Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž

+ sneaking up on her was brutal

I'm not a big sobbing guy, but this moment was actually sad af.

Obito had to use Izanami/Izanagi ( forget which one was for what ) to survive her final attack, right?

G

Gorosei Informer

Huh, I didn't know that was a term. Interesting.

I guess when you introduce too many characters to keep track of, each time you revisit them in the story it's tempting to just repeat their gag. Sanji definitely went through this process. Maybe Franky also. But Brook was just a gag character to begin with. He hasn't changed in any way, only has one mood, and almost everything he does is a gag.
Yeah, its much easier to just dumb them down, simplify them and exaggerate what you already know. I liked how Oda gave Brook some sincerity and thus maturity/seriousness in WCI, he has amazing gravitas when hes serious but he does feel over the top, too extroverted/loud post TS too.

I guess 50 years of isolation will have an extreme counter effect once you find it, in his case, having the SHs give him new life and energy ofc.

Kisame went out like such a fucking badass too btw. Kishi really did him well imo. I loved his and Gais dynamic with each other and his water and shark themed powers too. His personality and relationship with Itachi were great along with his design and voice acting too!

Kisame was def my fave Akatsuki but I loved Deidara, Sasori, Konan and Itachi too. Pain/Nagato is kind of an awkward one for me due to Jiraiya but he was a fucking great villain and such unique powers and fighting style.
:myman:

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
The power gap between Senju brothers was fucking insane.

Hashirama, rival to the GOAT Madara Uchiha.

Tobirama, would probably die from Madara snapping his fingers.
:shame:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
Kisame went out like such a fucking badass too btw. Kishi really did him well imo. I loved his and Gais dynamic with each other and his water and shark themed powers too. His personality and relationship with Itachi were great along with his design and voice acting too!

Kisame was def my fave Akatsuki but I loved Deidara, Sasori, Konan and Itachi too. Pain/Nagato is kind of an awkward one for me due to Jiraiya but he was a fucking great villain and such unique powers and fighting style. Hidan was great and Kakuzu was kinda cool.

Zetsu was the ultimate disappointment too though.
:finally::finally::finally::finally::finally::finally:

I am here for all the Kisame goodness. Easily one of Kishi's best characters. He's an awesome foil to Itachi, both being comrade killers but Kisame despising lies and Itachi living in them. Not to mention their water/fire motifs.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Top 5 fave chars: Itachi, Kakashi, Madara, Sasori, Zabuza

Top 5 Akatsuki: Itachi, Sasori, Orochimaru, Pain, Hidan

Top 5 kage: Kakashi, Naruto, Minato, Gaara, Hashirama

Top 5 female chars: Temari, Tsunade, Ten Ten, Tayuya, Konan

G

Gorosei Informer

You must be forgetting the presence OG Orochimaru had. Quick referesher
Such an INCREDIBLE theme along with the Orochimaru Fight one! Absolutely haunting, menacing and so perfect for his character! Shit got real when that music played!

If you told me before Naruto that a snake fetishising, extremely powerful and pretty much immortal in his own way, ninja Michael Jackson was gonna be one of the best villains and characters ever and be so relentless and playing 4D chess with people for many years, I'd have to call you on being strong drugs lmfao:

R

rubblerust

Yeah, its much easier to just dumb them down, simplify them and exaggerate what you already know. I liked how Oda gave Brook some sincerity and thus maturity/seriousness in WCI, he has amazing gravitas when hes serious but he does feel over the top, too extroverted/loud post TS too.

I guess 50 years of isolation will have an extreme counter effect once you find it, in his case, having the SHs give him new life and energy ofc.
I suppose you can justify the behavior with in-world logic. But Franky and Brook I think are not great characters. They never seem to face any inner conflict. There was an anime filler episode where Brook was trying to fit in with the crew, and there he was actually struggling with something. It was better characterization than anything in the actual manga.

Maybe I'm expecting too much of a shonen though. It's not exactly Shakespeare.