Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Ballel

Hiring Hayami should've signaled to everybody the death knell for this character, considering we know Oda has input on who voices the crew. She is literally the most popular young female seiyuu alive today. I've brought this up to people before and they've gone "well Chopper is Pikachu and Zoro/Sanji still do other stuff ." But Hayami is in a completely different dimension when it comes to roles per season, in addition to her having a music career and doing live performances. This is just further evidence Yamato was marketing bait.
If this is true
Fuck you Oda

that Miura's death woke Oda up and made him realise he couls be the next one. And then decided to rush the story.
The time line would add up
For someone who brags about having the script practically already written he sure is scared of his story being left in the dust. Like dude, if your script for the story is already basically finished, someone else can continue the series if you die, even Miura had a bit of a script/idea for the rest of the manga left behind for them to go off of.

B

Ballel

actually reminds me of my country and how One Piece was dubbed here: it was given to a, let's say, smaller studio, probably cheaper, with a few actors doing many different roles (pretty much like the original in this sense). The show itself stopped being dubbed right before Enies Lobby, but later the movies were released in my language. They kept the original cast for the Straw Hats but they hired one of our most popular voice actors for Brook since the series hadn't reached Thriller Bark so he lacked a voice; the feeling was exactly the same as here, as anybody knew that if the series resumed its dubbing at some point the studio wouldn't afford having Brook's actor as a regular, both in terms of fees and availability.
ohh damn, that reminds me of how much love the American series get in my country and how Anime are being treated like shit when it comes to dubs.

B

Ballel

For someone who brags about having the script practically already written he sure is scared of his story being left in the dust. Like dude, if your script for the story is already basically finished, someone else can continue the series if you die, even Miura had a bit of a script/idea for the rest of the manga left behind for them to go off of.
He has the final scene/chapter finished and adapts it according to the changes he keeps making to the story. This is what he said.

And I DOUBT that Oda would be ok with dying during serialisation even if he had the whole script prepared.
Dude wants to live a life at last. He said some years ago that he wouldn't want to die at his desk and his favourite place to die would be lying on a beach.
He wants to get to that fucking beach!!

Status
Not open for further replies.