If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
from a luffy perspective ( since thats the lens through which we see the story)
him going after the one piece ( avoiding any contact with luffy ) makes him very much a villain.
There is something going on with Shanks that we don't know about. Oden flashback kind of suggested there was something said between Roger and Shanks that made him very upset. Despite all the mystery surrounding Shanks, one thing that is very clear is his fondness of Luffy. I don't think he would ever do anything to betray him.

We don't know when the revolutionaries left. You're assuming the Revolutionaries left on Day 4 and not after. And how could Sabo be framed for the shit with Kobra, if the RA wasn't there at all or involved? Marines aren't clearly that stupid to be duped like that. Meaning it was a scenario where the RA was involved, but the WG made it seem like Sabo had done the killing.
I mean, I'm not sure what would make any logical sense for the Revos to stay there longer than rescuing Kuma lol, but sure.

I'm just telling you that Vivi went missing, yet the news seems to know Sabo escaped with Kuma. So why not also Vivi? Also, this exists:

No it doesnt, it builds up hype for sabo to take his place.
really strong theme in shonen at some point you expect the younger fold to replace the older one
and this chapter is setting the seeds for that . End of the story I do not expect sabo to still be in surbodinate position.
End of the story, is after final war is over. Nobody expects Dragon to be alive then. There won't be a revolutionary army for Sabo to his replace him on.

And Dragon's not getting removed until he meets Luffy & actually makes his move. This was simply a declaration of war, where he had Sabo become the image of the revolution. This sets up Sabo to be a big political figure (if not the biggest political figure) in the World Government and lead the world towards a better political state after the Revolution is done.

But replacing Dragon? naye. Cause the RA is getting disbanded after the final war, and Dragon won't be removed from the series until then. He's still the bigger character for Oda.

But also from luffy perspective he wouldn't care about shanks goin for the one piece especially since he sayed he want fight him last breaking a promise don't make you a villain lol now if he start hurting his friends and he talking to luffy like a psycho then hes a villain
mihawk trained zoro
doesnt mean zoro isnt going to try to defeat him some day . at the end of the day its about what goals these characters have and obstacles that stand in their way.

luffy wasnt just fighting kaido to save wano, thats an added bonus, when they drew up the plan to take down kaido of the 4 emperors , luffy didnt know the people in wano were oppressed. its about taking down obstacles to becoming the pirate king. if shanks becomes one , then he is a villain.

There is something going on with Shanks that we don't know about. Oden flashback kind of suggested there was something said between Roger and Shanks that made him very upset. Despite all the mystery surrounding Shanks, one thing that is very clear is his fondness of Luffy. I don't think he would ever do anything to betray him.
might be a good ol oda bait and switch .

Status
Not open for further replies.