If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It also would serve the story. Their relationship definitely needs to be explored (i.e. probably regarding Luffy's mother and Dragon's relationship to Garp).

Plus, I feel like Garp doesn't have any contemporaries to really fight anymore of he doesn't fight Luffy or against the Marines. Dragon is honestly perfect for that.
Doesn't even need to be a full fight

just a small clash

maybe Dragon can convince Garp to finally go against the Marines

after he didn't do anything to try and save Ace, maybe Garp will do it for Luffy or something

I think this quote from Oda is distracting you guys from the core criticism of Gear 5: that it’s introduction and existence in the manga as the Nika fruit is insultingly stupid from a writing perspective.

The Gorosei should have known that Luffy had the Nika fruit for two years now, and yet they sent literally no one to take his ass out and reclaim the fruit. They could’ve had a CP-0 agent covertly assassinate him so as to not cause trouble, but no, they just let this 17 year old kid amass power to become a Yonko level threat without ever sending anyone to deal with him. But I guess CP-0 jerking off in the New World was an important enough reason to not send them to claim the 800 year prophecy fruit. Lol

Nika is also really lazy because we have no idea what Nika is or what it’s powers are, so Oda can literally just make dumbass powers up on the spot as the plot demands it. Gone are the days of Oda masterfully introducing a powerup with established rules and limits that must be obeyed to add tension to the fight: now here’s the Fairy God fruit which has unlimited power and can do anything the plot demands.

The criticism around Fairy Shit form was never how ridiculous it looked. One Piece has always been ridiculous. The criticisms are how it’s existence is clearly a gaping plot hole in the series, and it’s by far the laziest powerup Oda has ever introduced.
Lol it was kind of clear it was a special fruit if you actually thought deeply about it for a sec. Why would Shanks, who has a no-df crew, want to take a random fruit that only lets you become rubbery? There's seemingly more useful and powerful fruits in general. Now it all makes sense. And they didn't do much about him despite him having a fruit because raising awareness to the fact that his fruit is sacred will attract fruit hungry rats ( I.E Blackbeard ) plus even if they got the fruit back who knows if someone just steals it again? A yonko already took it once and I don't think a yonko would be scared to take it again especially considering how valuable it is when awakened. Also, Nika already looked a bit flexible and rubbery in the silhouette, it makes sense that the god that the fruit was based off might actually be some rubbery deity who's extremely flexible and able to do anything in combat. after all that's why a god is a god, they can do anything.

I love G5 and hearing Oda's thought process makes it even better for me personally. Just hopefully he doesn't completely take away Luffy's ability to be serious or mad in certain situations. As that's one of the best aspects of Luffy's character, that he is completely lackadaisical 99% of the time but when he needs to be his personality will switch on a dime. :kayneshrug:
Do you realize that now every fight climax will turn in to a laughing BS now?

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
I mean… let’s look at modern shonen like Demon Slayer and My Hero Academia which got super edgy.
And both really went off the deep end the closer they get to their ending. Seriousness is fine, in fact I welcome it if it's a really important fight, but it's true a lot of mangas really become too edgy for their own good and they just end up mid or straight up trash because of it. Some levity is good, that's what made pre-TS OP so great, all the comedy and interactions between the SHs while also being able to use seriousness in major situations, imo

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
As a Zoro fan, i kinda feel bad lmao

Because Oda is saying this is the type of fight he likes now, the goofy stuff, and that he doesn't have fun making serious fights anymore

so maybe Oda really didn't enjoy making Zoro vs King, considering how edgy and serious it was, compared to the other fights

There was only the King pulling his head gag, that one was golden

I wonder if that's why he has been avoiding Zoro more these past few years, he got tired of the serious fighting style Zoro has

and look how he tried to get around that but having Zoro fight Pika for example, that was a complete goof
kingufy

Status
Not open for further replies.