Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Hustlerversity Graduate
Assuming that there's no mistranslation and that we're supposed to agree with Hiyori, then by the narrative's logic we're supposed to believe that Celestial Dragons are capable of redemption but not children who just so happened to be born with the name Kurozumi
Same guy who wrote Fishman Island btw
I'd assume actual good CDs need to give up their name and status and live as normal people

As for the evil CDs and status-Quo merchants, well they're at very least lifetime prison

I stil can't believe this Kurozumi line is real and was featured in the ending of Wano's conclusion chapter.
For the first time in One Piece, the heroes' victory feels hollow.
Nothing changed. The Kozukis are back in power. Wano's borders are still closed. Yamato's still trying to follow in Oden's footsteps. And the whole issue that lead to this entire mess (The Kurozumis' persecution) is still going on
No one learned anything.

Maybe that's the point

The Kurozumis issue is also funny because a consistent message through Wano (and even before) was shitting on its dumb system of beliefs.

—Kin'emon was introduced as a sexist asshole who would demand Nami to walk behind the men but he obviously improved this.

—Momonosuke was starving yet didn't want to eat Sanji's food, not until Kin'emon "allowed" him to do so because it was more important than their pride.

—Wano citizens killed Kawamatsu's mother and crucified him and the minks as kids; Oden was required to change their minds and accept those who were different.

—Oden's greatest mistake was trying to solve Kaidou's issue by himself, he didn't want people from outside to help him open the borders. Momonosuke corrected it by letting Luffy help him.

—Izou gave his life so Kiku and Kin'emon could live theirs after Usopp went on a rant against their stupid ideas about dying honorably, and of course they understood that it's better to enjoy life than die for nothing.

Yet the most poisonous belief that caused the country's suffering of decades remains intact.
I get what you are saying I really do. But I expected this to be the case.

1. Orochi did have a chance since his last name was known by Oden , his dad and tokos dad. He still allowed himself even after being treated differently to step into despair. And did not treat the same Oden with the respect that Oden gave him. Essentially he F'ed it up for everyone else who now has his last name. Him and kanjuro. Is it fair? No. But life isn't fair. Even after kawamatsu lost his mom he still bared no grudge since Oden who came from wano showed him compassion. Did he hate the people that did that to his mother? Yes. Did he hate wano on the whole? No because he knew good people were in wano. Same with the minks

CoC: Color of Clowns

Science(Knowledge) + God(Light) = Truth
G

Gorosei Informer

For the first time in One Piece, the heroes' victory feels hollow.
Nothing changed. The Kozukis are back in power. Wano's borders are still closed. Yamato's still trying to follow in Oden's footsteps. And the whole issue that lead to this entire mess (The Kurozumis' persecution) is still going on
No one learned anything.

Maybe that's the point
That's exactly whats bothering me too. Aptly said.

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Hustlerversity Graduate
But then on the flip-side, if you were a good Celestial Dragon, couldn't you do more good by staying in power?
Doubt it. The General population won't like it.

It's like when an corrupt tyrannical regime change happened and ofc people won't accept you as a leader because your part of previous regime..

the hatred for CD, is really really strong transcend any sort of rationalization.

the good CDs will probably gave up everything and make a settlement of some abandoned island. They should not be living among commoners imo and most importantly they should not go anywhere near world politics

Status
Not open for further replies.