Status
Not open for further replies.
BB did not go to the island at the time of a marine invitation without knowing the risks. He knows what the Navy can do and he knows what Hancock can do. He was still willing to risk fighting them both to get his hands on her fruit. You haven't been paying attention if you think BB would've just backed off as soon as Hancock turns his underlings back to normal. He knew the risks and was ready to sacrifice them if necessary. Rayleigh's involvement is what made things too risky for him, which is the major reason why he backed off.
"he knows what Hancock can do..." He knew to a certain extent on how the Df worked, which is why he used the oppertunity where she was fighting against the Marines to grab her, instead of face to face. BUT he wasn't fully aware of how the DF worked, which is why Oda had Boa explain it to him:
Teach tells Hancock that he has been patiently waiting to get her powers. Hancock tells him that her powers are build upon her own beauty. If Teach kills her, those who have turned into stone will remain in that state. Even the next user of the Mero Mero no Mi will not be able to reverse it. Koby says that Hancock is a problem bigger than he expected.

Teach came in believing that even if some got turned into stone, he'd be able to reverse it, if he just got the DF. But that's not the case. And that changes the entire dynamic. Which is why he then says:
Teach: "This situation looks like it's not going anywhere, ..."

Then he even asks Koby on his opinion: "Do you really think if I let her go... she's going to be nice and turn everyone back to normal?"

Hancock then tells him she'll do it if they agree to leave the Island. But then Teach replies... and this is the crucial part here:
Teach: "And... that is a lie!! The moment I let you go, you will turn us into stone. And that will be our end, right? To be honest, I think there's no way a man can't be affected by your powers. It's a difficult situation... So I think I should just kill you."

Mans admitting that if he let's go of Hancock, she would own em. He says it's a difficult situation, where he cannot at all risk Boa being let go from his grasp, that's how fearful he is of her. And says he would just kill her, which remember now results in him sacrificing two of his 10 titanic captains, and unlike the scrubs like Burgess... these two are the ones he spent all the time hunting pirates to become a warlord to get from ID.

Then Rayleigh comes in, tells Hancock to free everybody from the stones. And also essentially guarantees that she won't turn em stone again if they all quietly leave. Now tell me what reasons Blackbeard have to refuse what Rayleigh did?

He already admit he can't take on Hancock face to face and she'd pawn em all (including Koby and em), which is why he got her when she was fighting somebody else.
And the only way to get back his commanders is if Hancock undoes her thing, which Rayleigh being there certifies Hancock will do that and not turn Teach and them into stone. Hence Rayleigh says "I will be witness"... which goes to Teach telling Boa, "that is a lie!!" he didn't trust Boa's words... with Rayleigh it's a different story.

Now in the off-chance Teach decides to not let go over her and tries to kill Boa still. Teach has to risk Rayleigh being fast enough to free Hancock from him before he can kill her. And once she's free... it's GG...

The Navy here are a non-factor, he already knows their hands are full atm to do anything about him right now.

Only thing Blackbeard was scared of this chapter was the mero mero no mi. Which is the reason he backed off. And Rayleigh of course saving Boa, who was dealing with the Marines & BB pirates.

Bro its characters important to Kaido and mostly all in a way connected to Luffy. His former captain, the two Kings of the era, Shanks who stopped him & Oden who gave him the scar. Sengoku and Garp were rivals to Roger, someone above Kaido whom Kaido even was hyping
Sengoku and garp are rivals for roger like kid for luffy but the truth is roger negg them

My top 18 list. I think this is definitely pretty accurate

Top 18 currently in the onepiece verse revised:

1. Imu
2. mihawk/shanks
3. Dragon/kaido
4. Blackbeard
5. Akainu
6. Ben beckman
7. Luffy
8. Sabo
9. Aokiji/Bigmom
10. Garp/Rayleigh/kizaru
11.Zoro/fujitora/greenbull
12. Yamato
13. Weevil/lucky roo
14. Law/Boa/Yasop
15. King (1wing)/katakuri
16. Kidd/sanji
17. crocodile/jimbe
18. Koby/jqueen

Last edited:
So basically something happened that didn’t allow their fight to take place, Rayleigh says he’s lucky as he wouldn’t be able to beat him
Basic comprehension skills
Blackbeard was mainly worried about Devon and Vasco there

He wanted to kill Boa, but he couldn't because of that, he also wouldn't trust her words, then Rayleigh came in and asked Boa to turn everyone back to normal as BB wanted which she did, but he also said "Don't try any stupid moves".

The fact that Blackbeard didn't tried to fight, even if he could defeat both Boa and Rayleigh, shows that all he wanted was his subbordinate's safety

The thing is, all parties involved obeyed him because he is Rayleigh. If that doesn't look like hype to you, then there is something wrong here.
I think all parties agree cause there not stupid .
Yeah Ray was hype but there also other factors at play .
Still people do like over hype things either way lol .

I'm sure people won't agree with me, but I think current BB with 2 DFs is weaker than Luffy and Shanks. He has no 3rd DF, which a lot of us expect him to get eventually, and he hasn't shown any use of conqueror's haki. I would think that's why Prime Rayleigh would be able to beat this current BB.

BB with 3 DFs is a different story though.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
"he knows what Hancock can do..." He knew to a certain extent on how the Df worked, which is why he used the oppertunity where she was fighting against the Marines to grab her, instead of face to face. BUT he wasn't fully aware of how the DF worked, which is why Oda had Boa explain it to him:
Teach tells Hancock that he has been patiently waiting to get her powers. Hancock tells him that her powers are build upon her own beauty. If Teach kills her, those who have turned into stone will remain in that state. Even the next user of the Mero Mero no Mi will not be able to reverse it. Koby says that Hancock is a problem bigger than he expected.

Teach came in believing that even if some got turned into stone, he'd be able to reverse it, if he just got the DF. But that's not the case. And that changes the entire dynamic. Which is why he then says:
Teach: "This situation looks like it's not going anywhere, ..."

Then he even asks Koby on his opinion: "Do you really think if I let her go... she's going to be nice and turn everyone back to normal?"

Hancock then tells him she'll do it if they agree to leave the Island. But then Teach replies... and this is the crucial part here:
Teach: "And... that is a lie!! The moment I let you go, you will turn us into stone. And that will be our end, right? To be honest, I think there's no way a man can't be affected by your powers. It's a difficult situation... So I think I should just kill you."

Mans admitting that if he let's go of Hancock, she would own em. He says it's a difficult situation, where he cannot at all risk Boa being let go from his grasp, that's how fearful he is of her. And says he would just kill her, which remember now results in him sacrificing two of his 10 titanic captains, and unlike the scrubs like Burgess... these two are the ones he spent all the time hunting pirates to become a warlord to get from ID.

Then Rayleigh comes in, tells Hancock to free everybody from the stones. And also essentially guarantees that she won't turn em stone again if they all quietly leave. Now tell me what reasons Blackbeard have to refuse what Rayleigh did?

He already admit he can't take on Hancock face to face and she'd pawn em all (including Koby and em), which is why he got her when she was fighting somebody else.
And the only way to get back his commanders is if Hancock undoes her thing, which Rayleigh being there certifies Hancock will do that and not turn Teach and them into stone. Hence Rayleigh says "I will be witness"... which goes to Teach telling Boa, "that is a lie!!" he didn't trust Boa's words... with Rayleigh it's a different story.

Now in the off-chance Teach decides to not let go over her and tries to kill Boa still. Teach has to risk Rayleigh being fast enough to free Hancock from him before he can kill her. And once she's free... it's GG...

The Navy here are a non-factor, he already knows their hands are full atm to do anything about him right now.

Only thing Blackbeard was scared of this chapter was the mero mero no mi. Which is the reason he backed off. And Rayleigh of course saving Boa, who was dealing with the Marines & BB pirates.
My guy, you trying way too hard to shift the focus from Rayleigh but that's not gonna work. I agree there are other risks involved, which played a role in BB making his decision, but BB wouldn't have left the island if it weren't for Rayleigh, period. Not to mention the marines, they have almost nothing to lose, but they backed off without a fight too despite having two Pacifista on their side.

Literally the guy who intimidated BB away because the entire "deal" was "Fuck off."

There was no real deal. BB gained nothing. All Rayleigh did was offer to spare the lives of his stone-turned crewmmates in exchange for BB to fuck off, and BB compiled.

The dialogue of Rayleigh comparing himself to BB also heavily suggests Prime Ray > BB.

Teach: "This situation looks like it's not going anywhere, right "Hero” Koby!! You did me a favor in the Rocky Port incident. Thanks to you I was able to defeat “Ouchoku/Wang Zhi" and become the boss of the "Pirate Island"!!"
Teach: "Do you really think if I let her go... she's going to be nice and turn everyone back to normal?"
There was no deal because BB never believed Boa would hold her end of the bargain and says it's a difficult situation so he'll just kill her. Ray tells Boa to release everyone and he'll bear witness to the deal. Ray made sure Boa held up her side of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.