Smoothie

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, they are refering to Yamato with male pronouns on anime subtitles? :nicagesmile: Let's me guess, it's Funimation.
They are absolutely bonkers.

In the japanese original Yamato actually uses a lot of the pronouns that even BM uses for herself (gender-neutral pronouns that a lot of tomboy girls use).

The western translators made a shitshow out of this by using male pronouns to fit their agenda.

The newest crewmembers kingly ambition... what's the big deal, you haven't seen luffy or zoro change their mind about their goals. Yamato respected oden so much that she wants to live the same way he did, and get to leave wano and see the world with the king of the pirates like oden did. I don't see the problem...
What are you on about?

Get that some of y'all are excited about the prospect of Yamato joining with this chapter and prolly already think it's a done deal but as with errting this arc, temper your expectations or are u're gonna end up with egg on ur face. Can already see people shouting "Oda's lost the plot" if tings don't go their way in the next few chapters.

Yamato being so adamant about joining the SHs is goofy asf. It's like Oda's literally going out of his way to convince you that she will join the SHs which is not really the way he usually writes, so I'd view that with a grain of salt if I were you. Moreover, her coming to tell the SHs here that she will join might seem like a done deal but the reality is that it doesn't mean anything with Luffy not being present. Why did Oda leave Luffy out of this scene? but anyways I digress...
I hope you’re right. That’s my line of thinking as well.

If Yamato had been introduced at the beginning of Wano she could've been a great character. We all waited for Toki who turned out to be one of the most disappointing females period.

Status
Not open for further replies.