Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the biggest reality check that some people need to face is that there's not much room to grow character wise with Zoro compared to Sanji since Zoro is a simple character and I don't mean that in a bad way.
He cuts people, loves to drink, likes to sleep and sometimes he gets lost for a cheap gag; that's Zoro. He can learn to cut harder things but his personality will always remain the same of the "cool swordsman and Luffy's #1 man" in the story.
But it can happen TBH ; personal revenge could be a thing if shitmotsuki were his grand father or something

I think the biggest reality check that some people need to face is that there's not much room to grow character wise with Zoro compared to Sanji since Zoro is a simple character and I don't mean that in a bad way.
He cuts people, loves to drink, likes to sleep and sometimes he gets lost for a cheap gag; that's Zoro. He can learn to cut harder things but his personality will always remain the same of the "cool swordsman and Luffy's #1 man" in the story.
Weak description of Zoro's character

Zoro is a rather simple character, yes, with little needs in terms of luxury or a lot of dialogue. But I always saw the path for him being similiar to Musashi in Vagabond, who developes quite a lot of complexity as the story goes on despite his simple lifestyle. Both Musashi and Zoro started out as brutes trying to cut everything with sheer force, but both eventually got to the point where sheer force was not enough anymore so they had to look into the nitpicking details of their craft. Musashi slowly became a more calm and freespirited version. Not luffy free spirited like as in manically laughing and just wanting to party and have fun, but the free spirited version of going with the flow of things and actually paying attention to the small things in life. I got a little bit of that impression in Zoro in the beginning of this arc, too, when he travelled through wano and seemed much more content than usual. I figuered as the arc goes on his journey would go more in this direction as the people there would take off his burden of pushing himself so hard all the time and instead be more content and gaining more insight from observation. However given the way this arc went ... nobody knows what Oda even has left in store for him at all. Maybe nothing. Who knows...

G

Gorosei Informer

I'm just "some people" now? Lol.

Also excuse me for wanting more from Zoro, especially with such a tragic relationship with Kuina, his absolute humility caused by and friendly rivalry with Mihawk and completely mysterious lineage and such.

I'm dumbfounded that Zoro hasn't got much room to grow, I'm lost for words. Such an ignorant blanket statement and showing truly little understanding of him and his character.

Zoro is very nuanced/subtle but the willfully ignorant are like "hurr durr, he's bland, he's 2-Dimensional, he's boring, has no personality, he just likes to fight, cut stuff, sleep and drink and he's always serious/stoic".

Zoro's had very interesting moments in the past that are often unspoken of, overlooked, underrated, underestimated etc.

Zoro is simpler yes but there's more to him than meets the ignorant eye, sigh.

How I'm feeling right now:

Also don't get me started on the same arguments of Mihawk being boring. I'll probably end up turning some nearby sword black out of haki rage somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.