Questions & Mysteries When EXACTLY did Shanks get his scar??

FILM RED SPOILERS BELOW:

Shanks jolly roger shows his scar, so logically speaking that means he got it before he formed his crew:

And yet…

in film red, thats not the case, he has no scar after clearly forming his crew

The picture above is from when Shanks crew first met Uta as an infant baby inside a chest

Uta is said to be 21 years old in present time
Shanks is 39 years old in present time
39 - 21 = 18
This puts Shanks at 18 years old at least when he first formed his crew, and he had no scar then, and yet his jolly roger flag shows so…

BONUS:
When Roger formed his crew with Rayleigh, he had no mustache

and yet his jolly roger shows a mustache:

can these guys see their future appearance and prepare an appropriate flag or what?

the only possible answer to this is if they changed their flag later, but that honestly seems like such an awkward thing to do

from the very early chapters of OP, we learn that a jolly roger is the pride and trademark of a pirate crew, and they risk their lives and honor for raising it

i.e hililuk and foxy

its also the mark to your enemies that signals your presence to them, as people can only identify pirate crews by the flags theyre sailing with

so shanks and roger just changed theirs overtime?

BONUS 2:

Little bit irrelevant but both roger and shanks wore the straw hat before, to the point that the latter was known for it, yet their ephitet/nickname has absolutely no relation to it

I mean, as they are based on the captains my guess is that they just updated it - say Luffy got a scar in his chin now and the Jolly Roger is based on him so they’d have to update it.

FILM RED SPOILERS BELOW:

Shanks jolly roger shows his scar, so logically speaking that means he got it before he formed his crew:

And yet…

The picture above is from when Shanks crew first met Uta as an infant baby inside a chest

39 - 21 = 18
This puts Shanks at 18 years old at least when he first formed his crew, and he had no scar then, and yet his jolly roger flag shows so…

BONUS:

can these guys see their future appearance and prepare an appropriate flag or what?

the only possible answer to this is if they changed their flag later, but that honestly seems like such an awkward thing to do

from the very early chapters of OP, we learn that a jolly roger is the pride and trademark of a pirate crew, and they risk their lives and honor for raising it

i.e hililuk and foxy

its also the mark to your enemies that signals your presence to them, as people can only identify pirate crews by the flags theyre sailing with

BONUS 2:

Little bit irrelevant but both roger and shanks wore the straw hat before, to the point that the latter was known for it, yet their ephitet/nickname has absolutely no relation to it
his future sight is so good that he knew 10-20 years later he will be wounded by BlackBeard like that :kuzanshut:

Taking away the straw hat means changing the hat flag, Roger and Shabjs started off as just being leaders but having fun with their crews, then Roger and Shabks became more powerful and Changed there hats, the start of a new era emerges and the straw hats gain a new King

FILM RED SPOILERS BELOW:

And yet…

39 - 21 = 18

BONUS:

i.e hililuk and foxy

BONUS 2:

Maybe Yasopp told him about it?

Or i can wank Shanks and say he has CoC and travel far into the future only to find the cause of his future scar, so he get back to the present and engrave it on his Jolly Roger.

seriously guys, read the fucking manga.

Some infos related to the movie can be canon, like Shiki existing, but the story of the movie and its place in the timeline arent canon,

H

Herrera95

First of all, Roger doesn't have a mustache he has Nose Hair.

Second, Films are not canon.

Third, they can change they flag whenever they want to.

Just wanted to throw more proof for this issue since the movie is no longer considered spoilers.

This is the scene from the movie that takes place 21 years ago. You can notice the RHP ship has the jolly roger flag with the scar on it…

…despite the 18 year old captain Shanks at the time not having any scars on his face.

I know movies aren’t supposed to be canon, but I just think its interesting to look at this glaring mistake.

Last edited: