One Piece Episode 1026 - The Supernovas Strike Back! The Mission to Tear Apart the Emperors

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • 3/5

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 2/5

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters
Awesome episode.

Despite not covering a terrible amount it still felt like a fast paced episode.

Even though this wasn't as well animated as 1017, I think the action was honestly a ton better.

Like, damn, this is just a fantastic action episode and episode generally.

Next episode won't be as good I imagine but it should still deliver on the big moment.

This is a massive step up from the action in the manga. The One Piece manga does not have good choreography. Even when animating One Piece action at its very best, lifting pretty much directly from the manga, you get something like 1017. I think the action this episode was not as well animated as 1017, but I think the frantic nature of the storyboard elevated the action into something that surpassed 1017's action.

I will say there are a lot of references in the storyboard not only to Nakamura's other boards but also action from Stampede. I think I spotted three or four from Stampede in particular.

Last edited:
That was a really great and enjoyable episode.

Other than the fight between Kaido vs Luffy which was really cool to see, I'm also happy to see more of Big Mom in action as well.

Seriously say what you want about Big Mom but she definitely looks way better in the anime compared to the manga.

Also I'm happy that they had Zoro clash with Big Mom even if it was just a short clash, that's something I really wanted to see in the manga.

That was a really great and enjoyable episode.

Other than the fight between Kaido vs Luffy which was really cool to see, I'm also happy to see more of Big Mom in action as well.

Seriously say what you want about Big Mom but she definitely looks way better in the anime compared to the manga.

Also I'm happy that they had Zoro clash with Big Mom even if it was just a short clash, that's something I really wanted to see in the manga.
That's a feat that not even Law has and he's the Swordsman that's supposed to fight against her. If Toei doesn't add filler to certain fights...:kobeha:

This was an excellent episode but I do feel worried for some of the animators who are getting fatigued putting out episodes like this alongside sporadically doing other stuff.

Tu Yong Ce in particular comes to mind. He has been working non-stop on the series and doing a crap ton each time. He did pretty much two minutes of animation this episode, alongside being an animation director who handles corrections(AD). He had over 3 minutes of action on 1017 as well as being AD. He did 2 minutes on 1022 for Marco vs King and Queen, and he did a small scene for 1025. And thats not even mentioning he worked on a small scene in 1015 as well.
I think that it may be better if he just stuck to working on big episodes and stay away from making other contributions so he can keep up his health.

Downplayers, sanjitards and fake Kidd fans got really upset over this episode for some reason...

:milaugh: :milaugh: :milaugh:

Anyhow, Kaido is literally asking for someone to permanently scar and also show him something that'll give him the chills, and that's exactly what my guy death bed ner Zoro is about to deliver next chapter with advCoA Asura and basic CoC.

A brand new scar and shivers down his spine.