Did Luffy Beat Kaido Fairly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kaido does get up, I think Luffy is going to kill him. The giant sword in onigashima is a huge chekov's gun. Since we saw it, fans have been speculating on who would use it.
Also, sorry to tell you this ZKKers, but Luffy doesn't have some sort of moral code against killing. He idolized shanks, who literally had someone get murdered in chapter 1.

You can call it cope, but I think the guy who fought Kaido for the past 50 chapters being the one to kill him holds far more emotional weight than the guy who scarred him once, fought king, and has been KO'd for the past 10 chapters.
Ngl this would be hilarious

There's literally NO POINT in having an act dedicated to a party and an act dedicated to a conclusion lmfao.
Like Oda is gonna draw more than 2 or 3 chapters of "big party".

Wano ends with Act 3.
You say there is no point in having an act dedicated to a party and an act dedicated to a conclusion.
Yet, in Jo-Ha-Kyu, there *are* acts dedicated to both of those things.
Whatever you feel is or isn't necessary is unimportant here.
At the end of the day, it's a preference from Oda.

He can have an act last 5-10 chapters.
He can have an act last 1 chapter.
He can also have an act be roughly 100 chapters.
It doesn't matter.

I already told people this. The battle was supposed to end around the time CP0 guy interfered. We already got a narrator box.

The whole point of Gear 5 was just Bajrang Gun to send Kaido to the center of the earth. Everything else was just a demo/showcase.

You can look at every arc and see how villains are proven wrong by the main characters in each arc.
Crocodile says that friendship is bad and then loses because Luffy and co are more determined to save the country and to protect Vivi's dreams. Nami willing to sacrifice her foot solely for Vivi. Ussop stating that he wouldn't let Baroque works laugh at Luffy's dreams. Zoro before cutting Mr.1 wonders if his friends are still okay instead of thinking about his ability to cut steel.

Lucci and Aokiji say that Luffy can't protect Robin from the dangers of the world only to be proven wrong when Luffy defeats Lucci and the Strawhats escape a buster call in Enies Lobby.

Luffy proves Moria wrong by defeating him and saying that Luffy won't lose because he's made of rubber and Zoro being strong enough to protect Luffy from Kuma.

Luffy proving Katakuri wrong by continuing to fight despite looking like a weakling which Katakuri hides by using his scarf. Katakuri then changes his mind on Luffy and respects him because of his ability to keep getting back up rather than not falling. His crewmates not admiring Luffy being weak but Luffy being able to bounce back. Not only that, but Luffy and co. being able to escape BM's territory which BM said Luffy wouldn't be able to do. You also have Sanji's kindness proving Judge's mentality wrong as Sanji's kindness helped Germa escape and Luffy seeing Sanji's kindness as his strength rather than a weakness

Kaido would be the only character who is not proven wrong in the story if it ended right now. The only thing that I feel oda probably proved wrong to Kaido was his belief that Luffy would betray Kinemon when the chances of winning were slim. Other than that, I feel like Kaido has so many ideologically unchallenged statements which have yet to be challenged. Specifically, Kaido's belief in that Might makes right mentality has yet to be unproven.

I could go on and mention Buggy's obssession with treasure vs Luffy's view of treasure and Wapol casually becoming a pirate and not taking it seriously vs Luffy who chose to protect Hiriluk's flag despite not knowing who it belonged to.

He really doesn't, every single one of his arguments can be explained by post-arc revelations
I think something can be said about the people of wano needing to witness kaido's defeat and the fact that 1049 was quite underwhelming.
But I think the issue with Morj's theory as well as ZKK and any other convoluted wano endings is that all the buildup indicates the fight is basically done.

If Oda needs to spend several chapters building up to kaido getting a second defeat, it undermines the past 10 chapters. Which is why I think LKK is the simplest solution if kaido does get up. Because it can be dealt with entirely in a single chapter. No build up needed. 1052, kaido erupts from the mountain, Luffy goes G5 and becomes a giant, the two have a final clash for all of wano to see, Luffy pulls out the onigashima sword, uses some attack with it, and in doing so decapitates kaido.

Also, it's quite clear that those holes were insurance policy against Kaido/BM coming back.

Luffy already temporarily KOed Kaido with Kong Gatling, just like Kaido did with Ragnaraku.

You can look at every arc and see how villains are proven wrong by the main characters in each arc.
Crocodile says that friendship is bad and then loses because Luffy and co are more determined to save the country and to protect Vivi's dreams. Nami willing to sacrifice her foot solely for Vivi. Ussop stating that he wouldn't let Baroque works laugh at Luffy's dreams. Zoro before cutting Mr.1 wonders if his friends are still okay instead of thinking about his ability to cut steel.

Lucci and Aokiji say that Luffy can't protect Robin from the dangers of the world only to be proven wrong when Luffy defeats Lucci and the Strawhats escape a buster call in Enies Lobby.

Luffy proves Moria wrong by defeating him and saying that Luffy won't lose because he's made of rubber and Zoro being strong enough to protect Luffy from Kuma.

Luffy proving Katakuri wrong by continuing to fight despite looking like a weakling which Katakuri hides by using his scarf. Katakuri then changes his mind on Luffy and respects him because of his ability to keep getting back up rather than not falling. His crewmates not admiring Luffy being weak but Luffy being able to bounce back. Not only that, but Luffy and co. being able to escape BM's territory which BM said Luffy wouldn't be able to do. You also have Sanji's kindness proving Judge's mentality wrong as Sanji's kindness helped Germa escape and Luffy seeing Sanji's kindness as his strength rather than a weakness

Kaido would be the only character who is not proven wrong in the story if it ended right now. The only thing that I feel oda probably proved wrong to Kaido was his belief that Luffy would betray Kinemon when the chances of winning were slim. Other than that, I feel like Kaido has so many ideologically unchallenged statements which have yet to be challenged. Specifically, Kaido's belief in that Might makes right mentality has yet to be unproven.

I could go on and mention Buggy's obssession with treasure vs Luffy's view of treasure and Wapol casually becoming a pirate and not taking it seriously vs Luffy who chose to protect Hiriluk's flag despite not knowing who it belonged to.

Kaido an Meme are all about how tough their skin is. There's a possibility of continuation. There's now way Zunisha was brought all the way to Wano for nothing.

It's a good thing there's no break next week.

Also how many times have Kaido & Orochi called the samurai weaklings and we have nothing to show for it lol

Hello wano arc is ending . Do we know current location of Queen now?? Sanji kick so strong that he kick out queen from wano without any trace.
Sanji hype!!!
:stealthblack::stealthblack:
He will Travel 3 days and 3 nights and land in Kamabakka Kingdom. There he will fight Ivankov for the title of Queen.

Queen Ivankov will win, Queen gets demoted to Princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.