Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Key word Naruto.

It's widely known that you have a peculiar taste, to put it nicely.

Didn't really feel him at first. He was overshadowed by Itachi, and that could be the reason why I didn't notice him at the beginning, but he's good.
I always thought he was cool, but the Bee fight where he proved to be an intelligent combatant as well as powerful, then his self sacrifice? Floored me.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Same here. I don't get it. No investment in it. What gets me is the fact that Boruto will probably be stronger than Naruto. That was a turn off for me immediately.

Precisely. As @KiriNigiri said, I rarely, almost never get emotional over manga panels or anime scenes, but damn that Zabuza and haku got me.

That hype moment when Zabuza takes care of the people on the bridge with a kunai in his mouth was amazing.

Hit the nail on the head. I like the latter battles, it's just that they could have incorporated more hand to hand combat in it, there was a glimpse of it in the early stages of Naruto vs Pain, and then became who can dish out more chakra.

Hmm, I'd have to check, but I think it's likely that he already mastered it. Yeah, he dies after using it for sure.

Neji was promising, only to go out like that.
Agreed, plus both Naruto and Sasuke are extremely nerfed in the series. Their ultimate forms (6 Paths Karuma and Perfect Susanoo) got instantly defeated by the latest baddy and Naruto got captured. Boruto has this karma thing going on that, like you said, sets him up to surpass Naruto in power. It doesn't make much sense

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Characters that I loved in Naruto:
Gai
Gara
Jiraya
Kushina

Characters that I HATED:
Obito

The rest was in between. Actually Obito might be the only character in the 500ish manga that I read that was the sole reason for me dropping a series. I mean sure there were characters that I didn't like in every manga but never to the point that I literally didn't want to see any scenes involving them again.

Themes that I loved: Most of the series.
Themes that I hated: I still can't believe how contradictory the core message of the story became towards the conclusion.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I always thought he was cool, but the Bee fight where he proved to be an intelligent combatant as well as powerful, then his self sacrifice? Floored me.
Aye, he's got his moments, that's sure.

Agreed, plus both Naruto and Sasuke are extremely nerfed in the series. Their ultimate forms (6 Paths Karuma and Perfect Susanoo) got instantly defeated by the latest baddy and Naruto got captured. Boruto has this karma thing going on that, like you said, sets him up to surpass Naruto in power. It doesn't make much sense
Aye, read some of it. Decided to treat it like a non canon story. That might be the reason I might one day read it all. But the surpassing thing doesn't make sense. So much talk about the child of prophecy his strive to get stronger etc, just to be surpassed by a brat.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Naruto really said this shit
Fuck him and obito
:josad:
I disliked everything regarding Neji's death. Everything is forced to stop for it and most of the Alliance didn't even know who he was. And the reasons behind why he had to die were bogus. He couldn't even die on his own terms as a character. Just a plot device for Naruto and Hinata to get together.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Early start of P2 was good imo. Hidan and Kakuzu showed that Akatsuki shouldn't be taken lightly, Deidara and Sasori were an amazing duo to watch. I loved their interactions. I still remember being salty about Sasori's death.

I disliked everything regarding Neji's death. Everything is forced to stop for it and most of the Alliance didn't even know who he was. And the reasons behind why he had to die were bogus. He couldn't even die on his own terms as a character. Just a plot device for Naruto and Hinata to get together.
Precisely this. They turned him into a literal plot device. His death should have been much more meaningful.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Early start of P2 was good imo. Hidan and Kakuzu showed that Akatsuki shouldn't be taken lightly, Deidara and Sasori were an amazing duo to watch. I loved their interactions. I still remember being salty about Sasori's death.

Precisely this. They turned him into a literal plot device. His death should have been much more meaningful.
STRONGLY disagree on the bolded. Kakuzu was a clown and Hidan was weaker than Zabuza's part 1 feats. But overall, I honestly think Naruto has the longest span of good chapters in any manga I've read. Maybe from about chapter 144-ish to 450 is solid with only one or two low points and plenty of action, development, and reveals.
Didn't even click on the spoiler and already knew you were gonna talk about Danzo lmao.
Lmao. I appreciate him for being one of three characters to fuck everything up in the Naruto world. Literally, everything can be blamed on him, Mads or King Big Snake.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
STRONGLY disagree on the bolded. Kakuzu was a clown and Hidan was weaker than Zabuza's part 1 feats. But overall, I honestly think Naruto has the longest span of good chapters in any manga I've read. Maybe from about chapter 144-ish to 450 is solid with only one or two low points and plenty of action, development, and reveals.
I meant them killing Asuma. Before that the only significant death, per se, was Hiruzen's. And it came at the hands of Orochimaru.

I'd have to re-read it to give you an accurate estimate, but I think I'd agree with the above.
Lmao. I appreciate him for being one of three characters to fuck everything up in the Naruto world. Literally, everything can be blamed on him, Mads or King Big Snake.
Aye, I am not judging lmao.

W

wordyworm

I see ya liking my posts @wordyworm and I know you've got shit to say on the subject of Naruto. Don't keep silent lmao.
Called out!
Well, yeah, I have a Konoha decal on my car that hasn't been driven in a decade, lol. I got into Nardo in college, like 2003ish?
Favs are Kakasensei, Itachi, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Zabuza, Kisame, Gai, Konan (best girl imo), Gaara, and Bee.
Naruto came really close to being perfect in the Land of Waves arc. Kakashi and Zabuza is one of my fav fights of all time, both anime and manga. Their battles reveal so much about their characters and what being a ninja means to them!

Pein was amazing, Sasuke Recovery Arc amazing, 4th Ninja War has some hit and miss moments, but I love it, too.
Logic and in-universe lore kind of went out the window towards the end. Kishi just started making shit up and it shows. But Naruto is definitely my second favorite after OP, even though it kind of fell apart at the end.

Plus, I hate almost all of the ship matchups in Boruto except Shikamaru and Temari!

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Called out!
Well, yeah, I have a Konoha decal on my car that hasn't been driven in a decade, lol. I got into Nardo in college, like 2003ish?
Favs are Kakasensei, Itachi, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Zabuza, Kisame, Gai, Konan (best girl imo), Gaara, and Bee.
Naruto came really close to being perfect in the Land of Waves arc. Kakashi and Zabuza is one of my fav fights of all time, both anime and manga. Their battles reveal so much about their characters and what being a ninja means to them!

Pein was amazing, Sasuke Recovery Arc amazing, 4th Ninja War has some hit and miss moments, but I love it, too.
Logic and in-universe lore kind of went out the window towards the end. Kishi just started making shit up and it shows. But Naruto is definitely my second favorite after OP, even though it kind of fell apart at the end.

Plus, I hate almost all of the ship matchups in Boruto except Shikamaru and Temari!
I can't, can't, can't watch Boruto. Anything after the series proper (manga) ended, I couldn't watch. My love for the series doesn't extend that far.

Your list is fantastic btw. Maybe remove Konan but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.