Votes: 9 19.1%
  • 2/5

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 0/5

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
I already knew the pacing was slow in the anime, but (maybe it's just me) the overall quality seems to have dropped a lot too. Animations looks so robotic :tchpepe:
Have you been watching One Piece for the last 20 years?
Animation wise this episode was nothing special, but it was also completely inoffensive for the most part.
Post automatically merged:

As for the episode itself, it was pretty much fine. Pacing was surprisingly fine for the most part.

Art was pretty polished.

Animation wise there was nothing aside from some fine enough stuff from Hisada.

Direction was pretty solid though didn't really have a terrible amount of flair.

Overall, it was just a pretty solid episode.

Next episode looks like it could be better I reckon but 1022 is probably going to have at least one stand out scene.

Last edited:
Have you been watching One Piece for the last 20 years?
Animation wise this episode was nothing special, but it was also completely inoffensive for the most part.
Post automatically merged:
Cool, I have watched for a while but not for the last 20 years tho. I dunno maybe its just my personal view but the overall (fighting) animations seems lazy in the sense also that there is almost no variations in it. In my memory for example stuff was animated much nicer in Marineford or WCI for example but I can be remembering things wrong.
Also the current use of aura's is just a big no for me....

Cool, I have watched for a while but not for the last 20 years tho. I dunno maybe its just my personal view but the overall (fighting) animations seems lazy in the sense also that there is almost no variations in it. In my memory for example stuff was animated much nicer in Marineford or WCI for example but I can be remembering things wrong.
Also the current use of aura's is just a big no for me....
Wano has had pretty much the most consistently well animated action episodes and sequences in the series. We're definitely clear of Marineford and WCI even though they also had pretty consistent highlights. Even if a whole episode isn't fantastically animated from beginning to end, Wano still has episodes with several minutes of solid action. 963 and 963 comes to mind immediately, as well as episodes like 953.

This episode and 1021 didn't really have too much special about them. 1022 will have a pretty solid scene by Tu Yong Ce I reckon.

Also, we just have the best animated episodes in the entire series pretty consistently just in Wano.

If you were to ask the top 10 best animated episodes of the series, aside from 870, the Snakeman vs Katakuri episode, pretty much all of them would be from Wano.