Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Shanks gets a DF, making him not a pure swordsman. And Oda makes him the EoS villain?

Shanks said that he wanted to find one piece with buggy. Buggy is "captain" of cross guild. What if the way Zoro vs Mihawk happens is by Buggy allying with shanks, and shanks being the EoS villain?

the matchup would be:

Luffy vs Shanks
Zoro vs Mihawk
Sanji vs Beckman
Jinbe vs Crocodile
ect.
.......pure swordman..
.:tchpepe:

Luffy has beaten tough guy, by losing 6 times, dying once and with help of 15 people and the tough guy nerfing himself with an island.
Zoro has beaten a tougher guy, in record time. And then went on and took doubled Hakai(2Kaidos+2BigMoms). :saden:
Loro needed mink medicine, Enma, Sanji and Marco fighting King to damage him to win and he nearly died doing that. So take your medicines Lik, Zolo is a fodder as compared to Godfy and you are a fodder at real life.

No I'm just giving the revos credit cus people thought they would get washed beside Sabo even if nerf and you not must know I'm not a big mom fan i hate the bitch so akainu over her anyday or any yonko fan beside buggy and yea we didn't see the fight but your boss don't said dont make excuses for them move on but if Sabo still damage that a W for them
Sure it is w for revolutionary people and sabo to achieve the mission like luffy recuse robin from cp9 group.
However admirals are not defeated by them unlike luffy beat rob lucci .

Of course they fight offscreen and took damage somewhere whatever . We don’t see it.

The Akainu thing don’t make excuse is his personality thing not power level lmao .

Bruh we have many shanks fans making excuse about mihawk that same people lecture us about make no excuses thing.

Think of it like this:

Mihawk's title in Japanese is written exactly the same as Whitebeard's title and Kaido's title. The most logical interpretation of both Whitebeard's and Kaido's titles is that they are stronger, as in more powerful, than anyone who falls under the same category.

Anything that is considered a "creature" should be, by the title, weaker than Kaido. The same goes for Whitebeard.

Why is Mihawk's title treated differently, when it is written in the exact same way as the other two?

Realistically, the only logical way to argue in favor of Shanks is by claiming that he's simply not a swordsman. He can't be stronger than Mihawk and be a swordsman. It's one or the other. The only issue is that trying to argue that Shanks is not a swordsman is a very steep hill, considering it's not something that's ever been suggested in the manga.

Admittedly, Shanks' portrayal and place in the story is confusing. He seems to be much "bigger" than Mihawk in the One Piece world in terms of influence, and he's also heavily tied to the main character. That's why it is definitely possible/probable that Shanks has something, I don't know what, that Mihawk doesn't have in order to match up to him in some way. I'm pretty sure Oda even said it's very difficult to rank/compare two top tiers unless they have a full-fledged 1v1 anyway.

I think Mihawk >= Shanks is a pretty safe bet, with some margin for error.
The issue here is that Oda could have easily said "his strength surpasses that of Red Haired Shanks." There is absolutely nothing stopping Oda from writing that, if that is the message he wants to convey.

Like what author in there right mind would sit down and think to themselves "I am going to write his Swordsmanship surpasses Shanks, but everyone knows I am talking about strength." That doesn't even make any sense.

Personally, I don't care which one is stronger, but we can't sit here and just pretend the author means something completely different than what he wrote, just because. No need for such ambiguity, if the message is meant to be clear.

What if Shanks gets a DF, making him not a pure swordsman. And Oda makes him the EoS villain?

Shanks said that he wanted to find one piece with buggy. Buggy is "captain" of cross guild. What if the way Zoro vs Mihawk happens is by Buggy allying with shanks, and shanks being the EoS villain?

the matchup would be:

Luffy vs Shanks
Zoro vs Mihawk
Sanji vs Beckman
Jinbe vs Crocodile
ect.
Shanks final villain for you ? BB will lol diff shanks and kill him and all is crew

Status
Not open for further replies.