One Piece Episode 925 - Dashing! The Righteous O-Soba Mask!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • 4/5

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • 3/5

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 0/5

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno the episode was alright for me (by one piece anime standards ofc)

The action scene was the best from wano arc anime
and animation was good

My only gripe (besides the horrible filler) is that they didn't even animate a single panel from the chapter. Like LEGIT not a single frame from the episode was in the chapter.

* No Usopp commenting about Sanji stripping
* Sanji not appearing on the roof when he was on the ground initially
* scenes were playing in reverse for some reason (like Sanji saying he will ask usopp to redesign the suit after the kick when in the manga it was before the kick)

I gave up on anime after bat man, kaido situation (and those long stares).

Even Oda thinks anime is different shit from the manga

J

Jo_Ndule

That guys an idiot. Like, dear god, how do people take that guy seriously?

Also, I disagree about the one shot. I despised the one shot in the manga. It was the most horrifically panelled, ugly and boring way to conceivably end the fight. The anime actually bothering to make the climax to the Kaido fight a climax was a massive improvement over the fairly boring fight it was in the manga.

Also, Kaido used a few more moves. I don't think that's the equivalent of trying more, especially considering the anime specifically highlights that Kaido is so drunk he can barely stand straight. I don't see why that was a problem that was consistently bought up(especially considering it also literally happened in the anime). If anything, they just made drunk Kaido a bit tougher, which is again, making Kaido more powerful, not less...

I think its worth noting for me, the manga is not exciting to read in of itself, at the very least for its action sequence. Its a massive, ugly cluttered mess for the most part, and Luffy vs Kaido for me was really no exception. Oda's art used to be incredibly appealing, and his panelling extremely fun and on point. But nowadays? There's a reason why its more fun to watch the anime, and why I know a fair few anime only people, who typically prefer reading the manga counter-parts of show, who vastly prefer the One Piece anime over its manga counter-part.

I think its hilarious that people "not like this. It deserves better."

I feel like that attitude is precisely why One Piece fans do not deserve nice things and Toei should stop being so generous with how much effort they've put into making One Piece as good as possible.
Bro you defending OP animators too much
The fillers they add, simply ruins many things

Anyway, killer vs Zoro lasted 30 min at least
They were clashing evenly till it started snowing/snowed
So if they drag the battle i can understand but they dont need to add voring fillers

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro you defending OP animators too much
The fillers they add, simply ruins many things

Anyway, killer vs Zoro lasted 30 min at least
They were clashing evenly till it started snowing/snowed
So if they drag the battle i can understand but they dont need to add voring fillers
The fillers that ruin many things that were so good in the manga such as...?

The Zoro vs Killer fight isn’t even a real fight in the manga. It’s a few pages, and then nothing. It desperately needs something to give it some actual backbone. I would be totally cool if they had both Zoro and Killer used named attacks.

I hear you bt doesn't this make the initial excuse of using RS wrong, if Pageone wasn't gonna go down from the final fight why make Sanji do such claim to use RS? However you may look at it, it's bad writing makin a character look bad.
The initial excuse was Sanji trying to save those civilians actually... him boosting and saying "I can take this idiot down in an instant" is just showing off LOL... Luffy and Zoro does that a lot... boosting a lot before it gets harder than what they have calculated... But generally the MAIN OBJECTIVE was "Save the civilians... swallow your pride and use the RS to help on account of your pride if it will help save people"

That was the TRUE Objective and the MAIN trigger as to wy Sanji didn't continue to run away with Law and co..

Because I'll get analyze things for your more... It's true that taking him out was one of the goals but it isn't really the TRIGGER or the REASON for that fight...

If that was the case... Sanji would NOT try to face him ONLY AFTER hearing screams of innocent people asking Sangoro to show up.. He was running away with Law just fine... doesn't care about reducing the enemy number... however.. the main trigger was saving the civilians and facing him without allowing the enemy to find out his identity... and he succeeded in that... The other objective of reducing one member of the enemy was something that can come along with the mix since he's going to face him anyway....
But generally... even if he knocked him out... I still think TWO WEEKS with Ancient Zoan of Toppi Roppo is more than enough of a time for him to get back up and recover and exist in Onigashima

So.. Sanji's main true objective (saving civilians) was done and it was success
Sanji's second objective that can come along with him fighting him by eliminating him for good (that was not achieved) but it was okay for Sanji because no one was still in the area by the time he dipped... so no one was hurt... and he saw NO NEED to continue the battle

The initial excuse was Sanji trying to save those civilians actually... him boosting and saying "I can take this idiot down in an instant" is just showing off LOL... Luffy and Zoro does that a lot... boosting a lot before it gets harder than what they have calculated... But generally the MAIN OBJECTIVE was "Save the civilians... swallow your pride and use the RS to help on account of your pride if it will help save people"

That was the TRUE Objective and the MAIN trigger as to wy Sanji didn't continue to run away with Law and co..

Because I'll get analyze things for your more... It's true that taking him out was one of the goals but it isn't really the TRIGGER or the REASON for that fight...

If that was the case... Sanji would NOT try to face him ONLY AFTER hearing screams of innocent people asking Sangoro to show up.. He was running away with Law just fine... doesn't care about reducing the enemy number... however.. the main trigger was saving the civilians and facing him without allowing the enemy to find out his identity... and he succeeded in that... The other objective of reducing one member of the enemy was something that can come along with the mix since he's going to face him anyway....
But generally... even if he knocked him out... I still think TWO WEEKS with Ancient Zoan of Toppi Roppo is more than enough of a time for him to get back up and recover and exist in Onigashima

So.. Sanji's main true objective (saving civilians) was done and it was success
Sanji's second objective that can come along with him fighting him by eliminating him for good (that was not achieved) but it was okay for Sanji because no one was still in the area by the time he dipped... so no one was hurt... and he saw NO NEED to continue the battle
It’s worth noting that their fighting was also incredibly destructive, so that’s also a pretty good reason to break engagement.

i know this might sound strange but i liked sanji's super sentai like roll call when he announced himself as soba mask. and the kick at the end and transformation was cool.
The roll call scene was fantastic, loved the smeary character acting. Really sold how over the top dramatic he was being.

Also, the kick at the end and transformation were definitely visual highlights of the episode, the kick in particular being fantastic.

It’s worth noting that their fighting was also incredibly destructive, so that’s also a pretty good reason to break engagement.
Exactly... Sanji did state for ONE ATTACK ONLY from Page one that "it hurt a bit.. but it's sturdy... but I cannot say the same applies for the capital" meaning the town is getting destroyed EASILY"

So again... so many factors play into it..

I don't know... I came here to read the comments before seeing the episode... I got a bit depressed with all the complaints... but after seeing the episode.. and truly enjoying it... I don't understand why all the complaints (SPECIALLY ABOUT SOMETHING NOT CONFIRMED IN MANGA ANYWAY) and people still to this day sometimes throw the line (where the fuck is Page1) LOL

I trust Toei in their filler a whole lot more than our headcanon about what happened... at least they ave connection to Oda.. and can easily just ask him "so did Sanji win? did he knock out Page1? or did Sanji deliver a final good attack and left before anyone else shows up but Page1 is still in the arc?"

I think asking about the "outcome of the battle" is something they can easily contact Oda for

Specially since they fucking contacted Oda about the "meaning of the symbol of Impel Down" which was done in a way to represent two letters (I and D) but in some weird shape.. so if they were asking about such SMALL DETAILS... asking about outcome of battle (so obvious key point event) is NOT something they will miss imo

I like the episode... again 4.5/5
The only way they could have done it better is (add the Germa transition specially made for Sanji) in the middle instead of the episode instead of Luffy/Zoro transition
I was so ready thinking and waiting with expectation they will do it
In fact, I was always thinking that the transition in the middle was made for Luffy/Zoro ONLY because the arc started with Luffy/Zoro
And I was thinking they will start giving Sanji/Nami and co by the time there is a BIG SCENE for them
So basically in mid point.. a transition of Sanji in Germa clothing would have spoiled it for some fans... so it was PERFECT TIME to add the Sanji transition with Germa clothing... sadly they didn't think about that

But overall the episode was great

How does Franky knows about Germa???
Well... it's not a farfetched think
1- Franky was studying Vegapunk documents and records for 2 years
2- Vegapunk worked with Judge

BUT EVEN IF that wasn't the reason

Franky is knowledgable about latest technology and things that exist... and upon knowing during Zou arc that Sanji is son of Vinsmoke who control Germa 66 faction...
We had both of Brook and Nami hinting that both of them know about the "mythical evil army"
So it's not farfetched for Franky to know some bit of info about them...

Well... it's not a farfetched think
1- Franky was studying Vegapunk documents and records for 2 years
2- Vegapunk worked with Judge

BUT EVEN IF that wasn't the reason

Franky is knowledgable about latest technology and things that exist... and upon knowing during Zou arc that Sanji is son of Vinsmoke who control Germa 66 faction...
We had both of Brook and Nami hinting that both of them know about the "mythical evil army"
So it's not farfetched for Franky to know some bit of info about them...
Reasonable and coherent, so yeh, probably you're right...

I honestly thought that Sanji got rid of him in the manga.

But maybe the idea that Drake killed him wasn't bad?

Immagine if TOEI just fucked up and they keep P1 around while Oda permanently offscrened him :denzimote:
Yoooo
It would be awesome plot-twist if Page1 was reporting to Drake (and Drake was alone with him)
and he was like... I see.. so he was that annoying and strong... then stabs him in the back... so if I eliminated you and used him as an excuse... no one will notice.... WIth scary badass face!!!!

Wow... I'd love that... in fact... it will be TOO FUNNY if that was revealed in the manga... only to have manga fans realize Toei spoiled it for them the same way they spoiled "Kyoshiro is Denjiro" LMAO
That would be too funny

Status
Not open for further replies.