Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but Japanese work culture isn't exactly well known for their mental health awareness, no!?

Oda would brag about his extreme work schedule and that he only sleeps 3 hrs at night. That's like marketing, he wants to be the guy who needs no sleep and can work like a machine. They see that as a positive trait.
If he is a struggling young author with no money under his name, I can at least try to see his point.

But he is literally an aging millionaire at this point. There is no justification for that sort of bs no matter where he is.

Is it that hard to get another voice actor instead of Oda doing a very terrible twist instead? Literally didn't have to ice her character just because they didn't have enough to keep her current actor interested
If what we are discussing is correct and the studio can't afford having Yamato's actress as a regular, then that probably means Oda never, ever intended Yamato to join the crew so he "allowed" Toei to choose a superstar. Hiring a new actress would be the worst thing to do right now because Yamato already has a established voice and such changes only happen for major reasons (great scandals like what happened to Ivankov's first voice, sickness or death).

ohh damn, that reminds me of how much love the American series get in my country and how Anime are being treated like shit when it comes to dubs.
Anime is commonly treated as a secondary product; One Piece isn't the only series which received a "second class" dubbing. Dragon Ball too may be the best example of it, with a cast most of which has either done little dubbing or were more popular as screen actors.

B

Ballel

If what we are discussing is correct and the studio can't afford having Yamato's actress as a regular, then that probably means Oda never, ever intended Yamato to join the crew so he "allowed" Toei to choose a superstar. Hiring a new actress would be the worst thing to do right now because Yamato already has a established voice and such changes only happen for major reasons (great scandals like what happened to Ivankov's first voice, sickness or death).

Anime is commonly treated as a secondary product; One Piece isn't the only series which received a "second class" dubbing. Dragon Ball too may be the best example of it, with a cast most of which has either done little dubbing or were more popular as screen actors.
There's anime films where aside of the main cast every side character has the same voice actor.

non-Japanese dubbing shouldnt be a thing, just read the fucking subtitles or learn the language ffs :seriously:

If he is a struggling young author with no money under his name, I can at least try to see his point.

But he is literally an aging millionaire at this point. There is no justification for that sort of bs no matter where he is.
yep.The guy is playing with his health.Berserker's author died last year.Japanese work culture is too extreme.Also,i think Yamato will join the straw hats by the final saga,just like Jinbe spent some arcs away from the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.