with defeating enemies as quickly as possible and with less damage taken as possible. It also gives unique collectible rewards to trade for treasures and upgrades if you find the correct way to defeat an enemy in its "final moments", like slashing them with the sword brush technique when they are in their final breath mode or w/e. You can also genuinely pee on enemies and drop literal shit bombs to use or something if I remember right? LMAO!

But yeah regarding the beads, they are really fun to use, you kinda feel like Indiana Jones/Bayonetta/Catwoman/Ivy from Soul Calibur or whoever on steroids with them. Especially when you get the upgraded versions and better ones! On the Wii with how sensitive and finnicky the motion controls were, you could unfortunately overkill your enemies easily with them due to it too and screw yourself from getting more of those demon horn collectibles to trade too lol.

You also get to use swords and reflector shields (mirror shields) as weapons instead if you prefer, as well as elemental powers, summoning bombs, weather control, summoning trees, slowing down time, making flower vines to swing from, elemental bending and such!

I agree. What a shame, too, since it could have been a GOATed manga if not for Mashima's nakama punch and one shot tendencies.
How do you feel about Eden's zero? Providing you've read any of it?

For me I feel like it's got a lot more tension but Mashimas friendship fetish seems to have bled through and it might end up being just another fairy tail

G

Gorosei Informer

If only Okami were an anime and not a game:pepehands:
Why not both?

:willsmith::usosmug:

It benefitted immensely from being a game by far imo. I was just thinking the other day how its criminal that it never got an anime but hopefully it may do so in future!

Given how much pride it has for Japanese culture/mythology and the immense rise of weebs and thus their support of Japanese culture and such, it NEEDS to happen too! It would make such an INCREDIBLE anime! If League of Legends and Dota can get their own epic animated series FINALLY after YEARS, anythings possible imo! Still hoping Overwatch will get one too! Maybe even Team Fortress 2 but that may be a lost cause too sadly.

I'm so glad I experience Okami as a game rather than an anime but an anime would have still been great ofc! Much easier to get into, follow and not having to "play it" especially for the 60 hours and repeated boss fights lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.