Speculations For Zoro Fans, how will Zoro vs Mihawk fit into the Narrative?

Mihawk coming along with Shanks is the lamest idea. Not impossible, but it's in no way a move he'd make for himself.

I don't really look forward to the fight anyway in the sense that I dread the concept of him fighting like "just as we practiced, Roronoa." I guess it's cool if Zoro wants revenge for his eye or something but they're friends. I wanna see Zoro fuck someone's day up, not say thanks.

Mihawk coming along with Shanks is the lamest idea. Not impossible, but it's in no way a move he'd make for himself.

I don't really look forward to the fight anyway in the sense that I dread the concept of him fighting like "just as we practiced, Roronoa." I guess it's cool if Zoro wants revenge for his eye or something but they're friends. I wanna see Zoro fuck someone's day up, not say thanks.
I kinda agree that the master and student thing made it a little less exciting but it’s still been built up for decades

It’s bound to be exciting

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Would you like it if shiryu killed mihawk and became WSS?

Shiryu vs Zoro is much better imo since Mihawk is zoros teacher and Shiryu carries a katana just like zoro
Shiryu is another Mr. 1/Kaku/King, no where does he have the same buildup as Mihawk with regards to Zoro's character. Oda is definitely not gonna have another character invalidate the 20 year promise between Zoro and Mihawk.

Zoro vs Mihawk round 1 was a proper 1v1 duel where Zoro placed his life on the line to fight for his dream. And Luffy spectated.
Zoro's endgame fight for the WSS title will not be a fight where he fights the #2 of the opposition as the #2 of the Strawhats, in service to Luffy. It will be another 1v1 duel with the entire Strawhats or maybe even the entire world spectating, as Zoro places his life on the line fighting for his dream. Only this time, Zoro would win and his name would reach the heavens.

Even after beating King, look at what Oda made Zoro think about, "From now on to the day I beat him to become the Greatest Swordsman...".

Shiryu or no other opposition #2 would take the title away from Mihawk, it is solely Zoro's job to do so.

It is vague for now.

Also will they have death match? Doubtful

Oda has to create a scenario where Mihawk is on the opposite side of zoro/SHs

Also zoro can simply perform a feat which marks him as a superior swordsman to mihawk
that is the problem that oda created by making mihawk zoros teacher because as far as mihawk is not bad he and zoro would never get into a real fight where they both have to go all out, or maybe zoro would reach the next level of black blade that would show that he is obviously superior to mihawk without having to fight or go all out

Shiryu is another Mr. 1/Kaku/King, no where does he have the same buildup as Mihawk with regards to Zoro's character. Oda is definitely not gonna have another character invalidate the 20 year promise between Zoro and Mihawk.

Zoro vs Mihawk round 1 was a proper 1v1 duel where Zoro placed his life on the line to fight for his dream. And Luffy spectated.
Zoro's endgame fight for the WSS title will not be a fight where he fights the #2 of the opposition as the #2 of the Strawhats, in service to Luffy. It will be another 1v1 duel with the entire Strawhats or maybe even the entire world spectating, as Zoro places his life on the line fighting for his dream. Only this time, Zoro would win and his name would reach the heavens.

Even after beating King, look at what Oda made Zoro think about, "From now on to the day I beat him to become the Greatest Swordsman...".

Shiryu or no other opposition #2 would take the title away from Mihawk, it is solely Zoro's job to do so.
I want it to be a death battle tho and i dont see zoro killing his sensei.
It doesnt have to be a death battle but it be cooler if it was.
I hope the whole world spectates Zoro v Mihawk, the hype will be unreal

The problem is where does this feat into the straw hats journey or would mihawk specifically look for zoro to fight him.

It is vague for now.

Also will they have death match? Doubtful

Oda has to create a scenario where Mihawk is on the opposite side of zoro/SHs

Also zoro can simply perform a feat which marks him as a superior swordsman to mihawk
This really is the only way this fight will take place. Either mihawk aligns with Shanks and straw hats fight shanks or mihawk realigns with the world government