Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it actually makes sense why Kaido doesn’t have awakening btw if Oda wanted to explain it like that

Big Mom gave him fruit. His fruit didn’t actually choose him. The Will of his fruit isn’t compatible with his own will

Did Law and Kidd announced their awakening? I can’t remember. I know they talked about it but only cuz Law asked Kidd. Kidd probably wouldve never even mentioned it. I don’t remember how that dialogue went tho so I could be wrong.
Them mentioning it then saying "Kroom" and "Assign" was all you needed to know. Yes, that counts.

Just ask yourself: Luffy and Kaido both have Mythical Zoans. Luffy's awakening is a full transformation. Nothing temporary or used with one/several moves (like Law/Kid). So why isn't Kaido's the same thing? Luffy's last 2 opponents both had it. Why shouldn't the Yonko, someone far stronger, also have it and it be this clearly defined?

G

Gorosei Informer

yeah, and those dudes from Impel Down

i don't think it's that crazy to expect Kaido to say he is going into awakening

at least Oda has trained his readers to expect that, that's for sure
Also considering characters in One Piece and anime announce their attacks all the time and Japan loves exposition and such. Oda held off Kaido's awakening at least because of Luffy's true DF reveal and awakening I'm sure and we've yet to have a confirmed Yonko awakening which is gonna be even more epic and immense than Luffy's awakening imo, hence why it's being saved until now or so.

I still hold out some hope for BM returning and showing us her awakening. Maybe this defeat and being blown up will force her to awaken if she hasn't before or to use it at least if she awakened already ofc.

Similar to Ichigo's hollow side and Kurama in Naruto, I feel awakening is triggered as a last resort attempt to save the DF users life, the devil inside them from the DF wakes up and makes a desperate final ditch effort to save themselves. Especially if the devil inside has great compability with their user, similar to Kurama and Naruto especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.