Has Kaido been defeated!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
G5 Luffy did destroy Kaido. Luffy in G5 tanked EVERYTHING Kaido had to offer and was able to hurt Kaido more than ever before. Also G5 was quite literally shown to overpower Kaido in the new chapter.
No he didn't. Kaido injuries firm Luffy's attacks are about the same. G5 is just more annoying because it's harder for Kaido to hurt Luffy. But he still injury Luffy with his attacks.

Destroy is close to ACoC Zoro vs King where King couldn't do anything to Zoro.

Yeah, that's the point I think, @MarineHQ62 he has no own, grand ambition; he serves as a tool, always being under someone's orders.
Again the Lucci example shows that someone serving orders can be a main oponnent for Luffy. I think it's far too easy to make judgment about Akainu's great scheme whether he has something he wanna change or not remains to be soon.

I don't think he'll break up from the WG but it isn't impossible.

This fight was truly fucking atrocious. Seriously, this might the worst fight in One Piece. Just asspulls (both sides), dragged on, Oda being unclear on wtf he wanted to do.

To me once Kaido showed Future Sight, I knew Oda doesn't give a fuck anymore. 0 foreshadowing, literally just mentioned once, and he goes back to having terrible reaction time.
I thought chapter 1042 was clearly the best chapter for that fight but that's also because I'm a sucker for Snakeman and there actually being a bit off back and forth battling.

Nikuzi

āš“š’«š’¾š“‡š’¶š“‰š‘’ š’¬š“Šš‘’š‘’š“ƒ š’®š‘’š“ƒš’øš’½š‘œš“Šāš“
ā€Ž
Luffy attacks bare more than punches. He's using internal destruction haki that supports to destroy target into pieces from within.
Yes exactly, from within, how is that supposed to leave a scar? He draws blood from kaido's mouth constantly when he punches him, it's clearly doing damage and that's why he won. He can't leave a scar or cuts with his fists.

I only see Akainu as a grand villain if he loosens himself from the WG for his own agenda. Until then, he just represents the outer face of the WG and is told to stfu by the Gorosei. In terms of Hierarchy, it is:

Im -> Gorosei -> Kong -> Akainu

What is Akainu's influence on a grand scale?

Imu: Ruled and enslaved the world for 800 years

Kaido: Enslaved Wano for 20 years, with the country playing an important role in the context of the history, with the WG being unable to lay hand on it for centuries

Blackbeard: Wants to destroy the world and/or put it into chaos

Akainu: Being an admiral just 2 years ago, with his main duties being serving as a shield for the Tenryuubito and executing orders of the higher ups. Now being a fleet admiral and in command of all the marines, yet still having to answer to the higher ups and having his arms tied when it comes to the most important decisions. Being (one of the) final villains would be anti climatic unless Akainu really goes berserk vs. the WG.
THIS here is exactly the reason why Iā€™ve always thought that Akainu being the final villain is an absurd idea. The final villain needs to be someone with their own world class ambitions and be a ā€˜kingā€™ instead of a pawn because thatā€™s a big theme in this story.

Well we donā€™t know if those losses were during his tenure as a yonko. We know he hasnā€™t suffered a loss in over 20 years.

The fish fish part likely allows him to breathe underwater but being a devil fruit user hell still be stuck paralyzed and immobile.
Well still at that point we already saw that with jack, he was rescued i would assume the same would happen to kaido unless it was around the clock protection from someone super strong ...also yea i don't really have a basis for kaido to be able to move underwater etc just seems weird that the fish fish fruit wouldn't be able to or have a ability like that. Since its a mythical fruit i just find it hard to fathom nobody tried to throw him or hell his introduction told us his hobby is suicide so why didn't he just jump into water and die

so apparently luffy defeated kaido in 1049.
what would happen if he got up?
according to the latest flashback, if kaido got up (and i think heā€™ll get up) he would recognise luffy as joyboy. This means that heā€™ll probably wonā€™t attack any further.
Two things will thus happen:
- additional kaidoā€™s flashback about wano and joyboy lore
- kaido kills himself/fights for joyboy/decides to abandon wano on his own
I donā€™t think ZKK will happen, there havenā€™t been hints for about 2 years

according to the latest flashback, if kaido got up (and i think heā€™ll get up) he would recognise luffy as joyboy. This means that heā€™ll probably wonā€™t attack any further.
ZKK IT IS

The spoiler I want in the chapter and that will happen in chapter 1050.

Title: Destiny

- All mugiwaras gathered near Luffy along with Kid and Law.
- A samurai warns all of them that the marine is coming, Lucci and Kaku go down to the beach looking for it.
- Mugiwaras, kid and law form a plan to get out of Wano with the help of rarao and hygoro.
-Zoro wakes up after his visions, everyone is leaving but Zoro gets restless, and says that he needs to do something, and asks Franky to help him that soon they would be back, everyone agrees.
- ā€œFranky where do you want to go? We have to get out fast. Navy is already here.
- Zoro; take me to Kaido. Zoro comes to Kaido unconscious and says ā€œI saw you through my descendants, all the things you did to the people of Wano, my people are unforgivable!
- Zoro catches Emma using his haki, franky stops zoro what he's doing, zoro talks to franky just observes.
- Zoro; you will still live here but your soul will be taken to hell, zoro uses his soul cutting blow.
- Zoro done, ryuma's soul appears behind zoro and they leave.
This is so bad lol , thanks for the laugh though :suresure:
Wano wasn't the best arc but whenever I read people fanfic, damn it's better Oda wrote it the way he did

THIS here is exactly the reason why Iā€™ve always thought that Akainu being the final villain is an absurd idea. The final villain needs to be someone with their own world class ambitions and be a ā€˜kingā€™ instead of a pawn because thatā€™s a big theme in this story.
Akainu is not the final villain but Uh...no. Kizaru is a pawn, no Akainu.
Kizaru is the one who doesn't care much about anything and just follow orders without putting much thoughts into them.
Akainu is a character extremely driven by his sense of justice (as misguided as it is) as seen by his motto and his ruthless actions to enforce it. He was wearing a bloody marine cap as a child with the kanji for "Justice" in it and rose to the top of that organization. Having ambition is NOT antithesis to following orders, not when said character had a 10 days long fight to death against his peer to rise at the highest rank. A pawn would have shut up instead of having a heated argument with the five guys at the top about the shit they pulled in Dressrosa.
This is another reason why Luffy vs Akainu is interesting beside their personal beef is that it would be a clash between a guy that believes in Absolute justice (Totalitarian world where where law and order are above everything) against a guy that believes in total freedom (Chaotic world where everyone is free to live as h wants).

Last edited:
No hints for two years ...:okay::okay::okay::whitepress::whitepress::whitepress:

Status
Not open for further replies.