As a Sanji fan, I can't blame him. When I was watching the episode, I was like "I don't care about Sanji right now, show me the rooftop fights."

If the anime wanted to show some filler during that episode they should have shown either Jinbe vs Who's Who or Franky vs Sasaki, the filler scenes with Sanji and Black Maria felt like a waste of time and they dragged it for too long.
They just added and extended some scenes too much, and the heart eyes expression was completely overused there just to extend the episode to the point it got annoying. Oda never goes that far, and even it happens, its like 1 time and it has an actual reason (like Nami looking hot with a new oufit)

Then you add the fact that they switched from the roof fight to that.. Sanji wasn't even suppose to appear. It's not interesting at all

That portion had nothing to do with manga, Oda treated this waaay more serious than Toei is trying to make it look like since the beginning.

But the scenes with Black Maria and the dialogues at the end were good and really fitting, i expect them to compensate until Robin appears, i mean, to treat that how Oda did in the manga

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
:milaugh: those are all irrelevant things, the showrunners should focus on a good damn script
agree as a long term Doctor Who fan. Last doctor who took me by the heart was 12th but the 13th didn't took me not because she was a bad actor or it was a woman but because script was... well... pretty bad. They were more focused to be woke than to make something good :kobeha: maybe fact that 12th is my most favorite one put a bigger shade on the 13th to overgrow but oh well, I hope this one will be good since from what I heard he is from Scotland and what all the Doctor Who fans know, doctors from Scotland are the best :watchout: