Character Discussion Be Like Luffy: Respect People for their Effort, not their Strength

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
Nami will never be as physically strong as Zoro.

Does that mean she's lesser than Zoro? Fuck no.

Powerscaling is toxic to me because it diminishes anything that doesn't have to do with violence.

Who cares that Chopper cured thousands of people from dying, preserving the Samurai force, and adding Beast Pirate members to the Samurai alliance?

He didn't beat Queen, so it doesn't matter /s

Marco stalled two Yonkou Commanders to allow multiple Strawhats to survive?

Who cares, what a fraud, he's a Yonkou Commander who can't beat a single notable Beast Pirate /s

Luffy would never spit on Chopper and tell him that he suck because Chopper couldn't defeat a strong opponent. If you don't like a crew-member, that's fine. Zoro and Sanji outright detest each other. But, would they ever seriously try to hurt each other? No. Don't be petty. Even if you dislike someone, you can still respect them and appreciate their effort, rather than using whatever you dislike to hurt them.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope

Powerscaling is toxic to me because it diminishes anything that doesn't have to do with violence.

Who cares that Chopper cured thousands of people from dying, preserving the Samurai force, and adding Beast Pirate members to the Samurai alliance?

Who cares, what a fraud, he's a Yonkou Commander who can't beat a single notable Beast Pirate /s

Luffy would never spit on Chopper and tell him that he suck because Chopper couldn't defeat a strong opponent. If you don't like a crew-member, that's fine. Zoro and Sanji outright detest each other. But, would they ever seriously try to hurt each other? No. Don't be petty. Even if you dislike someone, you can still respect them and appreciate their effort, rather than using whatever you dislike to hurt them.
Because, in the end, every arc's problem is resolved with Luffy punching the big baddie until they can't move.
The "little things" don't matter if Luffy doesn't use violence to solve the main problem.

That's why.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
It’s on Oda for putting so much focus on fighting being the tools to resolve all problems while the Strawhat special skills get the bare minimum of focus.

And even when he does give a special skill a lot of focus- Sanji cooking the cake- it’s controversially handed at best.

If he gave us more stuff like Nami piloting the waver at the end of Skypiea to beat Enel then there would be more praise for her.

I mean you say this, but yet the biggest conflicts are always resolved with violence. The people of One Piece gives praise to those that use their might for justice. You're not gonna be hearing any body of people sing the names of Nami or Ussop because they're weak.

Luffy doesn't care of you put effort or not. He only accept the best in his crew. Zoro set to be not only WSS but WSM too. That's his job.
Sanji is the strongest in terms of cooking. Brook with music. Nami with navigation. Jinbei with driving a ship(not sure how to call this) and etc.

It’s on Oda for putting so much focus on fighting being the tools to resolve all problems while the Strawhat special skills get the bare minimum of focus.

And even when he does give a special skill a lot of focus- Sanji cooking the cake- it’s controversially handed at best.

If he gave us more stuff like Nami piloting the waver at the end of Skypiea to beat Enel then there would be more praise for her.
Hi-lighting a big issue of mine.

luffy values kind-heartedness more than anything.

- ambition is the second most important quality to him, from the way he holds zoro to such high standards since their first meeting.

luffy also holds nami to high standards as well, and she must meet his expectations:

luffy considers zoro and nami's dispositions to have direct impact on his prsonal image as a pirate king, beyond fulfilling his dream.
the original trio share a very special bond, compared to the rest of the crew.

- the third most important thing to luffy is the kind of help his nakama can offer, you can track that in the crew members order of joining:
1- strength
2- navigation
3- cooking
4- doctoring
i'm not sure about ussop, but i think luffy and zoro were impressed by his noble heart (rule 1) and strong resolve and invited him, but his true value to the crew was not determined until after he joined the crew.

B

Ballel

I mean you say this, but yet the biggest conflicts are always resolved with violence. The people of One Piece gives praise to those that use their might for justice. You're not gonna be hearing any body of people sing the names of Nami or Ussop because they're weak.
Usopp is worshipped as a god so stfu

Because, in the end, every arc's problem is resolved with Luffy punching the big baddie until they can't move.
The "little things" don't matter if Luffy doesn't use violence to solve the main problem.

That's why.
I always found it funny that some of the Kings were pacifists like Cobra, Neptune, and Riku but all their problems were solved with pure violence.

Marco is a monster for one. Also just because a character is weak doesn’t mean powerscalers don’t like the character. I like Nami she’s weak. The complaint should be to the fans that can like there favorite character without inflating their power.
Bias is the issue.

D: Hello Oda Sensei. In chapter 655 of volume 66 in the scene where everyone is eating deep sea fish bento boxes, Robin says "Delicious," Luffy and Usopp are going "munch munch," but only Zoro is going "crunch crunch." Did Sanji put razor-blades in Zoro's bento, as promised? Penname- Gillette

O: hnnnnn.... AMAZING!! Thank you for reading so carefully! I mean, I drew that while thinking that it wouldn't really be that bad if nobody ever noticed, but in chapter 653 of volume 66, we have this scene. There's usually no reason to use a crunchy sound effect when characters are eating bento, but I felt that Sanji would surely put the razors and poison in Zoro's bento, so I decided to draw it in that way. The serious nature of their fight is what makes it interesting.

Luffy doesn't respect people based on their effort he respects them if they are strong just like Oda. That's why Luffys wings are Zoro and Sanji not Zoro and Nami, that's also why Sanji and Zoro get more relevance than any other straw hat.

Being weak in Shonen only leads to disappointment down the line for the characters