Powers & Abilities What is Shin's Peak as a General?

Which Great General would Shin's Peak be at?

• Total voters
D

Dragomir

@Sanji D Goat's thread about Riboku's comparison of Shin to Duke Hyou in the recent chapter got me thinking, if we were to use a Great General as a measure Shin's peak, who would it be? Where does he cap off at? I'm talking about a whole package comparison of Shin's tactical side and his combat together. Also, do you guys see a scenario where Shin gains a bit of a strategical mind and utilizes some strategy, or is he gonna be purely an instinctual general?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
You talking just stats or accomplishments? Shin will outshine every General in terms of accomplishments.

But I do think he’ll surpass all of the Generals on this poll in terms of stats. Hara may give him 3 100s in the end, 100 strength, 100 instinct (replacing IQ for Shin) and 100 leadership. Shin has had development in all three of these areas and I could see Hara maxing him out in all three.

D

Dragomir

You talking just stats or accomplishments? Shin will outshine every General in terms of accomplishments.

But I do think he’ll surpass all of the Generals on this poll in terms of stats. Hara may give him 3 100s in the end, 100 strength, 100 instinct (replacing IQ for Shin) and 100 leadership. Shin has had development in all three of these areas and I could see Hara maxing him out in all three.
I meant in terms of how good of a general is he going to be in his prime. You think he might be the best ever?

This is the ideal battle for Hara to flush out his instincts. Hope Hara explores this more before it’s too late. We need to see Shin understand some aspects of tactics and strategy as well. Only when he shows these two aspects, he can be considered as truly great general. For now Shin is just a leader of the group and has inhuman strength. A great general has a lot more strengths than that.

I think he will become an instinctual beast by EoS. He may not know a lot of tactical maneuvers (as that’s the job of Ten- Hara will never let him learn even basic tactical strategies I think). One of the best in China through his accomplishments imo at EoS.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I meant in terms of how good of a general is he going to be in his prime. You think he might be the best ever?
Yeah that’s usually how this style of manga goes so I think Hara will give it to him.

Something interesting to note about the real life Rishin is that he was already a contender for the best General of his era.

IRL Sei considered Shin and Ousen to be his two best Generals (both greater than Mouten, Ouhon, Moubu), and Rishin contributed a lot to China’s Unification, he was present and contributed a lot to almost all of the major campaigns.

His irl achievements are overshadowed by Ousen, but I have even seen modern day historians speculate that record-keepers at the time were biased against Rishin because of his youth and bravery, and often downplayed his achievements while heavily focusing on his failure in the first half of the Chu Campaign, which even the infamously batshit Ei Sei did not punish Shin for.

But yeah IRL Rishin would’ve arguably been considered Qin’s strongest General of his era if Ousen didn’t exist, so it’s not like there’s no precedence to the idea that fictional Shin will be the strongest in the end (especially if Ousen is the last General Shin will fight).

Last edited:
Yeah that’s usually how this style of manga goes so I think Hara will give it to him.

Something interesting to note about the real life Rishin is that he was already a contender for the best General of his era.

IRL Sei considered Shin and Ousen to be his two best Generals (both greater than Mouten, Ouhon, Moubu), and Rishin contributed a lot to China’s Unification, he was present and contributed a lot to almost all of the major campaigns.

His irl achievements are overshadowed by Ousen, but I have even seen modern day historians speculate that record-keepers at the time we’re biased against Rishin because of his youth and bravery, and often downplayed his achievements while heavily focusing on his failure in the first half of the Chu Campaign, which even the infamously batshit Ei Sei did not punish Shin for.

But yeah IRL Rishin would’ve arguably been considered Qin’s strongest General if his era of Ousen didn’t exist, so it’s not like there’s no precedence to the idea that fictional Shin will be the strongest in the end (especially if Ousen is the last General Shin will fight).
Imagine what kind of monster will EoS Ousen be, especially if Hara will make him the last general opponent of Shin. Either way, I think that in the manga Hara will make him the number one of the 4 historically best generals of the Warring States.

While in real life, we know those 4 were the best but I think it's hard to say who was the absolute best amongst them, if there even was one.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Personally I think Shin will have the might of Ouki's Battle Prowess and the level of Duke Hyou's instincts.

Riboku said that Duke Hyou was the epytome of the instinctual type.

As such, I do not expect Shin to to surpass him but will be on his level.

He'll probably rival Ouki's might in combat and in an hypothetical match they would basically tie.

Best General ever? Hard to say but he'll definitely be one of the best ever.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I think Shin will be one of the very best but it won’t be crystal clear that he is the best ever

There will always be some room for arguments

But I think he will be stronger physically than Ouki, not by much but a shade better, as much instinct than Duke or really near and great leadership.

Shin Riboku or Gakuki or even Peak Ousen can be in the chat

So yeah my bet is Shin will be top 5 ever or even top 3 but don’t know for top 1

shin will be surpass the three but best general ? kinda hard because we still not see the "True" might of Chu
so far riboku n zhao really become thorn in qin conquest but they are just season 1 enemy we will be expecting bigger batter vs chu as the most biggest country that qin must attack
as long as tiger of chu exist and ousen kinda hard to decide the best general ever

Ive doubts if Shin can surpass Duke Hyou level of Instincts. Even if he hone his instincts to that level he'll never have same experience level as Duke Hyou since he has Karyo Ten to make strategies for his unit 95% of time even if that is changed to 70% it won't be enough.

I believe Shin is going to face heavy casualties, he might have to lose her there to grow become the Best Instinctual Great General ever.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
EOS Shin will definitely surpassed the likes of Riboku, Ouki, Renpa, Duke Hyou, etc. But I'm not sure about being the greatest general of all time. For your second question, I can't see Shin being Instinctual General equipped with strategies and tactical mindset like Keisha and Gyou'Un that requires them to go under academy training which is something that Shin lacked when he was younger. Even if Shin will study tactical warfare at some point, it will take a long time for him to memorize those skills, which is why Karyo Ten and his Instinct will be Shin's main weapons to make up for his lack of knowledge.

He will obviously surpass Ouki, Renpa and Riboku but I don't think if he will be on par with Hakuki or Gakuki. He will be the greatest general of his era and the most useful general for the unification I guess but that's all.