Has Kaido been defeated!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know this is going to be a spicy chapter when you get tagged by 6 different users since the raws dropped, but you haven’t commented on the thread even once lol. Alright so let’s see what Oda decided to shit out this week.

———

Okay so I just looked at the full spoilers.

1. This backstory is a piss poor justification for the inconsistencies in Kaido’s character. I already said back in 2020 that no backstory would redeem Kaido as a villain and this backstory doesn’t even come close. It looks like Oda’s ability to write a compelling character peaked at Doflamingo after all lol.

2. Kaido didn’t show awakening? That is a very bizzare choice from Oda. I would not be surprised if Kaido is not actually defeated here and actually revives himself via awakening for another finisher attack (as much as I want Wano to just Fucking end already).

3. This “defeat” (if it even is one) was even more lame than the Big Mom defeat lol. You would think after 4 years that Oda would’ve tried harder to really make this moment feel like the climax of the longest manga arc of all time, but I suppose we already knew that Oda is abysmal at actually satisfying the excitement he creates within readers.

I’ll wait to confirm whether or not Kaido is actually defeated here to give my final thoughts on Wano as an arc, but needless to say that for now, my verdict has not changed that this is by far the worst One Piece arc. If you would’ve told me back in 2017 that Wano would actually make me miss Punk Hazard, I would’ve slapped you with a white glove and challenged you to a duel, but here we are in the bad timeline lol.
It's not meant to redeem him but show why he became who he is

permanently scarring kaido*, which only oden has ever done. i mean, you can of course troll like a toddler and downplay that feat. if you want to look like a massive idiot that is. but well, you do you.
You mean the scar that Oda couldn't even bother to draw? Like where is it, all I see is the scar Oden gave him.

what do you mean worth it?

Seeing a massive panel of my favorite character Zoro cutting up a Dragon's head above Wano isn't worth it?

i don't care about the power scaling of it, or anything like that, i want that panel and moment

King's fire dragon wasn't nearly the same

The monsters panel is goated, i have that Wanted physical volume here in my house
So you just want to see Zoro cut the head off of a already defeated Kaido? Kaido isn’t above the flower capital anymore he’s in it.

I don’t think Zoro cutting a defeated Kaido adds anything to his character.

I think oda is intentionally keeping the citizens out of it
Basically because they've been through enough
(In odas eyes)
And the alliance has to carry the burden of the 20s years on they're own back
While the wano people get their wishes granted without any stress or trauma

They've had enough of that

It's definitely not compelling drama but a lot of this arc hasn't been and I think that's intentionally

You mean the scar that Oda couldn't even bother to draw? Like where is it, all I see is the scar Oden gave him.
oda also forgot to draw kaidos beard before, i guess kaido doesnt have a beard.

oda being an inconsistent shithead doesnt mean zoro didnt actually scar kaido lmfao.

imagine clutching at straws this desparately.

I think oda is intentionally keeping the citizens out of it
Basically because they've been through enough
(In odas eyes)
And the alliance has to carry the burden of the 20s years on they're own back
While the wano people get their wishes granted without any stress or trauma

They've had enough of that

It's definitely not compelling drama but a lot of this arc hasn't been and I think that's intentionally
a legit defeated kaido falling down for them to see would just be them getting their wishes while seeing it first-hand, and not trauma. lol

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
Sucks that everyone hates wano i think it's been pretty awesome. Only part i outright hated was when kinemon's bottom half was running around farting, that shit was retarded

Even though Luffy's balrang gun has AP. Its lacks the AoE to make it as Destructive as KKG. Theirs only a Kaido sized hole. No a giant sized hole.

Reminds me of Beef Burst....

Nay, this is the Chad Radagon from Elden Ring. He is very similar to Thor though.

And see this is another reason to believe Kaido isn’t defeated yet. An entire nation of people collectively jizzing themselves over Nika is such shameless Luffy wank that I doubt Oda will miss this opportunity.
I’m sorry to say it but Rahdan is the bigger Chad , my guy looked to the stars and said I want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.