Spoiler One Piece Chapter 975 Spoilers Discussion

Who was MVP in this spoiler?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kidd is that stronger than DR / post TS Luffy, this makes me think
In 1 vs 1, DR Law is actually stronger than DR Luffy too

DR Luffy's only big gun is G4, while the others straightly got laughed by Doffy. But that version of G4 only lasted a bit and after that Luffy became sitting duck

With Law's endurance, intelligence, and versatility it's very possible to think DR Law can outlast 1 round of G4, mainly by teleporting around and confusing the dumb gorilla. After that, it's game over for Luffy as he is a sitting duck

Now comparing Luffy's ultimate move vs Law's ultimate move
KKG vs Gamma Knife
Well, Law can't survive KKG but Luffy also can't survive GK. But it's easier to land GK on the gorilla than to land KKG on intelligent Law (especially if Law uses it to sitting duck, post G4 Luffy).

DR Law >~ DR Luffy

If Kidd is that stronger than DR / post TS Luffy, this makes me think
In 1 vs 1, DR Law is actually stronger than DR Luffy too

DR Luffy's only big gun is G4, while the others straightly got laughed by Doffy. But that version of G4 only lasted a bit and after that Luffy became sitting duck

With Law's endurance, intelligence, and versatility it's very possible to think DR Law can outlast 1 round of G4, mainly by teleporting around and confusing the dumb gorilla. After that, it's game over for Luffy as he is a sitting duck

Now comparing Luffy's ultimate move vs Law's ultimate move
KKG vs Gamma Knife
Well, Law can't survive KKG but Luffy also can't survive GK. But it's easier to land GK on the gorilla than to land KKG on intelligent Law (especially if Law uses it to sitting duck, post G4 Luffy).

DR Law >~ DR Luffy
Stop the nonsense, Law got washed by non awakened Doflamingo while nerfed Luffy destroyed Awakened Doflamingo.

H

Haoshoku

Lifting rocks probably gives you a superficial boost at best. If Oda uses that as his basis to explain how Kid is close/rivaling current Luffy that’d make no sense but some of yall are acting like experience doesn’t result in said character growing stronger, which Kid has 2 years of. Yet we also know this:
I don’t see why people have a problem if he’s relative. He’s largely featless but with what little we knew of him overall, there was enough to say he was always ~ Luffy before all the advanced haki power ups.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Did I miss something? Since when did Kidd rapidly switch his attitude from not wanting anything to do with pirate alliances against Kaido, to suddenly joining forces with Luffy and law? I’m genuinely curious...

Up until this point, I was really loving Kidd’s role in the New World tbh. Kidd’s story has been, basically, what Luffy’s role in the New World should’ve been has Oda not turned him into pirate Jesus. Oda has Kidd go to the new world only to get completely bodied by his own arrogance, which in a better manga is what should’ve happened to Luffy.

I was really looking forward to seeing what changed Kidd’s mind and made him decide to take the fight to Kaido, overcoming his own failures and suffering and evolving into a new and stronger character.

But as far as I can tell, the only reason Kidd is even here is because he had some trouble setting sail to literally retreat from the battle?

So is Kidd’s entire character arc just “fuck it, might as well fight Kaido since I can’t give up” ??? I’m really hoping I actually missed something here, because if I didn’t, I think Oda for me will have officially butchered Wano as an arc, glossing over the literal main characters of the entire manga to give us a stupid flashback about side characters, effectively making the literal main characters of One Piece (straw hats, supernovas) the Wano plot equivalent to just giving the side characters (samurai) bigger weapons.

Please someone tell me I missed Kidd’s character arc and Oda didn’t just off-panel it.

does anyone seriously think there's a supernova stronger than Luffy? im sorry but that's just delusional:kayneshrug:Oda always makes sure Luffy stays ahead in feats, hype, and power.
I guess you haven't read people posting that zoro and Kidd are stronger. I even saw people saying that law and hawkins are stronger. Next they will say urouge is on par and bonney is close.
They are setting themselves up for disappointment for having too much expectations for side characters who for the most part are just fodders to luffy.
They are just here to witness luffy's greatness and cheer up for him.

Did I miss something? Since when did Kidd rapidly switch his attitude from not wanting anything to do with pirate alliances against Kaido, to suddenly joining forces with Luffy and law? I’m genuinely curious...

Up until this point, I was really loving Kidd’s role in the New World tbh. Kidd’s story has been, basically, what Luffy’s role in the New World should’ve been has Oda not turned him into pirate Jesus. I was really looking forward to seeing what changed Kidd’s mind and made him decide to take the fight to Kaido, overcoming his own failures and suffering and evolving into a new and stronger character.

But as far as I can tell, the only reason Kidd is even here is because he had some trouble setting sail to literally retreat from the battle?

So is Kidd’s entire character arc just “fuck it, might as well fight Kaido since I can’t give up” ??? I’m really hoping I actually missed something here, because if I didn’t, I think Oda for me will have officially butchered Wano as an arc, glossing over the literal main characters of the entire manga to give us a stupid flashback about side characters, effectively making the literal main characters of One Piece (straw hats, supernovas) the Wano plot equivalent to just giving the side characters (samurai) bigger weapons.

Please someone tell me I missed Kidd’s character arc and Oda didn’t just off-panel it.
What Kid experienced in the New World, Luffy alteady experienced that in paradise

Luffy's journey has been far far harder than Kid.

Luffy fought 2 Warlords, 2 CP9 Agents, Megallan which took years off his lifespan, Admirals, lost his brother Ace( equivalent of killer dying) all before the timeskip.

What Luffy experienced pre timeskip is what Kid is experiencing in the New World.

This is why Kid pre timeskip said Luffy had a headstart compared to the rest of the supernova's.

J

Jo_Ndule

Kid is not on Luffy's level nor will he fight Luffy as he would tet destroyed thuroughly.

Luffy has no rivals, unlike Roger, Luffy destroys his enemies completely.
Have you seen Kidd limits? Unlike Law
Kidd went through many extreme battles during the 2 years.

If he was YC level as rookie (over a year ago) then when he fought Kaido, he was High high tier already with Killer being Top vet/low high tier

Luffy clearly became above Kidd after beating Katakuri.

Currently : Luffy > kidd > Law
Pre fs luffy >= Kidd > Law
Rookie & during TS : Kidd > Law > Luffy

Stop the nonsense, Law got washed by non awakened Doflamingo while nerfed Luffy destroyed Awakened Doflamingo.
This is only a valid point if you ignore the contexts of both Law and Luffy's fights
1. Law was already severely injured and fatigued - he was putting up a better fight than Luffy (excluding G4)
2. When Luffy fought Doffy, Doffy had also almost just died AND Luffy still needed a huge amount of help to complete the fight

Status
Not open for further replies.