Character Discussion Shanks gave his arm to the Lord of the Coast because his Haki could have hurt Luffy

CoC: Color of Clowns

Science(Knowledge) + God(Light) = Truth
Nothing has driven me more mad in this series when it comes to power-scaling than this dude eating Shank's arm:

Today I came up with the only satisfactory answer I've ever heard of: Shank's Haki is so damn broken that if he had attacked the Lord of the Coast to save Luffy, the force from his Haki would have also harmed/killed Luffy.

Shanks realized he couldn't punch the Lord of the Coast fast enough to save Luffy, so he gave his arm instead. Luffy beat the Lord of the Coast with a single punch in Romance Dawn: Shanks should have no problem defeating this beast.

Shanks could have beaten the Lord of the Coast, but the attack would have possibly harmed Luffy, so he chose to give up his arm, rather than risk hurting Luffy. Shanks is a true boss.

Nothing has driven me more mad in this series when it comes to power-scaling than this dude eating Shank's arm:

Today I came up with the only satisfactory answer I've ever heard of: Shank's Haki is so damn broken that if he had attacked the Lord of the Coast to save Luffy, the force from his Haki would have also harmed/killed Luffy.

Shanks realized he couldn't punch the Lord of the Coast fast enough to save Luffy, so he gave his arm instead. Luffy beat the Lord of the Coast with a single punch in Romance Dawn: Shanks should have no problem defeating this beast.

Shanks could have beaten the Lord of the Coast, but the attack would have possibly harmed Luffy, so he chose to give up his arm, rather than risk hurting Luffy. Shanks is a true boss.
My haki is stronger. :jordanmf:

Fun fact: originally Shanks wasn't going to lose his arm, but at the time, Oda's editor said the story wasn't very "interesting". Therefore, Oda resorted to the choice to make Shanks lose his arm.

My own headcanon is that he really doesn't care about losing and arm so he bet it on Luffy.

H

Herrera95

Shanks unleashed CoC at that moment.

Maybe other kinds of haki too.

It is really hard to scale even considering Shanks didn't had haki.

But the real reason was just to create emotional moment. Oda already said that was editors demand not his original idea.

No the fish overpowered him and took his arm. There's no nuance or context I was told. If you lose a limb, get stalled or just get cucked by Oda (Big Meme) that's it, there's no "outside factor" excuses.

Shanks got the L because of a Fish

Last edited: