Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

I would say just give it a try! :) If you enjoy it, it will never feel like wasted time - even if you just write it for yourself.
If it gets an audience on top of that even better. :)
Aye thats good advice thank you. I've seen absolutely awful writing out there which their authors put out with unhesitant confidence somehow, so whats stopping me then? LMAO! Even if I'm as bad as them, at least I can try and worst case scenario, I'll get clout for the ironically wrong reasons hahahaha!

Seriously though that does make a lot of sense, its given me some profound food for thought there, thank you.

Zoro did too much this arc. Third most relevant character in wano. Attention got shifted to Yamato(a character that was created in onigashima) and Momo. That's why many are forgetting it.
I feel like many things (characters and plotlines) were invented or changed last minute in Wano as if Oda was still struggling with how to write the arc and just improvised most of it to the very end. Like he had no clear script outlining the main points of the arc from the beginning. Besides Yamato, I would point to the nika fruit reveal and ryou "vs" haki discussions, Kaidos backstory being splitted into so many instances, the many short backstories of the citizen, the many swords (luffys in the beginning, enma and its sister sword, the big one in onigashima ...), the many oden callbacks in different forms... It all feels so wobbly and not as straight forward as One Piece used to be.

A

AverageNamiEnjoyer

:zorothink:

@AverageNamiEnjoyer why is Nami the national treasure of so many places
Post automatically merged:

No I mean do you remember what chapter that’s from
Post automatically merged:

:zorothink:
Didn’t the people of Wano call her national treasure as well?

Gear 5 looks like Sulong Awakening as well
There was Namizo(u) connection that twinmilf pointed out .

Aye thats good advice thank you. I've seen absolutely awful writing out there which their authors put out with unhesitant confidence somehow, so whats stopping me then? LMAO! Even if I'm as bad as them, at least I can try and worst case scenario, I'll get clout for the ironically wrong reasons hahahaha!

Seriously though that does make a lot of sense, its given me some profound food for thought there, thank you.

That's the spirit! :) If you want to go even a bit further, I totally recommend these free lectures on yt. Cleared my last doubts and provides tons of on point advice for writing. Have fun and let us know if you need beta readers . ;D

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎

Here's one thing I'll say. No matter what you write, there will always be someone who will like it and there will always be something that comes along that will be worse. You have nothing to loose.

Luffy and Nami first meeting in front of Whale statue. Whale statue has same Laugh as Whale tree on Zou.
Neptune birthday is same as Nami. He can talk to whales.
:crazwhat::crazwhat:
Luffy and Nami first met by a whale statue in the East Blue

Luffy and Nami met Laboon at the start of the Grand Line

Luffy and Nami entered into the new word with a group of Whales singing Binks Sake

Luffy and Nami both befriended the Whale Shark Jinbei

Luffy and Nami reunite in the Whale Forest at Zou

I don't think Zoro was "neglected".
He got the "scarring Kaido" moment.
He got the "cutting the dragon in the air" moment with a panel mimicking that Wanted one.
He learned that his village was founded by Wano people.
He had his nice moment with the people from Ebisu town.
He had the most interaction with the arc's princess from the SH's.
Some may say that he getting a new sword is a plus. I hate Enma, so, personally, I think that's a negative, but meh. Since I believe he's gonna either turn all 3 swords black at the same time, since he's a 3-sword user, or just Wado, it made sense to remove his black blade and give him another non-black blade. I just wish it was Nidai.
He participated on the rooftop battle.

I think there's a good mix of "battle" and "non battle" things for Zoro this arc. I just think people misplaced some expectations, thinking Oda would turn this into some other shounen where not always the MC is the one who solves the big baddie problem.
I had expected Zoro to take on either Doffy or Fujitora in Dressrosa, while Luffy was busy with the tournament thing. Didn't happen.
I expected Sanji to fight Katakuri. Didn't happen.
All Luffy.
I expected Zoro to fight some major antagonist samurai in Wano, didn't happen.
Orochi? clown.
Kyoshiro? Actually a good guy.
Kaido's secret son that have some twist sense of imitating Oden fighting like a samurai but it's still evil? Nope. Nice woman and might even join the gang.
Had to take some magical senzu bean just to go back to the original plan of Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen.
It's always been Luffy's show. I just think some people grew tired of it.
Giving Luffy two major fights in WCI while the "other mc" for the arc got nothing? That should have been the final nail in the coffin for people to understand that there's almost no room for other characters to shine. other characters get "moments" and that's it.
I think people would have liked it if Zoro got a moment where he reflected about a certain aspect of his character and grew from it, sort of like Sanji did. Maybe this arc he could have learned to respect female opponents, that way being able to surpass Kuina. Though maybe that happens with smoothie

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
With Zoro I meant getting the rest of his backstory like how Sanji got more and we learned about Sanjis full name, lineage, family etc. Zoro is still a massive mystery in that sense. Oda also blue balling us by making him resemble Ushimaru but not explaining why and saying he's not his father either.

I hate Enma too so I can completely relate and agree with that too.

I really wanted Zoro to be challenged in the same way Sanji was, that emotional conflict and struggle.

He didn't even avenge Yasuie and the only samurai he faced was a good guy all along too. Idk if Gyukimaru/Onimaru counts.

Yeah Zoro vs Doffy or Fujitora especially would have been great.

I think ironically getting all this extra development for Sanji has lead to a new predecent/standard/expectation for OP especially with the other SHs but there is still so much to learn about Zoro, Nami, Robin, Franky, Brook at least imo.

Yeah I really felt like the series was the Luffy show after WCI too for the reasons you mentioned. Dressrosa was bad enough, especially with Law not getting the final blow or even kill on Doflamingo.
Fighting-wise, I'm ok with Zoro vs King. Once again I'm SEEING Zoro get stronger, different from his past post-TS fights, where he just popped the new skills he picked up on his training that we didn't get to see him learning.
I really, REALLY just wish Zoro's interactions with the crew improves. Some "that's our doctor" moment with Chopper every 400 chapters doesn't cut it for me.
The Zoro/Sanji dynamic is cool and all but there are other SH's.
I wanted more Sanji/Usopp interactions as well. I think that's a very underappreciated duo. Skypie had it, Water7 had it on the Sea Train and a little bit more on EL.
Wano ALMOST had it. With Sanji promising to protect Usopp in case he was captured (never followed up). The "I trust you to protect Nami-swan, Usopp" also didn't have any pay off since Usopp didn't do anything.
Sigh....I hate wano.

I think the biggest reality check that some people need to face is that there's not much room to grow character wise with Zoro compared to Sanji since Zoro is a simple character and I don't mean that in a bad way.
He cuts people, loves to drink, likes to sleep and sometimes he gets lost for a cheap gag; that's Zoro. He can learn to cut harder things but his personality will always remain the same of the "cool swordsman and Luffy's #1 man" in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.