G

Gorosei Informer

In my case I don't want Luffy and strawhats to be good guy but rather some evil people that actually end up doing good shit occasionally.

That's why I don't really have problem with whole brainwashing thing but main problem is how Oda has started treating Strawhats as saviour, then it all feels hypocritical.

It's fine if strawhats acts hypocritical but it's another case if story itself try paint it as something it isn't.
That's exactly the issue too, especially with the Joyboy reveal now too. Warrior of Liberation LMFAO.

The SHs were better as more neutral type characters that did good as you said, that happened to be heroes unintentionally but Oda is trying way too hard to make them seem like downright heroes, especially Luffy too.

Tama would have been a great character without the DF, she's a great example of what's so wrong with Wano and Orochis reign.
If her fruit had more limitations to it, I genuinely wouldn't be so mad too. Right now it's too powerful, I'm grateful it doesn't work on Zoans, Minks or even humans.

Tama already works well as an emotional anchor and motivator for Luffy and others. That's all she needed to be.

But Oda made her into WIDELY hated plot device too.
Post automatically merged:

Imagine Tamas DF awakened too, just think about that, it's horrific, dystopian potential right there. Let it sink in. Savour it.

She literally enslaves/brainwashed people. Luffy and co uses her despite fighting for freedom too.

If she wasn't a cute little girl that most people fawn over and act like she is some perfectly innocent, pure, innocent princess and was much older, uglier, even male, any of those at least, they would be mad and give Tama hell.

Momo gets so much hate but Tama is Sugar but for the "good side". The hypocrisy and double standards is infuriating. Toko also gets more hate than Tama too ffs.
I think you’re looking way to deep into it. You’re over analysing a character that is just supposed to be a helpless child. While its true that she “enslaves” people, she doesn’t do it for her own benefit. These people she “enslaved” tortured Wano for ages and why should she not act? Why should she act good to these people when these same people didn’t give a second thought in tormenting Wano citizens for whole 20 years?

G

Gorosei Informer

I think you’re looking way to deep into it. You’re over analysing a character that is just supposed to be a helpless child. While its true that she “enslaves” people, she doesn’t do it for her own benefit. These people she “enslaved” tortured Wano for ages and why should she not act? Why should she act good to these people when these same people didn’t give a second thought in tormenting Wano citizens for whole 20 years?
You don't drop to their standards, that's my point. You don't see issue with a little girl thinking it's OK to brainwash and enslaves hundreds of people?
Come on guys, you're not helping my despair right now.

What is she gonna grow up to be like then?

They call it a slippery slope for a reason.

She may grow up and not abuse her powers like that, but she could also become much worse with them too.

Fighting fire with fire doesn't help, an eye for an eye.

But muh innocent helpless child lmfao.

Oda has shown children are not always innocent and helpless either so she's clearly capable of great evil if she wanted to especially.

What if she told the gifters to commit suicide? Or to murder, pillage, destroy etc?

But like with what happens to Solis on here unfortunately, a bunch of depraved manchildren are gonna start calling me a Karen sooner or later too, especially for being so unapologetically vocal and honest.
Absolutely deplorable and immature behaviour but you know, fuck morals/ethic right?

A

AverageNamiEnjoyer

You don't drop to their standards, that's my point. You don't see issue with a little girl thinking it's OK to brainwash and enslaves hundreds of people?
Come on guys, you're not helping my despair right now.

What is she gonna grow up to be like then?

They call it a slippery slope for a reason.

She may grow up and not abuse her powers like that, but she could also become much worse with them too.

Fighting fire with fire doesn't help, an eye for an eye.

But muh innocent helpless child lmfao.

Oda has shown children are not always innocent and helpless either so she's clearly capable of great evil if she wanted to especially.

What if she told the gifters to commit suicide? Or to murder, pillage, destroy etc?

But like with what happens to Solis on here unfortunately, a bunch of depraved manchildren are gonna start calling me a Karen sooner or later too, especially for being so unapologetically vocal and honest.
Absolutely deplorable and immature behaviour but you know, fuck morals/ethic right?
Children are still innocent no matter how evil shit they do