Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wano had potential to be one of the greatest arcs in one piece, unfortunately its not even close. Why didn't we visit Ryuma grave? Too much is off screened for filler and having time skips leaving plot points unanswered. What is oda thinking? Didn't he say in an interview that he will stop going out his way to hide shit. I guess this is just the conclusion of wano pt.1 and we will revisit more of wano later.

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
May be this is what Oda planned to do when he started OP. But the competent editors of that time steered him in the right direction.

Now, the bootlicker editors have given Oda free reign, and we are finally beginning to see how bad the original 5-year long OP was set to be.

Although, I still hope that Oda had a good story in mind and the current people close to Oda steered him in the wrong direction.

Yamato wanting to be Oden clone. Never progressed or developed her over it.

Yamato wanting to join SH. Scratched the idea.

Zoro visiting Ryuuma's grave. Scratched.

Black blade information. Scratched.

Zoro's reaper plot-line or legit half the shit he did in act 2. Scratched.

Zunesha appeared for what? Nothing.

Wano border opening? Later

Ponyglyphs? Still no idea the fuck they are or mean

Pluton? Yeah, it's still, we're just going to ignore it for now and not even show you

Kaido's FB? Nah

God Valley FB? Nah

Any useful lore dump? Nah

No elaboration upon Nika fruit.

What about Toki's fruit, abilities and FB? Nothing.

What even WAS answered in this arc? Who's plot-lines actually came to proper and adequate conclusion other than Luffy's? None.
I'd add lore/history about Oni's. We knew as much about them before Wano as we do know.

May be this is what Oda planned to do when he started OP. But the competent editors of that time steered him in the right direction.

Now, the bootlicker editors have given Oda free reign, and we are finally beginning to see how bad the original 5-year long OP was set to be.

Although, I still hope that Oda had a good story in mind and the current people close to Oda steered him in the wrong direction.
Oda always had a maximalist approach to writing

He complained that he wasn't able to expand on Alabasta worldbuilding in SBS.

The only difference was that the Cast was smaller pre timeskip and people focused on the adventure so they forgave the poor fights

Oda always had a maximalist approach to writing

He complained that he wasn't able to expand on Alabasta worldbuilding in SBS.

The only difference was that the Cast was smaller pre timeskip and people focused on the adventure so they forgave the poor fights
Fights were never Oda's strong points. Look at how abysmal Zoro's sword fights are.

But at least Oda used to close an arc with all plot points addressed properly. Now, he can't/doesn’t even do that.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Science(Knowledge) + God(Light) = Truth
Toki being so thoroughly wasted hurts me even more than whiffing on Yamato, I can’t believe we got to meet an actual time traveler from the Void Century and her only agency was to bear Oden’s children :kriwhat:
I still want Toki to be from Ancient Wano, and to have sent Zoro/Ryuma to the future.

If we're not going back to Wano at some point, this is the weirdest ending to a One Piece arc.

Toki is such a cool character, if Oda just trashes her backstory I'll be really sad. I really want her to get a shining, defining moment.

Toki is such a cool character, if Oda just trashes her backstory I'll be really sad. I really want her to get a shining, defining moment.
Toki not cool at all. Her concept was great for conveying lore. But she never did anything that I can remember. Not a single panel worth remembering.

Fights were never Oda's strong points. Look at how abysmal Zoro's sword fights are.

But at least Oda used to close an arc with all plot points addressed properly. Now, he can't/doesn’t even do that.
It's because he's biting more than he could chew
I already said that Kaido and Wano should have never been this connected, and we can see how both sides suffered from it

Status
Not open for further replies.