[FNZ] Salem of Lies Throne Of Lies: Darkness over Worstgen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
So if it's a yes why did you disagree with me when I said it lol?
Your first post was saying that I tried to say we can't trust our results. If a mechanical result came my way, I would trust it until proven otherwise by threadplay. I'm just saying the degree of trust in the result would be lesser.

Well I'd argue the fool might be more impactful cuz we lose a day. But my point is that you're post came off as trying to discredit possible results ahead of time.
Don't think I can discredit results ahead of time because they'll always have power, but advising caution against being manipulated is always a better approach imo.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Your first post was saying that I tried to say we can't trust our results. If a mechanical result came my way, I would trust it until proven otherwise by threadplay. I'm just saying the degree of trust in the result would be lesser.
Lindie you just agreed with me that the point you were making is we shouldn't trust the results ASAP. Hence your yepp.

Don't think I can discredit results ahead of time because they'll always have power, but advising caution against being manipulated is always a better approach imo.
You can. It's much better to set up the field than claim such a thing outta nowhere. So if you've already planted the idea for results not being completely reliable it gives you a better standing should you get invested.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Lindie you just agreed with me that the point you were making is we shouldn't trust the results ASAP. Hence your yepp.
Yeah, not trusting results ASAP is definitely more prudent here with the info I potentially believe we have. I mean with Prof's PR, we already know that we can't trust at least one investigation - the fool - for now.

I guess I made a mistake in wording then. But essentially, yes, we shouldn't be trusting results ASAP.

You can. It's much better to set up the field than claim such a thing outta nowhere. So if you've already planted the idea for results not being completely reliable it gives you a better standing should you get invested.
I think this doesn't only apply to me, but to everyone, though. Once the fool is assumed to be in the game, invests being tampered is already implied. But unless he's confirmed, we'd need to assume that scum are doing this to trick us.

So I don't think this leash I've put on invests is only for myself, but to the whole playerbase.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
I get where you're coming from, though. You think I'm setting this up so that I can get out of a suspicious investigation. However, if I was scum, I wouldn't really gain much from putting this out there because if scum really has the ability to mess with investigations, I'm weakening that ability already by keeping everyone informed.

I'd much rather have the playerbase still maintain absolute trust in investigations to maximize that framing ability as scum.

So I'm just advising caution to weaken a framer ability if one exists here.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Yeah, not trusting results ASAP is definitely more prudent here with the info I potentially believe we have. I mean with Prof's PR, we already know that we can't trust at least one investigation - the fool - for now.

I guess I made a mistake in wording then. But essentially, yes, we shouldn't be trusting results ASAP.

I think this doesn't only apply to me, but to everyone, though. Once the fool is assumed to be in the game, invests being tampered is already implied. But unless he's confirmed, we'd need to assume that scum are doing this to trick us.

So I don't think this leash I've put on invests is only for myself, but to the whole playerbase.
So you agree with what I was saying after all Lindie. Why the unnecessary contradictions earlier then?

Certainly it can be applied to anyone. However most people ostensibly do not have any knowledge on it, and it looks good on you to have already mentioned such a possibility in case you are invested. You can always go back to the post and have plausible deniability and you claim would carry more weight since it's not something you would have blurted at the moment of the result.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I get where you're coming from, though. You think I'm setting this up so that I can get out of a suspicious investigation. However, if I was scum, I wouldn't really gain much from putting this out there because if scum really has the ability to mess with investigations, I'm weakening that ability already by keeping everyone informed.

I'd much rather have the playerbase still maintain absolute trust in investigations to maximize that framing ability as scum.

So I'm just advising caution to weaken a framer ability if one exists here.
Counter argument Lindie. Once the info that there is ostensibly a framer role in the game is out, you go out of you way to make such a post to reap cred, by making this post in which you say that you as scum wouldn't volunteer that info.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Anyway, Fuji answered me. The Unseen has to start with the MM and assassin. The Cult starts with the Leader + a warped version of a BD role.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
So you agree with what I was saying after all Lindie. Why the unnecessary contradictions earlier then?
Contradictions? I wasn't contradicting, Lighto. I'm advising caution and saying to not completely trust investigations lol. I only made that clear is all.

Certainly it can be applied to anyone. However most people ostensibly do not have any knowledge on it, and it looks good on you to have already mentioned such a possibility in case you are invested. You can always go back to the post and have plausible deniability and you claim would carry more weight since it's not something you would have blurted at the moment of the result.
Again, me mentioning that applies to the whole playerbase. Anyone can go back to my post and try to use it to clarify a slot further. My post only serves to reduce scum manipulation. And, again, this is something all townies think about whether I said it or not I believe.

The presence of a framer automatically motivates players to have a lesser degree of trust in results. So I don't think it looks good only on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.