Questions & Mysteries Why is Kings bounty barely higher than Queens?

Because final bounties of long time tested and recorded pirates aren’t the same as up and coming pirates who are still in the process of increasing their bounties…
And who says that?

What you do is create another head canon, but you have no proof. Why don't I see anyone saying that Katakuri = Jack? Or that King > Marco?

A bounty can always be inflated or reduced due to certain circumstances. That is valid for each and every one of the bounty.

And precisely Queen, who is a sadist, has many ballots to have an inflated bounty.

And who says that?

What you do is create another head canon, but you have no proof. Why don't I see anyone saying that Katakuri = Jack? Or that King > Marco?

A bounty can always be inflated or reduced due to certain circumstances. That is valid for each and every one of the bounty.

And precisely Queen, who is a sadist, has many ballots to have an inflated bounty.
Yeah now you’re comparing different crews. One which is known for causing massive devastation like the beast pirates and another which rarely leaves Totto land.

Bounties in the same crew for minor characters are used to showcase and compare their strengths.

Has been like this since One Piece started and it’s been shown many times

Yeah now you’re comparing different crews. One which is known for causing massive devastation like the beast pirates and another which rarely leaves Totto land.
You are saying it yourself, you cannot compare King, someone honorable and who only fights when he should, with Queen and Jack who are sadists who have no respect for human life. It's obvious that the bounty on these two is inflated.

The double standards you have are very noticeable. Things are only worth when they are beneficial to your head canon, when they go against them then they are worthless.

The good arguments are worth to explain the good and the bad.

Bounties in the same crew for minor characters are used to showcase and compare their strengths.

Has been like this since One Piece started and it’s been shown many times
At most bounties can be used as a stopover in the same crew.

King is 1st, Queen is 2nd, Jack is 3rd and they are not entirely reliable. But they cannot be used to measure force, because we know that they measure dangerousness.

Tell me one characteristic of Queen that is on par or superior to King except her scientific knowledge. I'm telling you, in nothing, what's more, King is far superior in everything.

You are saying it yourself, you cannot compare King, someone honorable and who only fights when he should, with Queen and Jack who are sadists who have no respect for human life. It's obvious that the bounty on these two is inflated.

The double standards you have are very noticeable. Things are only worth when they are beneficial to your head canon, when they go against them then they are worthless.

The good arguments are worth to explain the good and the bad.

At most bounties can be used as a stopover in the same crew.

King is 1st, Queen is 2nd, Jack is 3rd and they are not entirely reliable. But they cannot be used to measure force, because we know that they measure dangerousness.

Tell me one characteristic of Queen that is on par or superior to King except her scientific knowledge. I'm telling you, in nothing, what's more, King is far superior in everything.
So King the Wildfire got his name for not causing collateral damage… the hell you on??

Queen has higher AP than King and can go invisible which King can’t deal with.

Cope all you want there’s a reason it’s:

King and queen are close and well above jack and a lot below Kaido.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Queen the Plague is an incredibly powerful pirate and it's repeatedly stated he's a powerhouse in the above 1B bounty level. This alone makes him peers with Charlotte Katakuri, King the Wildfire, Marco the Phoenix and Post-WCI Luffy. I don't think he's superior to any of them, but I think Queen the Plague is able to push all of them to high difficulty in a standard fight. (Luffy is questionable given his showings.)

So there's absolutely no shame with Queen's bounty being close to King the Wildfire's. However I do feel like plenty of this thread is misunderstanding bounties. It's not just individual strength but also danger level, as Aokiji stated.

And as far as pirates go, I don't think there's many that can surpass Queen the Plague in terms of threat relevancy to the World (Government). The Mummy Virus itself spreads incredibly fast through touch, causing regular fodder to collapse in moments after getting exposed to it, causing them to profusely bleed alongside having their bodies burn up in high temperatures.

Not only is it fast acting, even someone with a mythical zoan and known endurance freak Luffy was reduced to this state in the span of 6/7 pages—intervening when Babanuki tried to up the dosage by x200, saying the future was "pretty bad".

(Luffy under the effects of the Mummy Virus for 6 & 7 pages, possibly a minute in real time)

He looks a little worse than Luffy did after round 1 of Boundman in Dressrosa;

(Luffy in chapter #786 after fighting throughout Dressrosa and the 1st round of Boundman)

So in the span of possibly a minute, one of Queen the Plague's namesake biological attacks was able to nearly kill Luffy. If it wasn't for Chopper, he'd be dead. That is an example of Queen's danger level. You need to be either Law, Vegapunk, Chopper or possibly Judge/Caesar to effectively counter Queen.

The Ice Oni is an even greater example of this. Queen the Plague was screwed over by his own sadistic nature and the plot when utilizing it.
  • If Queen hadn't tossed the singular cure to Apoo, everyone on the Live floor would be dead.
  • If Marco didn't mitigate the affects of Ice Oni for a time period, everyone on the Live Floor would be dead.
  • If Chopper wasn't a genius and able to perfectly turn 1 antidote into a counter-virus, everyone on the Live Floor would be dead.

I'm not saying this as a cop-out to widen the gulf between King the Wildfire and Queen the Plague, I like both characters plenty and honestly don't mind the notion of them being equals. I don't believe it but if Oda came out and said it in an SBS I'd be pretty alright with it.

But to say that Queen's island ending plagues—because if he unleashed these in Dressrosa it'd be much much worse than the Birdcage ever could be—have no impact on his bounty would be pretty insulting to his moniker and how frightening they are.

tl;dr

Queen the Plague's bounty is as high as it is thanks to his own powerful abilities but a significant portion of it should be attributed to his namesake biological weapons. It's so associated with Queen it's what he brags about when confronting Zoro & Sanji and it'd be dishonest to pretend his plagues don't have major impacts on his bounty.

When you don't understand stuff
So why didn't I see in Dressrosa say that Zoro was almost twice as strong as Sanji since he had almost twice thebounty? I also didn't see anyone say that Usopp > Sanji because he had more bounty.

You accuse the Zorotard, but you should look at yourself in the mirror first.

It has long been known that rewards do not represent strength, but rather dangerousness. Knowing King and Queen, I think King is not bloodthirsty and his bounty if it represents his strength. And no, they don't take the Lunarian issue into account. Whether the government knows it or not, it doesn't matter, because they don't want to make it public. If not, everyone would know. What minimum would be 100 million extra.

On the other hand, Queen is a sadist, I think it's easy to assume that he has experimented with his biological weapons on civilians and that raises the bounty`s a lot as it happened with Kid.

Also, that you have to take this bullshit as an argument for parity between King and Queen just goes to show that they're not. King proved superior to Queen in everything and Queen was defeated in the most pathetic way of the entire manga.
Read the damn post you quoted

99% it is correct to showcase who's stronger in the crew
1% is the exception where Oda still write the stronger character have better stats or portrayal.

I would really love to have an historical of all the reasons why WG made those bounties exactly but I feel Goda sensei will never reveal the full details assuming he even thoroughly thought about them :moonwalk:

So King the Wildfire got his name for not causing collateral damage… the hell you on??
Show me King slaughtering populations indiscriminately. The comparison of sadism between Queen and Jack against King is indisputable.

You are being irrational and you know it.

Queen has higher AP than King and can go invisible which King can’t deal with.
Let me doubt Queen's AP.

Also, if Queen decides to hook up with a prostitute and show herself, King doesn't need to take on the invisibility. One more example of how pathetic it is.

But even if Queen were to use more brains and take King seriously, King could take a hit with his flame and counter Queen or he could cover the entire ground in flames and know where Queen is. Invisibility is not a problem.

King has shown more speed, more resistance, more strength, more versatility, better hand-to-hand combat, better mastery of Haki...

By the way, Queen barely used Haki, another sign of her incompetence. She didn't use her virus on Sanji either, more incompetence. He got to hit HIMSELF WITH HIS INVENTIONS, plus incompetence.

He is the most incompetent villain in history.

Cope all you want there’s a reason it’s:
Yes, that Kaido is the captain, King the second, Queen the third and Jack the fourth.

They do not serve to compare strength, for that are the facts of the manga that are much more realistic and easier to compare, where Queen is humiliated.

Because this is like a doriki metric, a way for Oda to tell us that King and Queen were big threats even bigger than Jack and that they were around the same level. Oda separated a special volume with King and Queen as the main antagonists and that the wings and stars of the show would defeat him and bring Luffy even closer to becoming PK

Yeah, you have to consider danger level when making bounties.

Thats why an amicable doctor like Marco, despite being stronger than the merciless, subordinate slashing King, has a slightly lower bounty than him, right?

When Oda wants a clear gap in strength :
Katakuri is the only one with 1B bounty in his crew, he has 125 M over Smoothie
This is proven by the fact he has CoC, Fs and awakening, undefeated record and legendary status

Smoothie on the other hand has 72 M over Cracker with the latter bounty not really reflecting his true identity and might.
Oda didn't give Smoothie anything special to make him stand clearly above Cracker.

Same thing with King and Queen here.
Not forgetting that King was with Kaido thr longest since the start if beast pirates so he already had a huge start over Queen when it comes to bounty yet somehow they both ended up with 1.3 B
With both lacking awakening, CoC or advanced haki

Bounties are ESTIMATES, not precise measurements. Queen bounty is near Kings because the World Government sees him as nearly as dangerous... because of strength, actions, and or whatever else who knows.

Double standards everywhere lol..
It's funny to actually read comments from sanji fans arguing about bounty, when i don't even remember for how many years they were arguing that bounty is irrelevant when it comes to strength lol...
The very same moment they are saying that kata who has way less bounty than king will beat him easily, so they counter their own argument that bounty equals strength.
We don't know what BP did and have those bounties, what we do know is that Queen who had the fight of his life against sanji, hyped king as impossible to beat. There is not a scene that King hypes Queen or a scene that kaido hypes Queen as much as King.
Another King hate thread, damn that guy did a number on some fans.
Somehow, while BP > BMP, only King is a failure in that comparison, the man chosen by the WSC as his RHM.
You guys are funny :suresure: