• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Yes, because Zoro has unwavering willpower, and can fight through the pain
True.
There was zero visual cues that the pain was hindering Zoros performance.
Far from the truth.
Puked blood at the end of chapter 1009 [1]
Was wheezing and coughing while he was slicing Prometheus. Notice the "Crik" SFX from his shoulder area [2]
Barely managed to stand after the attack while he was shaking like a COVID ward patient. Just like Kaidou was post the attack as well. [3]
That's what the protagonists of One Piece do. It's all about the willpower and ability to overcome. Zoro is not some exception to the rule where he is the only one who actually gets weaker the more he is injured, while everyone else finds the strength to go beyond their limits the more they sufger. That's makes him look terrible in comparison to everyone else.
Overcoming pain and overcoming a mortal injury are two different things, especially when it comes to physical fighters. You cannot possibly expect mortal injuries to have no effects on your performance, would a Zoro with 30 bones broken perform the same way as Zoro when he's at his 100%?

As I asked, why do you think Big Mom healed her bones before fighting Law and Kid? That should settle this pointless debate honestly.

Which is irrelevant since what Zoro meant there by "knocking someone out" was this

You know Japanese, look at the raws. Zoro used the exact same verbage as to what Momo used here:

Here's Zoro's words:

Tell me, did Momo want to knock down Kaidou for him killing his mother and father and ruining his nation?

Besides,
Scabbards knocked Kaidou down ---> Couldn't even reopen the old scar.
Ashura didn't knock Kaidou down ---> Gave Kaidou a new scar.

How can you possibly argue for Togen Totsuka > Ashura Dead Man's Game when one move gave Kaidou an entirely new perma wound while the other one didn't even open up the old one? Doesn't that prove that the "knocking down" criteria makes zero sense?
Yeah I looked at the raws. Go look up what "倒れる" means. Knocking down is a criteria. Sorry that your Zoro fanboyism doesn't match up with reality.

Oda > Official translator
He isn't just translating, he is literally showing you word for word.
Verify with other Japanese speakers.

So many times official translators have done bullshit translations and people have ran with them.
Post automatically merged:

ALWAYS

Definitely look like two guys who are tiers apart
Yeah, the guy with 3 swords should be able to low diff a weaponless person but since he is so trash he can't even get an advantage.

Embaressing

I don't think anyone's talking about Zoro after taking the mink medicine, it's about Zoro being severely weakened while he left the scar on Kaido
so why are we even having such a long discussion about this? is it just people undermining zoro that is upsetting the other users? Zoro sanji and luffy i have not undermined after this arc is done with because of cool powerups.

Status
Not open for further replies.