If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Fair but only took this part in consideration because the knowledge Big Mom has and the fight itself was somewhat convincing.
I mean, Bege is also part of Big Mom's crew. I don't think that matters much besides, Big Mom herself wasn't fully convinced.

Without Nami's helpful Luffy most likely would have lost as he had the lethality and defense to wither down Luffy
True, Cracker had the abilities to stall out G4's timelimit and eventually beat an exhausted Luffy. Despite G4 two shotting the biscuits.
But that doesn't really mean Luffy was weaker than YC3s or anything, especially in G4 forms.
Reminder that Luffy was matching Big Mom's physical strength & CoA with G4's punches, Boundman is incredibly strong raw force wise. It was overwhelming Doffy & Kata when they tried to face it physically and was sending them flying 100s of metres.

Because that amount of explosive power is timelimited, how G4 Luffy performs is entirely matchup dependent. All the villains who fought it where tailor made to stall it - Doffy stalled it with his aerial mobility & building sized strings with townwide AOE, Cracker had his biscuits & Kata had his FS/Intangibility combo. It would fail to beat characters who are tricky and have abilities suited to stall like them but would absolutely wipe the floor with characters who have no choice but to face Boundman physically like Jack or Smoothie. No surpise though, because G4 was made to fight Zoans and absolutely overwhelm them physically.

Katakuri even noted that when he admitted that G4 was a superior force to Cracker.

Then again, Doffy isn't Luffy. He can easily deal with Cracker's biscuit spam by using his own awakening to turn the biscuits into strings. Katakuri demonstrated that when he turned Mirrorworld, Brulee's DF ability into Mochi.
And unlike Luffy, Doffy isn't limited by time as well.

I’m pretty sure that the main take away is that Sabo and the Revos are probably stronger than people expected. Especially since I think Oda seems to be comparing them directly to the calamities.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Sabo has multi-billion bounty like Luffy, Law, and Kidd.

Bullshit.
Is that why Luffy needed Law to use his Ultimate Technique?
Is that why Luffy needed to be saved by Gatz while an entire country stalled Doffy?
Y'all really discredit what Law did to Doffy, when he spent his entire life to bring him down.
Yeah and Doffy needed Trebol and Fujitora to jump on Law

People wanna tell me
Casual katakuri can handle luffy , jinbei, pedro and Capone without being hurt
Can trash g2/g3

But 50-70% Admirals (even if you say casual 30% ) can't beat the commanders or even 1? Yeah sabo is powerful but you can't even beat Morley? Lol
Have we got panels of the event?
Stop fucking going over the top with it. They clashed and didn't have a full blown fight. They clashed against the Admirals, grabbed Kuma and dipped that's all that transpired.

The revo commanders are just not jobbers like the YC and can hold out a bit against Admirals.

G

Gorosei Informer

Sooo Evil Shanks is back on the table? S(nitch)hanks going for the One Piece is very interesting and pretty much fits in the idea I developed with my friend @Kefka lately.

If Shanks is now going for the One Piece, leaving Wano behind and, to surprise of his crew, denies to meet Luffy before… there could be some confusing inside of Shanks crew.

But before I go deeper, I think (theory!), Shanks wasn’t evil all along or even played his own crew. I think most of them (specially Beckmann and Yasopp) are unaware of his “evil side”, since he got manipulated by Imu!

Additionally I need to bring in the point of Shanks being somehow related to Kidd. Not known if brothers or something else, but they are somehow connected since a long time. A lot of people already assumed it and it just makes sense.

So it would be kinda safe to assume the rest of the crew knows Eustass too, kinda like since he was a child. I think, when they now recognize something is off, they contact Eustass, which goes straight up on his way.

So he will meet up Shanks on his way to Raftel, go on a fight with him, is able to beat him, maybe with the help of some crewmembers from Shanks. The Snitch get snitched.

The news will go around the world “Eustass Kidd took down another Yonko, Red Hair Shanks!”, so he will be announced as full Yonko. Luffy will declare Eustass Kid as a traitor, he thought they are friends. Is pretty pissed on Kid.

Story resolves further, Luffy will reach Laugh Tale, will have his huge fight with Blackbeard there for the One Piece, the crew fights each other, Luffy can take the will. He find the One Piece, they celebrate. The story onfolds about the old century.

Right when it comes to the actual world government, the flashback stops, since Kid arrives at the destination of Luffy.

Luffys crew is still pretty damaged, but Luffy rages directly at Kid for his behavior. Kid blocks his first attack and yells at Luffy, he wants an alliance with him (kinda like Luffy wanted it in Wano, but Kid refused). Luffy refuses to listen to Kid and attacks him furiously. Kid blocks his attacks mostly, but get hit a lot, he also hit Luffy pretty much. After some time, someone jumps inbetween them and wants to stop them. He yells “STOP!”, but then get his by both and falls to the ground, driven by pain.

They both then stop and look at the Person, it is Buggy. Buggy appeared also on Laugh Tale. And with blue eyes and hurt he stands up and tells them to stop. He says Kid was right, Shanks is a traitor, not Kid. Luffy is surprised and first doesn’t trust them, but then Robin interferes, she says the information about the past pretty much fits what Buggy is telling there. Shanks may be manipulated by Imu. Kid then reveals “his history”, also his connection with Shanks. Buggy then steps in and tells his story with shanks about the time when they needed to wait for Rogers crew and how Shanks suddenly changed in that time and Imu appears.

So Buggy was the only one ever who knew the truth about Shanks!

Buggy then reveals he followed Kidds crew and Luffy, since the WG is going after him. Imu declared him Shishibukai and later Yonko, because he knew the truth about Shanks. He just understood this shortly. And since he is scared now, he was looking for the help of his “only friends”.

Then Robin reveals the whole truth about Imu and the World Government.

Finally, Luffy, Kid and Buggy build an Alliance against Imu and the Government. The final Alliance of the Yonko is build!

Additional ideas to this concept:
Shanks reappearing at final war, will be final opponent of Zoro. Because beating him means being able to beat Mihawk. (interesting @ShishioIsBack ?)

Tl; dr:
-Shanks is manipulated by Imu
-Someone of Shanks crew snitches and tells Kid
-Kid beats Shanks with help of Snitches
-Luffy mad at Kid
-Luffy goes Laugh tale, beats Blackbeard
-Kid arrives Laugh Tale
-Kid wants alliance, small clash of Luffy and Kid, since Luffy is mad
-Buggy appears, tries to stop them, he know about Shanks snitching
-Truth reveald about Imu, Shanks and WG
-New Alliance against Imu is build: Alliance of the Yonko!

p.s.: Gonna make a theory thread out of it on friday!

may interested mentions:
@rerere @Lukegranders @mly90 @Ghostly Reflections @Monkey D Theories ...
Apololgies for the late response, forgot to respond and thanks for the tag!

Its funny you suggest this as I've had similar beliefs/suspicions about Shanks since the Oden flashback especially, I can definitely see this being a potential case, it would explain a lot imo!

Imu may have some way of forcing people to do things, some kind of mind control or brainwashing power even, maybe relating to their eyes and hence why Zunisha and Mihawk have identical eyes too? It could explain Mihawks actions/choices too and why he and Shanks used to duel as well maybe? Also how Zunisha was sentenced, forced even to always keep walking for a 1000 years at least or the rest of its lifetime? I cant remember which it is.

I definitely agree about Shanks and Kidd being related, as soon as Kidd was revealed, I felt it in my gut that they were related somehow and once we knew he tried to attack Shanks, was targeting him and lost his arm to him or one of his crew at least, that was it for me, it was sealed there and then.

Shanks full name not being revealed yet, the subtle hint that he might be a D with the logo of Film Red, makes me think we're in for some huge reveals and twists and Kidd will be at the forefront/centre of them too somehow. Kidd not being confirmed for Film Red (which bothers me massively, especially for that film of all films too) and also not being confirmed a D really bother me too but Law was randomly revealed as a D at Dressrosa with nobody predicting that beforehand as far as I know/remember, so I hope Kidd is gonna be revealed as a D later somehow, for some reason and it may involve/be due to Shanks somehow too imo.

Luffy and Kidd are definitely gonna fight over Shanks. Kidd will want a brutal revenge on him and even to kill him and Luffy would be disgusted and furious by that especially naturally.

I really love that Buggy part too! I've always suspected there some kind of deeper problem, some mysterious conflict that seems to have turned Buggy bitter towards Shanks, he was so angry and hateful towards him at Marineford and it felt so out of character for Buggy given him and Shanks were close when they were much younger, to the point Shanks stayed behind to nurse Buggy when he got sick ofc!

I really feel the Red Oni, Blue Oni trope applies heavily to Shanks and Buggy too, although ironically TV Tropes doesn't mention them on their site about it but they do mention Kidd and Killer in this regard instead!:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/RedOniBlueOni/AnimeAndManga

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedOniBlueOni

We had Crocodiles secret being teased at Marineford by Ivankov too and Crocodile seemingly having some kind of deep seated, personal resentment of Whitebeard too I believe? He wanted to kill Whitebeard in revenge, I think he got his scar and lost his arm to Whitebeard? Was that confirmed? I even feel Weevil might be Whitebeards real son after all and maybe Crocodile killed him and now hes back as a Hogback zombie somehow, hence his weird stitching scars all over implying loss of his hand and even half his face I think?! Or he was simply put back together and stitched up like the mountain boar god at Wano after Oden sliced it up? Lmao.

But yeah, I feel there was meant to be something deeper, some kind of dark secret that Buggy knew about Shanks, a sort of subtle foreshadowing at that moment in Marineford. It could be a grudge from him being stuck with eating his DF due to Shanks accidentally and maybe even Shanks ironically and accidentally leading Buggy to be twarted by Luffy before and even losing his torso for a while BUT we also know now, that Buggy got sick on the way to Laugh Tale with the Roger Pirates and Shanks stayed behind to nurse him so I wonder if Buggy is just projecting a sort of guilt of holding Shanks back from going with them to Laugh Tale and having to look after him instead?

Actually...never mind...I just checked the manga and Buggy never has that interaction with Shanks...Shanks just throws the straw hat to Buggy, thats all...Sigh lol. Fucking fillers!

Oda may have had Buggy become a Yonko because of Shanks specifically too, as well as maintaining the "power balance" in the world with 2 Yonkos being taken down now. Shanks may have been the reason Buggy got promoted to Yonko status if he was the pirate that he spoke to the Gorosei about but I suspect Shanks was talking to them about Luffy instead.

These are some nice ideas anyway man, I like it! Interesting read!

:cheers:

@Gol D. Roger
Luffy launched the attack the prior chapter

true Kaido was able the resist they abrupt force generated from the compression and sudden spring-like expansion of the attack

KOL (you hats him or not) did point out an intriguing detail, when luffy overpower's Kaido there is a certain aura around the punch which seemed to distance Kaido from the punch and the progress he made biting into luffy's hand

I have been consistently saying that Ryou + Fire seemed to have Kaido perturbed and dodge

even in the anime it's emphasized that red hawk was imbued with Acoa.. and narratively luffy and company weren't able to dent kaido's hybrid and Luffy's reaction solidifies that since he's gobsmacked that Kaido ain't getting hurt.. which does indicate he has been using Acoa

but red rock and red hawk were just different when imbued with Acoa..

Status
Not open for further replies.